Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 08:31 AM

11,787 posts, read 7,153,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Trump is absolutely correct, if they don't like what they are required to do to keep their job or get a promotion, find a new job.
One of these women complaining against Roger Aisles continued to work for him for 20 years and preformed every act he asked for. She and others were summoned and brought to his hotel in limousines, preformed for him and were returned home. They were well paid prostitutes who had other choices if they had chosen to do so. It didn't bother them until the story broke they they came foreword crying about it.
One said when she got older and lost some of her appeal, she recruited younger women for him. Wasn't that nice of her, to recruit other into the web of sin..
This isn't a case of Cosby drugging them, they were willing and eager to preform sex acts to get ahead. That makes them prostitutes. They could have quit and found a new place to work at any time, or if need be, a new profession where they wouldn't have to sacrifice their morals.
I don't excuse what Roger did, but they had a choice and chose to use their bodies to get ahead. I have no sympathy for them, and neither should anyone else...
Except that company policy and the law provide a remedy to those who are sexually harassed . . . . . why should the purported victims leave? The harasser should.

Do you not have any empathy? I mean, just look at Jabba the Hut, I mean, Roger Ailes. It's like Rosie O'Donnell trying to grope you.

Mick
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 08:34 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,127,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He also thinks it's "sad" that women would make these allegations. Not apparently that harassment occurs, but that women would dare to speak out about it.

Trump says he hopes Ivanka would quit if she got harassed: Kirsten Powers

How any woman could support this man is beyond me. I wonder if he thinks that he can harass a female head of state he doesn't agree with into quitting so he doesn't have to deal with her?
Your thread title is a misrepresentation of what he said.

Trump was speaking about a hypothetical situation about Ivanka, not all sexual assault victims.

That's the problem with all the attacks against Trump, they all begin with misrepresenting what he said, and then blowing it completely out of proportion.

Meanwhile, these people support a candidate that,

Committed espionage

Engaged in play for play

Rigged the primary, and stole the nomination

Old 08-02-2016, 08:48 AM

30,446 posts, read 23,903,334 times
I have put up with a lot of remarks at the workplace...I heard some of the worst talk ever while I was in the military, so what I hear at the work place pales in comparison. However, I did have one job where the harassment was over the top. I did not want to complain, but there comes a point when you have to say, "DAMNIT, enough already!"

So I did.

It was against my own boss.

First, I was promised that all of it would be confidential.

Except it wasn't.

Then I was told that I had nothing to worry about, I would come and go like anyone else from work.

Except that didn't happen. Instead what happened were meetings with HR AND MY BOSS, in person, having to detail "incidents". It was more humiliating than enduring his harassment in the first place.

Then I was promised that nothing would happen to me, I should report it, they were glad that I did come forward, it was not acceptable what my boss was doing, don't I worry.

Nothing did happen to me, but also, nothing happened to the boss. He didn't lose a damn thing, and I still had to see him every single day...as my boss...but what was added was a whole lot of tension that EVERYONE in the office felt.

Yeah, sometimes it is better to just go elsewhere, because what people think will happen and what actually happens are two different things. HQ was in California...since that state likes to be the first to do something and tell everyone else in the country how to act, you would have thought they'd have it down by then...but they failed.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:54 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,475,331 times
Well for one, sexual harassment can be anything that a woman "thinks" it means. Megyn Kelly said she didn't like the way he hugged her and called it sexual harassment. That term can be levied at someone for just about anything the female wishes just because she wanted to. Someone could just say that a woman looks nice and they could say it was sexual harassment if they don't like that person. What Trump said is correct.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:39 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,928,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
Straight from the mouth of a Trump supporter, folks.
It's good to hear that you appreciate hearing the truth for once and are now a Trump supporter.
I'd love to hear your take on the subject...

Old 08-02-2016, 01:57 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,717,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Trump is absolutely correct, if they don't like what they are required to do to keep their job or get a promotion, find a new job.
One of these women complaining against Roger Aisles continued to work for him for 20 years and preformed every act he asked for. She and others were summoned and brought to his hotel in limousines, preformed for him and were returned home. They were well paid prostitutes who had other choices if they had chosen to do so. It didn't bother them until the story broke they they came foreword crying about it.
One said when she got older and lost some of her appeal, she recruited younger women for him. Wasn't that nice of her, to recruit other into the web of sin..
This isn't a case of Cosby drugging them, they were willing and eager to preform sex acts to get ahead. That makes them prostitutes. They could have quit and found a new place to work at any time, or if need be, a new profession where they wouldn't have to sacrifice their morals.
I don't excuse what Roger did, but they had a choice and chose to use their bodies to get ahead. I have no sympathy for them, and neither should anyone else...
Here we go, blaming the victim again. That is how it works in a trumpist world.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:59 PM

No, Ivanka shouldn't quit. She should do whatever it takes to get ahead in her job or career, live with whatever behavior her boss wants from her. Get on her knees and beg for... whatever. That would be a fine sight, according to trump. Guess even his daughter doesn't really mean that much to him. He'll be the best president for women. And, she says he will do great things for women? Right, that'll happen.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:07 PM

So, since the overwhelming number or sexual harassment situations are instigated by men towards women, a lot of men in this forum are pretty safe from having to put out to get ahead in their jobs. No wonder they think that the victims of sexual harassment should just "do what they have to do".

Old 08-02-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Well for one, sexual harassment can be anything that a woman "thinks" it means. Megyn Kelly said she didn't like the way he hugged her and called it sexual harassment. That term can be levied at someone for just about anything the female wishes just because she wanted to. Someone could just say that a woman looks nice and they could say it was sexual harassment if they don't like that person. What Trump said is correct.

You are incorrect. There is a pretty clear definition of sexual harassment, and it doesn't say that it is "anything a a woman "thinks" it means." But, you probably already knew that.

Sexual Harassment

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that tends to create a hostile or offensive work environment.
Sexual harassment is a form of Sex Discrimination that occurs in the workplace. Persons who are the victims of sexual harassment may sue under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.A. § 2000e et seq.), which prohibits sex discrimination in the workplace.
The federal courts did not recognize sexual harassment as a form of sex discrimination until the 1970s, because the problem originally was perceived as isolated incidents of flirtation in the workplace. Employers are now aware that they can be sued by the victims of workplace sexual harassment. The accusations of sexual harassment made by anita f. hill against Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas during his 1991 confirmation hearings also raised societal consciousness about this issue.
Courts and employers generally use the definition of sexual harassment contained in the guidelines of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). This language has also formed the basis for most state laws prohibiting sexual harassment. The guidelines state:
Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when
  1. submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment,
  2. submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individuals, or
  3. such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment. (29 C.F.R. § 1604.11 [1980])
A key part of the definition is the use of the word unwelcome. Unwelcome or uninvited conduct or communication of a sexual nature is prohibited; welcome or invited actions or words are not unlawful. Sexual or romantic interaction between consenting people at work may be offensive to observers or may violate company policy, but it is not sexual harassment.
The courts have generally concluded that a victim need not say or do a particular thing to indicate unwelcomeness. Instead, a court will review all of the circumstances to determine whether it was reasonably clear to the harasser that the conduct was unwelcome. The courts have recognized that victims may be afraid to express their discomfort if the harasser is their boss or is physically intimidating. Victims may be coerced into going along with sexual talk or activities because they believe they will be punished or fired if they protest. Consent can be given to a relationship and then withdrawn when the relationship ends. Once it is withdrawn, continued romantic or sexual words or actions are not protected by the past relationship and may be sexual harassment.
The law prohibits unwelcome "sexual" conduct and words or actions "of a sexual nature." Some conduct, such as hugging, may be sexual or nonsexual and must be evaluated in context. Sexual harassment may be physical, such as kissing, hugging, pinching, patting, grabbing, blocking the victim's path, leering or staring, or standing very close to the victim. It may also be verbal, which may be oral or written and could include requests

Sexual harassment legal definition of sexual harassment

Old 08-02-2016, 02:17 PM

7,279 posts, read 10,992,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He also thinks it's "sad" that women would make these allegations. Not apparently that harassment occurs, but that women would dare to speak out about it.

Trump says he hopes Ivanka would quit if she got harassed: Kirsten Powers

How any woman could support this man is beyond me. I wonder if he thinks that he can harass a female head of state he doesn't agree with into quitting so he doesn't have to deal with her?
If there is a culture that allows sexual harassment, the woman should quit. It shows a damage for which she can seek punishment and damages against those doing it.

Why would any woman want to stay at a job where she was sexually harassed? If others know about it and tolerated it, you recommend the woman stay there to be further victimized? Get the hell out, sue the crap out of them but above all else, get away from them. DUH!

As for women supporting "this man", are those the women also supporting Hillarious and her female predator husband?

How any woman can believe anything Hillarious says when it comes to women's right is amazing.

Did he fight for Monica's rights? Oh wait, that was consensual because you know, the President of the USA is not in a position of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections