Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:40 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times

Advertisements

We won't be seeing much of either spouse after the election.

In fact, I think either spouse won't even be living full-time in the White House either, for entirely different reasons.

Melania is obviously a very private person, one who is uncomfortable in the political crowds. Since Manhattan is only a few hours away, she can easily be in the White House for functions, but I think she will be much more comfortable, as a person and a mother, in New York City.

Bill Clinton won't be comfortable in the White House either. He sure doesn't want to get in Hillary's way, and he too, has his own thing going in New York. Like Melania, he can be there any time he needs to be present, but he won't be an ever present shadow in the White House.

Both will come and go as necessary to keep the family peace, but neither are going to be anywhere as strong a presence as we are all accustomed to seeing in the First Lady. Or the First Gentleman. Either will set a new paradigm for those who will follow, and I fully expect to see less traditional husband-wife relationships occupy the White Hose as this century progresses.

We have seen a couple of bachelor Presidents in our past, and one who was married while serving. We have yet to see a single woman, or a single widowed President, or a lot of brand-new combinations. I fully expect to see a long-term unmarried couple to eventually occupy the White House pretty soon, as fewer people now choose marriage as a qualifier for a lifetime relationship.

And we have yet to see a Jew, an Asian, a Hispanic, or any other hyphenated-American either. I don't expect to see an openly gay couple, though, at least for some time, but by the end of this century, even though I won't be around, I'm certain all will occupy the White House before it ends.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:42 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,812,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why can't Trump supporters open their mouth without spilling wrecked out crazy stuff?

Countries who hate us is rooting for Trump. That should tell you something.

Wall street and big execs are rooting for Hillary...That should tell you something too!

She could care less about you and all you other pion liberals. All she wants are your votes and she will continue to take care of her friends on wall street along with her now new friends in the FBI! These two are the most despicable people in the country and your liberals put them on a pedestal. Obama plagiarized Deval Patricks speech but that's ok?? My God you people are so brainwashed it's scary!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Since when did America get so high and mighty to flip out over a few borrowed sentences in a speech?

Okay so Melania grabbed a few sentences from Michelle's speech and it is all over the news like if she had just admitted to being undercover for isis.

Melania makes one mistake and we have "speechgate" whereas Bill Clinton a known liar, cheater, womanizer and who knows what else since he pals around with a convicted pedophile on his private island gets zero negative press.

Has America forgotten how he told a bold faced lie to us all over the Monika scandal?
So America is flipping out over a scandal of words but they don't care about a sex scandal.

Who would you rather have as first lady/man Melania or Bill ?
When? When Joe Biden did it - it cost him his run for President.

The ONLY reason that this story has gone on for so long is because the Trump campaign continued to lie about it. NOW - they have found their scapegoat and it will go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Bill for first sexual predator. It has a nice ring to it. Bill will be nothing more than an ongoing embarrassment to Hillary. I bet she wishes she can just lock him in a closet once she's done using him for her self promotion.
Really? Donnie is the one being sued by a 13 year old girl for rape. So there;s that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I look at it this way: first of all; why did she write her own speech? that is highly unusual, but she said she did, ok? If so, she should have had someone check it for her. If she didn't write it she didn't tell the truth.
As for plagiarism, that might be stretching it a little. Didn't our VP do something similar only worse?

I would say, too much is being made out of nothing, but it might also show something about her personality and whether she is going to be the ideal first lady? I don't think this will make a difference to anyone when it comes to voting for President. Let's hope no one is that shallow!
It cost Joe Biden a run for the presidency. Remember? Also - we now know what happened. Two professional speechwriters (because that is what one would want when 23 million people are watching and listening) - submitted a speech to the Trump campaign but never heard another word. When they heard the actual speech she gave, it sounded very little like the one they wrote. We now know that a friend of the family, a New York ballerina, was asked to help out on making changes and she added Michelle's words.

NOT the hallmark of a professional campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Quite an amusing read, watching you and the other lefties grasping for straws in an attempt to make something out of nothing.
Out of a long speech there were two lines that shared some similarities, it's long since over with and forgotten as the non issue it was.
You would prefer a screeching, corrupt old witch who kills our military personnel and laughs it off and lies about it? Where are your principles?
Felony Clinton is totally corrupt in every way and you spend your time worrying about the possibility a couple of lines in a speech has some similarities. Amazing how the left thinks...
It's was blatant and now the Trump campaign has admitted same.

So much for the Pretty Pony or whatever BS they were trying to serve the lemmings.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Wall street and big execs are rooting for Hillary...That should tell you something too!

She could care less about you and all you other pion liberals. All she wants are your votes and she will continue to take care of her friends on wall street along with her now new friends in the FBI! These two are the most despicable people in the country and your liberals put them on a pedestal. Obama plagiarized Deval Patricks speech but that's ok?? My God you people are so brainwashed it's scary!
White Supremacists and the KKK are rooting for Trump. That should tell YOU something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections