Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2016, 09:47 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
What are the issues that are not being touched on that are important to America?
Unemployment
The Economy has not grown over 2% GDP
National Security
Wages are down
Open Borders.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:49 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Because that is what is happening. You trust the government far too much.
What benefit is there for the government to do that though?

Let me ask you this: Why do you think Obama and the Democrats want to accept refugees?

Old 07-27-2016, 09:50 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Unemployment
The Economy has not grown over 2% GDP
National Security
Wages are down
Open Borders.
Jihadist importation schemes.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:50 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,647 times
Sucks that Obama couldn't run for a third term. It would be the most slamduck easy win, landslide victory OF ALL TIME if he went up against Trump. Unfortunately with Americans the way they are now and their dislike with Hillary, its going to be much closer than it really should be.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:51 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Quote:
What benefit is there for the government to do that though?

Let me ask you this: Why do you think Obama and the Democrats want to accept refugees?
It makes no sense. There is no benefit in doing so for the American people. But they are doing it and want to do it more.

There is some reason the elites in both parties want to bring in refugees but it's not to benefit the American people.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
This convention has been truly amazing and awe inspiring!!

Love, devotion, compassion, compromise, hope.....such a beautiful night!!

Not only do the Hillary supporters feel this but so do the Trump supporters (which is why they are writhing like snails sitting on salt)

Comparing these two conventions is like comparing the angry ranting of a tantrum filled toddler to the poignant, eloquent wisdom of a sage. The Republicans did not make a case for a Trump presidency and they know it.

America is great because of our optimism, our spirit and steadfastness. WE ARE ALREADY GREAT!!!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Who says the refugees are unvetted? As far as I'm concerned it's like 2+ year process to get into the country. Why do people think the country is just accepting any and all refugees without any background checks?
The FBI, Homeland Security and National Security Agency all said in Congressional Testimony that they really have no way to "vet" the Syrian refugees and have to depend on what they tell them. Add to that - the New York Times and Washington Post said that the 2 year "vetting" has been condensed down to 3 months ..... because they are way behind in the numbers they promised the UN that they would import.
This is why so many of the Syrian refugees and Central American refugees (who get no vetting at all) are bringing in diseases - particularly Tuberculosis. Fun Times for the towns that get stuck with them.

The press has reported all of this, but it can be buried on page 8 lowest left corner.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Well three great speeches and than Kaine. I guess all things have to come to a end at some point. Kaine is a good man but he has to much Beaver Cleaver in him. Good thing the President is up to back so we can end this night on a positive note.

I was thinking more along the lines of Church Lady from Saturday Night Live. Too bad, I was hoping to be impressed.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:55 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This convention has been truly amazing and awe inspiring!!

Love, devotion, compassion, compromise, hope.....such a beautiful night!!

Not only do the Hillary supporters feel this but so do the Trump supporters (which is why they are writhing like snails sitting on salt)

Comparing these two conventions is like comparing the angry ranting of a tantrum filled toddler to the poignant, eloquent wisdom of a sage. The Republicans did not make a case for a Trump presidency and they know it.

America is great because of our optimism, our spirit and steadfastness. WE ARE ALREADY GREAT!!!

I can't say it any better, poppy.

I will miss my president so damn much...

Old 07-27-2016, 09:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Sucks that Obama couldn't run for a third term. It would be the most slamduck easy win, landslide victory OF ALL TIME if he went up against Trump. Unfortunately with Americans the way they are now and their dislike with Hillary, its going to be much closer than it really should be.
Obama has acknowledge Trump is closer to win than the DNC is willing to express.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections