Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 11:54 AM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What convention did you watch? Aside from some disgruntled Cruzbots, the attendees have all stated the arena was filled with love and excitement.
Exctement- sure. But the love was pretty rough, especially the first day. I thought the chairs would be flying at any second for most of the show.

But then, maybe that's what passes for love among the Republicans. Any love is good love, so they say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 01:26 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,678,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The usual.. they will pull out their deck of race cards and play them.. the division card, the put everyone is a category slot and the curse of black skin message they use all the time , which is racist racist,racist, put on African Americans..the same ole..

Then they will talk about ALL Mexicans, instead of illegal aliens as if Legal Mexicans are included in the message.. they aren't!!

Legals are all welcomed!! They came the right way!!

Now Hillary will talk about Trump being a racist, a bigot, creating fear.. the same ole lies. They have no real fight so they have to call names and spread lies.. they don't want to hear the truth .. they are the deceivers who lead the left with lies.

Bernie supporters got mowed down by the Clinton machine of big money , big business.. they want globalism and to hell with the American people who struggle today.

The Clinton machine called Trumps message dark.. well I see it as putting light on our problems here.. what do they care.. they grow rich, give lip service as blacks are pushed into the ghettos with a welfare check away from their elitist neighborhoods.
Exactly!
The dopey liberals keep claiming that Trump is dividing America somehow. Even though his speeches have always been about uniting ALL Americans towards a common goal of making America great again. The Dumbocrats? Yeah..pretty much race baiting hatred and divisiveness. Spitting in the face of police by trotting out BLACK MOTHERS OF CRIMINALS (BMC) to speak about dem racist white po-leece and "How dey killed muh baby!" rhetoric.

How the hell is that helping America

Old 07-23-2016, 04:29 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,007,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What convention did you watch? Aside from some disgruntled Cruzbots, the attendees have all stated the arena was filled with love and excitement.
Yeah right. "Lock her up" is such a loving statement.

The RNC convention that I watched was full of demonizing immigrants and leaving the party’s core constituency of aged white voters scared and angry. Much of the convention doubled as a sort of family grief pageant as the relatives of Americans killed by terrorists and undocumented immigrants were paraded out to have their sorrow weaponized by the RNC. A large chunk of the programming was eaten up by needlessly detailed and graphic retellings of the Benghazi attacks, all of it punctuated with frequent demands that Hillary Clinton be imprisoned for whatever unspecified crime she committed.

The message by the last day was simply that immigrants will kill you, criminals will kill you, terrorists will kill you, Donald Trump is strong, and Hillary Clinton should be in jail. It was purely emotional, grossly manipulative, and heartlessly exploitative.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:45 PM

10,061 posts, read 9,576,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Oh give me a break. We Democrats want a fair and just society that protects the environment and the people and makes it easier for people to enter the middle class. The "free stuff" argument is a joke. Who the hell is getting free stuff?!

Hillary Clinton is the best choice to uphold the CONSTITUTION. She will preserve this country's hallmark feature of being immigrant friendly and welcoming to the outside world. She will preserve the Second Amendment while at the same time making it harder for people to get guns who should NOT be having access to guns. She will PROTECT democracy from eroding by passing a new amendment to overturn Citizen's United.

I love her. We need her. She will win BIG in November and make an amazing first woman president!
You want fair and just? And you want Hillary? LOL.....

Seriously, when you mention immigrant families, when discussing Hillary and the convention, you need to change that to illegal immigration because that's where her focus is at.

She is a crook who doesn't care who she buries to get what she wants. Heck, she's dragging Bill out to compaign, who obviously is in bad shape.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
I'm hoping there is a Trump University booth at the DNC.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:02 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,044,312 times
"Lock her up"...
Yes, I think that is appropriate. If I had done what she did with classified material when I had a Secret Clearance, that is where I would be! But then, I am not related to the Clintons.
"Immigrants will kill you..."
Well, yes, some will.
"Terrorists will kill you..."
Well, yes, that is their JOB!
"criminals will kill you..."
Yes, again, some will.

Hillary will defend the Second Amendment...
No, I don't believe that for a minute!

I will not vote for her! (get used to that. I will be saying it a LOT right up until election Day!)

Old 07-23-2016, 05:05 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,572,208 times
The Sanders delegates should go through the entire roll call.

Then stand up and walk out.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:13 PM

381 posts, read 178,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Uphold the constitution? But rules are for everyone else not her. She has demonstrated this.
Immigrant friendly? Oh by granting a free pass to all who have entered illegally. All those who played by the rules will get to keep waiting in line. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
Citizens United? Oh those super pacs. Yeah get rid of them after she uses them to get elected.
Gun laws. We have gun laws. Lets enforce the ones on the books. Lets also make it mandatory for shrinks to report dangerous patients.
You know she will do all these things how? Because she said so? She is a demonstrated and proven liar. Trump is practically repeating Hillary's stance on immigration and border security from her 2008 positions. All Hillary has demonstrated to me are the following.
1. Rules are for everyone else. Do as I say not as I do.
2. She will lie about anything to anyone.
3. She always has an excuse for her failures.
4. She has not one once of integrity in her entire body.
I am not voting Trump, but no power on earth can make me vote for that lying, corrupt, elitist thief, Hillary Clinton.

This is an excellent point. A president is supposed to uphold the constitution but instead the Democrat leaders want to reward those breaking the law. Very baffling. I'm an immigrant myself; there's a lot of people who would love to come to the U.S. but do it legally despite the long wait period and costs.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:15 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm hoping there is a Trump University booth at the DNC.
Oh! Will it have a cardboard cutout of Trump to pose with just like those lucky Trump U graduates got? Those lucky grads only had to pay $35,000 for a picture of a cardboard cutout!

Old 07-23-2016, 06:50 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,967 times
It probably will be a similar circus as the GOP one. Just another set of people who think their chosen hero is the right one. Probably also more celebrities.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections