Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:14 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump will run this country like a Business and cut waste from those branches of Gov. Clinton by far, has more corrupt issues than Trump ever had or has.

She takes money from Wall Street and criticizes whose who do. She Accepts money from Soros who is responsible for the BLM and many other Radical organizations.

These People will call in their paid favors at some point of time.
So Trump is going to file bankruptcy, sell Mississippi to the Chinese and Alabama to the Russians? All Trump is good at doing with business is not paying his bills and selling his name to other developers.

Better question would be why Clinton or Trump? They are both awful choices, there are better choices than those two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 01:25 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,552,625 times
It was Clinton's turn to loot the Treasury for her globalist pals.

Last edited by Goinback2011; 07-31-2016 at 01:43 AM..

Old 07-31-2016, 01:55 AM

4,211 posts, read 4,466,549 times
Read, The New Media Monopoly by Ben Bagdikian. There are six major news corporations which are used to carpet bomb the populace to view an event as they desire the populace to view / perceive it. Perish the thought the fourth estate did their job.

"At issue is not just a financial statistic, like production numbers or ordinary industrial products like refrigerators or clothing. At issue is the possession of power to surround almost every man, woman, and child in the country with controlled images and words, to socialize each new generation of Americans to alter the political agenda of the country. And with that power comes the ability to exert influence that in many ways is greater than that of schools, religion, parents, and even government itself." Ben Bagdikian 1997 Beacon Press

Watch the BBC Documentary, The Century of Self by Adam Curtis. These are the type of topics on which the general public needs to be educated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

An example of the lies on globalism ("free trade" NAFTA, GATT, proposed TPP et al) is illustrated perceptively in this Charlie Rose interview with Sir James Goldsmith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQr...55EEFDD0D9F07E

The American people have been sold out by the politicians who (mostly owned by Wall Street, Corporations, Union Fund administrators, etc..) have enriched themselves to the detriment of the people. Essentially, the people are being 'farmed'.

Hillary is best described in this quote from historian Daniel Boorstin former Librarian of Library of Congress 1975-1987

"Americans live in a world of pseudo facts, which is created for them by their own media"

Comedians seem the only ones who cut through the layers of 'pseudo facts'.
(warning: language for those easily offended)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

Here's another (warning language) condensed version :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuvTwibVXCw

The attraction of Trump is simply as a protest vote against the ruling elite. He is 'the finger'. While he is unlikeable at many levels he IS willing to talk about two primary issues of importance to the country's future. ILLEGAL immigration (it's economic and security concerns), and failed trade policies which enabled global labor arbitrage - driven by both parties for different reasons; The dems to grow their government dependency based voting blocs, and the Reps to enable their corporate owners to drive labor costs down through labor arbitrage in 'the race to the bottom. Read former GM president Robert Stempel.

The same globalist crowd (Bilderberg / Davos Group men) who enabled NAFTA will do the same with TPP. Interesting ad hoc story. When I was in Business school (Political class) we conducted a political exercise at the time which looked at all the constituent players involved and based upon the impacts, advantages, disadvantages to the American economy by each interest group at that time it would by our measures overwhelmingly fail - yet, it was SOLD to the people by elites to enrich themselves.

Much like Obama's affordable health care act was SOLD (and rammed through the legislative process) to the people and in which no representative had time to read all 1500 pages, yet voted to pass it! Recall Nancy Pelosi stating, "we have to pass it to know what is in it"? It is the same M.O. These complicit 'purposely neglectful representatives and their 'owners' need to be held to same outcomes which the people they represent are subject to. Including incarceration and in some egregious cases execution.

Trump is perceived as the proxy 'pitchfork' to many citizens. Many are waking up to 'cognitive dissonance' and even if they find DJT distasteful and unlikeable, he comes across as being more straightforward (like the irascible rich person in your town who occasionally gives to the community rather than the insidious institutional corrupt bureaucrat who keeps taking and taking and making your life more constricted and disconnected from cause and effect / actions) than the other alternatives (given mass media plaudits).

Watch the movie Wag The Dog with Dustin Hoffman and Robert DeNiro to better understand the concept of Pseudo Events and HOW the general public is manipulated.

The method of control is: first they promote (via money) the most compromised candidate for control purposes, second, - if not easily controllable - they conduct a smear campaign - see the treatment Ron Paul received in Republican race in 2008. The marginalization by the media, and third, if somehow the politician is trying to uncover wrongdoing by those in government they get the Paul Wellstone, Sonny Bono treatment - convenient 'accidents' removing them.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:48 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
So Trump is going to file bankruptcy, sell Mississippi to the Chinese and Alabama to the Russians? All Trump is good at doing with business is not paying his bills and selling his name to other developers.

Better question would be why Clinton or Trump? They are both awful choices, there are better choices than those two.

Sure, but the next president will be one of these two candidates.

Hillary is, at her very best, the antithesis of a public servant.

Trump is often undiplomatic, but a patriot at heart.

I'll take the patriot.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:39 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:

Why is there so much support for this insider?
Fortunately, most Americans realize Fox News and right-wing blogs mostly spill BS.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:52 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,307,608 times
Why Clinton? Because Cthulhu isn't running.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:12 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,167,739 times
When I look or listen to Hillary I see one politician that is afraid to talk to the public - see cannot afford to answer any hard questions. Trump had pointed out that Hillary has not had one news conference in over 200 days. When you have as many secrets and scandals as Hillary the only information you will get is from the Russians and WikiLeaks! Six corporations control 90% of the news in the US and those six back the status quo with Hillary.

I think that what is more disturbing is that the Justice Department is more political than it has ever been. At one time we had a pretense of propriety and now they simply do not care. I almost wished that we passed a law that justices cannot vote or show affiliation with any political party. The whole system is ridiculous and that goes for both Parties. Our law is supposed to represent everybody and not just Republicans or Democrats.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:55 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,350,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
When I look or listen to Hillary I see one politician that is afraid to talk to the public - see cannot afford to answer any hard questions. Trump had pointed out that Hillary has not had one news conference in over 200 days. When you have as many secrets and scandals as Hillary the only information you will get is from the Russians and WikiLeaks! Six corporations control 90% of the news in the US and those six back the status quo with Hillary.

I think that what is more disturbing is that the Justice Department is more political than it has ever been. At one time we had a pretense of propriety and now they simply do not care. I almost wished that we passed a law that justices cannot vote or show affiliation with any political party. The whole system is ridiculous and that goes for both Parties. Our law is supposed to represent everybody and not just Republicans or Democrats.
Candidates do not have to have daily open news conferences.
Nor do presidents. While Trump the showman has them, he rarely actually answers the questions asked. (It will be great, is not a answer), so they can be pretty pointless.

Since Newscorp (my employer....until I finally retire) is one of the six, and I don't see them backing Hillary or any democrat. Yesterday, today or tomorrow. But those are only broadcast media, which is not the only source of information. But that being said, Trump dominated the news coverage over the last 12 months. Good, bad or otherwise, You could add all the coverage all the other candidates had (of both parties), all of their campaign advertising and throw in the Benghazi hearings and he still had a whole lot more coverage by broadcast media (TV/Cable) than all the other candidates. Even during the conventions, he had more coverage during the DNC news coverage and broadcasts, then Hillary had during the RNC broadcast and news coverage.

The Telecommunications act was supposed to increase competition by preempting state or local legal requirements that acted as a barrier to entry in the provision of interstate or intrastate telecommunications service. But like most deregulation, the real winners were those who could afford to grow via mergers and outright purchases of the competition, not new smaller competitors.

The vote was 81-18 in the senate. (Sen. McCain was one of two Republicans against). Only a voice vote was taken in the house. Less then 3 percent of all of the members of Congress were against it, so when it went to the white house, a veto would have been a waste of time (and political currency).

Like many bills from congress, the Act was written by the industry it was supposed to regulate.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/image...es_av_year.gif

Last edited by plannine; 07-31-2016 at 07:11 AM..

Old 07-31-2016, 06:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,795,162 times
Quote:
Hilary Clinton and the Machine has to be the most corrupt politician on record and makes Richard Nixon look like a Amateur. The FBI basically outline a case to indictment and the bookkeeping of the Clinton Foundation is suspect.

There is a long tedious list of this woman questionable acts. It really leads me to believe she has a file on every politician's dirt.
I do not see a bright future if this woman is elected. We will end up with fascist Government.

Why is there so much support for this insider?
Exactly. There's a long, tedious list of questions, investigations and accusations but no convictions.

Just a bunch of 30 year right-wing claims and smear attempts. Never pay dirt.

Show me the smoking gun. Show me a conviction. Show me a Nixon-level crime where she is forced to step down and then I will consider the validity of your accusations.

If she were really guilty of all these crimes, no politician could survive it.

And yet here she is only steps away from the presidency. How is that possible if all this is true?

It's a smear campaign.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:27 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Arrow The Art of theFall Guy or Gal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Exactly. There's a long, tedious list of questions, investigations and accusations but no convictions.

Just a bunch of 30 year right-wing claims and smear attempts. Never pay dirt.

Show me the smoking gun. Show me a conviction. Show me a Nixon-level crime where she is forced to step down and then I will consider the validity of your accusations.

If she were really guilty of all these crimes, no politician could survive it.

And yet here she is only steps away from the presidency. How is that possible if all this is true?

It's a smear campaign.
The Clintons are mastered the art of Fall Guys and Gal who will sit in prison for the Clintons. Historically the records show Susan McDougal sat imprison for not testifying. Lois Lerner refused to Testify n Congress with the IRS Targeting of Conservative Groups.

Clintons Private server (which is wrong in the first place) her Chief IT guy was granted Immunity, but refuse to answer and took the 5th. ( some lines of questing) We did find out there were no security on passwords and the handling of Secret Material was not handled correctly.

The DNC Leaks is a perfect example of touching, but not directly leaking Clinton to the real Issues. The DNC actually cheated a man who could been President. The DNC and Debbi Schultz, put the parties trust on the line. We will have to the long range damage. Wassermann Shultz has a long relationship with Clinton and now she works for Clinton?
So it touches the Clintons, but does imply they were directly involved. This would reflect Clinton has a very high Distrust level with the American People.

In the end it does, because it is her team
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections