Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 10:14 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_J View Post
Telling people to be afraid, and that the government is here to help might fire up certain people, but not everyone. There are many issues, and people prioritize them differently. I would assume the terror threat will be brought up in the remaining three days, but it it clear RNC is more into the fear tactics than the DNC.
Tell that to the families of the dead who were murdered by the terrorists.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Exactly. When Trump says, "letting the states decide," he is saying repeal the Federal minimum wage. Some states, like Alabama and Mississippi, have no state minimum wage and if the Federal wage law is repealed, their minimum wage would become zero. Warren's statement is 100% correct.
Does it cost the same to live in NYC as it does in a mid west? In the state I live in I'm doing well and living a pretty nice life, if I were to live in NYC I'd be scrounging and living a very low standard of living.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,709,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
"When they go low, we go high." Great line.
She must have gotten that idea from her husband: They bring a knife, we bring a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Wow, wow, wow!

That speech by Corey Booker was AMAZING!

Exactly what Americans want and need to hear.

Together we are better. Individualism gets individuals through difficulties, but individualism didn't accomplish the great things that have happened in our country - great things have happened when we all worked together.

America doesn't need to be great again. America has always been and can always be great!

LOVE trumps hate.

Booker for President 2020!
Booker was full of hot air and empty words, whipping up the crowd and enjoying himself doing that.
"Together we are better" is the same as "You didn't build that". What a commie message, and the crowd falls for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Michelle Obama and the girls are absolutely beautiful!
Michelle's words in this speech are POWERFUL!!!
Especially powerful (and sobering) were her words about how we have the opportunity to decide who will have the power to shape our childrenthe next 4-8 years. Hillary? Who wants to hand their kids over to Hillary and her kind of government?

Can anyone in the Dem party tell me that they really do want Hillary, a proven liar, to have any power to 'shape our children'? ?

Maybe Michelle wasn't thinking right - that vest was interfering with her breathing, cutting down O2 to the brain.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:35 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,230,268 times
The DNC presented a very good Open to the Convention.

We can't worry about the RNC's inability to comprehend what the DNC speakers were talking about.

I don't think there's an antidote for what ever condition that has afflicted Republican Mindsets. Its dominantly obvious at this point, their selective Amnesia and drama chasing has some twisted element wrapped in it; of which, is very adverse to cooperative and functionally interactive civil society. They prefer to seek fights and contentions filled by drama.

They push ahead trying to validity the "swindler", because they are consumed with dis-illusion behind anyone who says they have money.
These are the same people who will on a moments notice become anguished and push contention, try to turn simple things into some they can create drama behind.
It's so unfortunate that such a volume can be driven like a posse, off any cliff their herder can find, and they crash the bottom and; if they survive they will deny they were driven off and pretend they slipped. and get up and follow the herder again, they will repeat this cycle without fail.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-26-2016 at 11:19 AM..

Old 07-26-2016, 10:38 AM

142 posts, read 72,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Tell that to the families of the dead who were murdered by the terrorists.
I will let you tell them the government is here to help.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:51 AM

26,658 posts, read 28,727,992 times
I know, let's have a thread where the Repubs can call Elizabeth Warren, Pocahontas! An entire thread just for that. I have no idea where they get this childish name calling from but get it out of your system. They have childish names for everyone--Grow Up! and write something coherent instead of simply name calling.

That said, I will still vote for Hillary, not that I agree with all of it (like illegals and free tuition) but there won't be a country to vote in at all if Trump wins.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:58 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I know, let's have a thread where the Repubs can call Elizabeth Warren, Pocahontas! An entire thread just for that. I have no idea where they get this childish name calling from but get it out of your system. They have childish names for everyone--Grow Up! and write something coherent instead of simply name calling.

That said, I will still vote for Hillary, not that I agree with all of it (like illegals and free tuition) but there won't be a country to vote in at all if Trump wins.
To be fair, there are a myriad of posts in this very thread from last evening referring to Melania Trump as a "fembot". It doesn't appear that name-calling is a habit synonymous with any one particular side. Let's shed our myopia and keep it honest.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

They are fine with that but the minute you knock Trump, they get thin-skinned. Grow a pair republicans. If you don't like it when the shoe is on the other got, don't do it in the first place.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
The DNC presented a very good Open to the Convention.

We can't worry about the RNC's inability to comprehend what the DNC speakers were talking about.
I heard it loud and clear.

Wall Street. Wall Street. Wall Street.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I heard it loud and clear.

Wall Street. Wall Street. Wall Street.
I can't remember isn't that what the dog whistle for the RNC was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections