Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 03:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
It's just keeps getting more bizarre. Ex KKK leader David Duke announced he will run for the Louisiana senate this fall. This article in USA Today includes the details of his decision, but this cut pretty well sums it all up: Duke said in the video, “I’m overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues that I’ve championed for years. My slogan remains America first.”

That sentence says it all about the Donald's campaign.So sad.
Do David Duke, became a Republican, and he was "Inspired" by Trump...

but the left doesnt think other "democrats" will be inspired by him...

weird..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 03:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
David Duke former KKK
Roberty Byrd former KKK
What do they both have in common? They were Democrats at the time they were involved with the KKK.

Dont tell Democrats though.. they will claim its wrong.. complete ignorance

Old 07-22-2016, 03:36 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,961 times
Quote:
It's just keeps getting more bizarre. Ex KKK leader David Duke announced he will run for the Louisiana senate this fall. This article in USA Today includes the details of his decision, but this cut pretty well sums it all up: Duke said in the video, “I’m overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues that I’ve championed for years. My slogan remains America first.”

yeah because Trump asked him to, right? This is such a feeble attempt to pin this to trump its beyond laughable.....all you are doing is confirming your fears that may be realized this fall....let's hope so....it might be more entertaining to listen to you than him?

Old 07-22-2016, 03:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Democrats have wide and deep support from hate groups all over the US but all they seem to give a damn about is the KKK. I haven't seen or heard about the KKK actually doing anything in my lifetime but I've seen almost 10 police officers shot and killed in the last couple months by hate groups that support democrats and nobody on the left seems to give a damn.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:39 PM

830 posts, read 684,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
yeah because Trump asked him to, right? This is such a feeble attempt to pin this to trump its beyond laughable.....all you are doing is confirming your fears that may be realized this fall....let's hope so....it might be more entertaining to listen to you than him?
Duke is running for political office in support of Trump's agenda. Why is that not a good thing? He's running for congress and would support Trump in the Senate.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What do they both have in common? They were Democrats at the time they were involved with the KKK.

Dont tell Democrats though.. they will claim its wrong.. complete ignorance

yeap!!!! and the hypocrisy is that CNN never made a big deal about Byrd endorsing Democrats.....I never saw CNN ask Obama or Hillary to denounce Byrd's endorsement of them.

the hypocrisy from the liberal media.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:03 PM

416 posts, read 260,189 times
Isn't hyperbole a great thing? All i did was post a quote that said David Duke was "inspired" by trump and people get all sideways. I didn't say Trump "asked him to," or the dumpster endorsed him...those were your words.

My guess is Duke was sitting home watching the convention and saw a black preacher kick off the convention and heard him invoking the name of God to get Hillary and the enemies of Trump. Then he watched as Flynn talked of "American Exceptionalism," followed by brain dead Rep Steve King talking about sub-groups not being as good as the white folks and suddenly he felt a kinship.

The kicker was when the Donald got up and started talking about "America First" and the duke wet his pants over finally finding someone who had the same values he had. No big deal, just kind of happenstance .

Old 07-22-2016, 04:06 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,327 times
Quote:

I'd be very interested in how this has anything to do with Donald's campaign.

I guess your parents and teachers didn't teach you that anybody can grow up to be president (or senator). The Idiot In Chief we have now did just that, and he is the most racist, unqualified person I can think of.

And one would hope everyone in America would be for America first. Guess that's another thing your people didn't teach you.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:26 PM

830 posts, read 684,387 times
Trump supporters should be appreciative that Duke is running for congress supporting Trump. At least these supporters show some appreciation:

Via https://goo.gl/onLUsg

Old 07-22-2016, 04:37 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by let go now View Post
From what I know Byrd denounced his former KKK self. Has Mr. Dukkke done that?

what part of being a former KKK you don't get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections