Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 06:16 AM

45,631 posts, read 27,240,441 times

Advertisements

Anyone tuned in to the missing topic of the day?

Missing Topic From DNC Day One: ISIS

Over 60 speeches were made Monday night at the Democratic National Convention, yet one key topic was MIA: the rise of ISIS.

National security is the key issue of this election. Without it, we have nothing. The promises are worthless.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:33 AM

3,333 posts, read 1,967,269 times
Despite all the happy happy silly silly there is an undercurrent of seething irrational mean-spirited hate running through this convention like a main circuit cable plugged straight into Hillary Clinton.
To put forward the proposition that roughly one half of the population are to be treated like strangers in the land they were born is incomprehensible.

If you are a democrat and you are not deeply ashamed of this chaos, then you are a sociopath.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:46 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Bernie and his supporters were cuckold by their party. They got mad for a minute and then last night were shamed for being upset about being screwed over. Kind of like being raped and told to just lay back and enjoy it. Sarah Silverman insulted their intelligence and called them ridiculous. Al Franken told them it's not really that bad and told them a joke or two to make em laugh. Michelle 0bama just ignored the situation. Bernie told them to #$%$ and get with the program, get back on the plantation and embrace the rapist. After all the rapist is their father and they have to keep the family together And they want the country to support them. What a party!
I didn't see Sarah Silverman until this morning, but I liked that line. I only wish all the college presidents and deans had said that for the last several years to all these protesters on campuses. Instead of telling them they were acting like children, they caved to every demand including ruining long built careers of administrators over lies and accusations. It's about time someone told them they were being ridiculous.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:54 AM

142 posts, read 72,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Constant complaining about the bogeyman (Trump) constitutes inspiring and positive?
Compared to RNC, yes. RNC would not talk about anything else but Hillary, and every talking point was repeated by every speaker, while DNC talked about actual issues as well. Of course they spent some time ripping Trump too. It is to be expected.

RNC: Ripping Hillary 90%, other 10%
DNC: Ripping Trump 30%, other 70%

Old 07-26-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Sure......If the DNC can't do any better than to promote illegal aliens front and center, they are in a world of hurt and their numbers will go down. The vast majority of Americans are NOT pro illegal alien. Most Americans want immigration laws to be enforced. Nothing is a bigger negative than what we saw last night. The problem with progressives is they think they can brain wash people into feeling sorry for law breakers.
Immigration seemed to be the theme of the night. Like I said, I do not agree with Dem agenda, so I am just commenting on the mood of the convention.

Personally, I do not see Hillary winning. It was surprising they had so few candidates to begin with, while GOP had so many. Of course the most surprising thing was to see Trump win from all the other options. He deserves some credit for it.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Anyone tuned in to the missing topic of the day?

Missing Topic From DNC Day One: ISIS

Over 60 speeches were made Monday night at the Democratic National Convention, yet one key topic was MIA: the rise of ISIS.

National security is the key issue of this election. Without it, we have nothing. The promises are worthless.
I would assume different days have different themes, much like with the RNC had. Monday was heavy on immigration, unity, family and promoting US as whole. According to the commentators today will continue with same, plus fight against violence, which probably means gun control.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:05 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_J View Post
Compared to RNC, yes. RNC would not talk about anything else but Hillary, and every talking point was repeated by every speaker, while DNC talked about actual issues as well. Of course they spent some time ripping Trump too. It is to be expected.

RNC: Ripping Hillary 90%, other 10%
DNC: Ripping Trump 30%, other 70%
There was another terror attack in France, where a Norman priest was beheaded, and the DNC didn't even mention the threat of terror. Yes, they were so positive, but their heads are firmly planted in the sand.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There was another terror attack in France, where a Norman priest was beheaded, and the DNC didn't even mention the threat of terror. Yes, they were so positive, but their heads are firmly planted in the sand.
Telling people to be afraid, and that the government is here to help might fire up certain people, but not everyone. There are many issues, and people prioritize them differently. I would assume the terror threat will be brought up in the remaining three days, but it it clear RNC is more into the fear tactics than the DNC.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:32 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,656,943 times
So called more positive tone convention, first thing I hear is Mayor of Boston self-identifying as an alcoholic.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:35 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,988,727 times
I just read a blurb on facebook (with picture), that there are NO United States flags visible anywhere in the DNC venue. Can somebody who is watching this circus comment on this?
Yes, I am curious, but not enough to actually WATCH the buffoonery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections