Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 04:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,740,166 times

Advertisements

In case you thought it couldn't get any worse:

At least 10 organizers for the Republican National Convention (RNC) have come down with a likely case of norovirus, according to the Erie County Health Department.

Officials confirmed that of the 32 RNC organizers staying at the Kalahari resort in Ohio, at least 10 have symptoms of norovirus.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), norovirus causes inflammation of the stomach, intestines or both. The virus is known for spreading rapidly through a large group of people.

10 Organizers for the RNC Hit With Norovirus in Cleveland - ABC News

Norovirus Outbreak Strikes California Delegation At RNC « CBS San Francisco

Possible norovirus outbreak hits the Republican National Convention | OregonLive.com

Calif. group to RNC hit by highly contagious norovirus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 04:28 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,848,162 times
If this were a movie, it couldn't get any darker than this. SO glad I am not there!!!

Old 07-19-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
If this were a movie, it couldn't get any darker than this. SO glad I am not there!!!
I cannot imagine this disaster combined with vomiting and diarrhea. Hope they have enough bathrooms in the convention center.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:35 PM

27,692 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Quote:
the Kalahari resort in Ohio,
I'll let you folks figure it out from here

Old 07-19-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I'll let you folks figure it out from here
They are quarantined now but norovirus is highly contagious. Did they go to the convention center? Did they touch anything? Talk to anyone? Sneeze or cough? Hmm?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In case you thought it couldn't get any worse:

At least 10 organizers for the Republican National Convention (RNC) have come down with a likely case of norovirus, according to the Erie County Health Department.

Officials confirmed that of the 32 RNC organizers staying at the Kalahari resort in Ohio, at least 10 have symptoms of norovirus.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), norovirus causes inflammation of the stomach, intestines or both. The virus is known for spreading rapidly through a large group of people.

10 Organizers for the RNC Hit With Norovirus in Cleveland - ABC News

Norovirus Outbreak Strikes California Delegation At RNC « CBS San Francisco

Possible norovirus outbreak hits the Republican National Convention | OregonLive.com

Calif. group to RNC hit by highly contagious norovirus
This must be the reason Trump flew home last night. He's famous for being a germophobe.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This must be the reason Trump flew home last night. He's famous for being a germophobe.
Honestly I would too. You could accidentally touch a railing and be puking (and worse) for days.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:54 PM

25,994 posts, read 22,181,380 times
Quote:
They are quarantined now but norovirus is highly contagious. Did they go to the convention center? Did they touch anything? Talk to anyone? Sneeze or cough? Hmm?
Get the facts: Norovirus | Transmission | CDC It is always good to know the subject that you are discussing especially when it has to do with an illness.

Also, I don't find people being ill amusing, but then, I also am no longer a Democrat.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
Quote:
Honestly I would too. You could accidentally touch a railing and be puking (and worse) for days.
Lol--but if it gets worse, he may want to do his speech on a giant screen from somewhere else like the villains in Bond films.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Get the facts: Norovirus | Transmission | CDC It is always good to know the subject that you are discussing especially when it has to do with an illness.

Also, I don't find people being ill amusing, but then, I also am no longer a Democrat.
From your link:

Quote:
Norovirus is a highly contagious virus. Anyone can get infected with norovirus and get sick. Also, you can get norovirus illness many times in your life. One reason for this is that there are many different types of noroviruses. Being infected with one type of norovirus may not protect you against other types.
Quote:
You can become infected with norovirus by accidentally getting stool or vomit from infected people in your mouth. This usually happens by:
Quote:
-eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus,
-touching surfaces or objects contaminated with norovirus then putting your fingers in your mouth, or
-having contact with someone who is infected with norovirus (for example, caring for or sharing food or eating utensils with someone with norovirus illness).

Norovirus can spread quickly in closed places like daycare centers, nursing homes, schools, and cruise ships

So what do we need to learn that you are referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections