Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 11:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
You almost got me to take the bait on this one.

If Trump were a Democrat, would you consider his complete lack of experience and plan of relying on everyone else to do his governing, would you seriously not have a problem with that? Because certainly, back in 2008, many thought Obama's lack of experience was a problem. Why have conservatives suddenly changed their mind on that? What could possibly be the reason. Certainly not partisan BS. We all know how intelligent and productive party politics has been, so it must be something else...

Facts are facts. Donald Trump knows nothing about the world around him. I don't give a **** if he relies on everyone else, which I know he'll do. Mike Pense and Trump's cabinet will do all of the work. And Trump, humble as ever, will take the credit. I'm so obviously aware that this was the case. You don't have to tell me that Trump will rely on the generals and the Secretary of Defense to make these decisions, like that's a good thing. And of course, they exist for a reason and I do think whomever the president is should look to them for advice and guidance. But the president should still know a little bit going in. Or acknowledge that he doesn't at the very least. Instead, Trump genuinely believes what he says (or maybe doesn't care but genuinely believes his voters will believe him).

I think a president should have many qualities, but among them is knowing what's going on and not making **** up when they don't. Do you genuinely disagree with that? And if so, did you defend Obama from the 'lack of experience' criticism he got. If not, I sort of feel obligated to say you are a raging hypocrite, trapped in the thoughtless vortex of partisan politics.
What has President Obama done, he has relied on Hillary she even said so!

One of her emails she said, Obama needed F'n balls......whatever that meant! So why question me when this administration has no balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 11:21 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Can't talk about the level of Trumps knowledge without having a reference point.

the reference point is obama and hillary...they are far more frightening tha trump as with all their knowledge and expertise they have turned the world into a ball of fire.

It's what you do with the experience and expertise that counts.

So what did a community organizer know about foreigh affairs? No problem electing him from the people who now pretend to be the republicans of 2008 and cry about a lack of experience. look in the mirror and you will see a big R on your forehead.
Firstly, I've never casted a vote for Obama. But I'm glad you recognize that the cries about inexperience are applied inconsistently. It's evidence that partisan politics makes people actually stupid. And I am very aware that I called a lot of people stupid by saying that, and I don't care.

But let's talk about a point of reference. Not long ago on this forum, there was a discussion about Hillary's emails after the FBI made it's decision public. It was basically saying that she broke the law, but why? Was she lying or did she really not know it was illegal. Basically, is she a liar or is she careless. Now, really, who cares. I don't want to vote for a liar or a careless person. But the thing is, those who loved bombarding Hillary with that question are often Trump voters and that question applies to him equally.

I'll use this example, since that's what the topic is about. Trump lied about Putin; it's a fact. He clealry had no idea what he was talking about but decided to give his opinion anyway. The question: did he know he was lying; was he careless or is he a liar. Frankly, I think he's careless, but in what way is a careless person qualified to be president? Regardless of Hillary, who I also think is unqualified, though for very different reasons, why should I or anyone even bother casting a vote for a careless person (or liar)? Why should this type of person even be on the ballot?

Old 07-31-2016, 11:23 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What has President Obama done, he has relied on Hillary she even said so!

One of her emails she said, Obama needed F'n balls......whatever that meant! So why question me when this administration has no balls.
Yeah, and you think Obama is a bad president. Now suddenly someone with the same lack of experience and plan of relying on others is a good option. How does that happen?

Old 07-31-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Yeah, and you think Obama is a bad president. Now suddenly someone with the same lack of experience and plan of relying on others is a good option. How does that happen?
President Obama gutted our military he fired many of the people who knew how to conduct war......how did that happen?

Trump plans on rehiring them.......is this a problem to hire generals, let them do the job they are trained for? The job of the President is to hire the best, the trained and brightest for the job, not focus on transgender bathrooms.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:34 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump's foreign policy is worse than garbage. He lacks knowledge, depth, and is intellectually lazy. All of his statements and policies are designed to be bumpersticker slogans that can fit in a Tweet. Equally disturbing are Trump supporters who shrug and say, "so what if we make friends with Russia?" That is very naive. Putin would exploit any friendship with us by rolling tanks into Warsaw.
The issue is whether Trump's hypothetical garbage foreign policy would be worse than Clinton's proven disastrous foreign policy. The U.S., among others, funded and aided the violent opposition to the Russian-oriented Ukraine president. That in turn led to the Russian occupation of Crimea. Actions have reactions, or is it only when the U.S. or NATO uses power is it A-Ok.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:42 AM

566 posts, read 504,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What Russia does it not our concern, isn't this what the left is always saying, "stay out of other countries business!"
Except %50 in Ukraine are either Russians or speak Russian. Ukraine is like Balkans, a mishmush of many languages and nationalities, combined into a single fake state at the ends of WWI and then WWII.

Does Russia invade France, England, Canada? No! Why does the US invade Baltics, Ukraine, Georgia, Poland? Oh, it's a global superpower so it has the moral authority to do so. Got it.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:47 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,904,471 times
Obamas poor foreign policies will be continued by Hillary. Trump however will be even worse. He really shows how little he is informed. Russia is not in Ukraine, what a joke. Even if one believes in a non interventionist foreign policy, one should know what is happening. On top of that Trump is not non interventionist, not even close. He's already talking about increasing our military presence in the ME. The more Trump talks, the more he sounds like George W Bush.

People have such short memories, Russia annexed Crimea, something as a nation we do not recognize as Russian sovereign territory. That is an invasion of Ukraine. Russia and its predecessors have a long history of invading and occupying neighboring countries.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:01 PM

25,970 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Well, unlike Trump, we should be able to predict Hillary's foreign policy based on those that ran money through her money laundering outfit, I mean, Clinton Foundation. It is very simple to see where our country is headed with Hillary, thus my continued support for Trump.

I truly didn't get the title of the thread "Trump says Russia is Not in Ukraine?!?" That seemed to indicate that OP thought the Russia was located in the Ukraine. If it troops, does anyone have any idea how many countries the US has a military present (nearly 150 countries per Wiki)? I just don't see why this matters when it comes to the election in the US, of course, the Dems have hit bottom and have nothing of substance.

Again, in order to defeat ISIS we will need to be on friendly terms with other countries. They have infected the world. As we know, the other candidate is owned by the Middle East which is very concerning as they shown a deep desire to have her elected through their continued financial support.

Arab nations

Old 07-31-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
Except %50 in Ukraine are either Russians or speak Russian. Ukraine is like Balkans, a mishmush of many languages and nationalities, combined into a single fake state at the ends of WWI and then WWII.

Does Russia invade France, England, Canada? No! Why does the US invade Baltics, Ukraine, Georgia, Poland? Oh, it's a global superpower so it has the moral authority to do so. Got it.
Funny, you would rant about something we both agree on! Got it!

Old 07-31-2016, 12:12 PM

16,760 posts, read 8,226,477 times
Nutty Don owned by the Russians. Its a problem and it will be in ad after ad on all those Nutty Don type shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections