Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 02:43 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
If there is a culture that allows sexual harassment, the woman should quit. It shows a damage for which she can seek punishment and damages against those doing it.

Why would any woman want to stay at a job where she was sexually harassed? If others know about it and tolerated it, you recommend the woman stay there to be further victimized? Get the hell out, sue the crap out of them but above all else, get away from them. DUH!
What if she loves the company, loves the job, maybe has a pension built up and doesn't want to lose the pension. The job is perfect for her career and it's the only place where she lives that she qualifies to work and earn a good living. In other words, she can't quit because there are no other jobs in the area where she could work. And she doesn't want to move due to family obligations.

Why should she have to quit? This makes no sense. How about making the harrasser stop it or firing the harrasser rather than making the victim quit. Surely lots of victims do quit because that's their safe way of escape. Then you wonder why women make less than men. I wonder how many women resigned and had to restart their career at a lesser job because they were so desperate to get out of the harrassment situation. Or worse, the harrasser was upset that she quit so he gave her a bad job reference. Said she wasn't a good employee. Which in his eyes, she wasn't a good employee because she didn't give in to his advances.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 02:51 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
God, I love Trump. Here he goes once again opening his big fat mouth and exposing the GOP for the putrid pile of sexist, misogynistic, racist, white-supremacist bigots that it's been for quite some time now - and then his drooling followers simply prove the point by defending what he says. Unbelievable, but wonderful for Democrats and other decent-minded folks out there. Trump is literally handing the election to Clinton right before our eyes. Talk about major self-destruction.
LOL

Ken
Birds of a feather: Trump, the GOP and diehard supporters.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You SHOULD report it - and fight it. What SHOULDN'T be the case is the situation outlined by swear2cod. Folks like Trump and his supporters here keep that situation in place because they like having women be subservient to men. In the final they are not that different from the Taliban.

Ken
Blame it on the woman. That's what Hillary did. Democrats have short memories.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:51 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
If there is a culture that allows sexual harassment, the woman should quit. It shows a damage for which she can seek punishment and damages against those doing it.

Why would any woman want to stay at a job where she was sexually harassed? If others know about it and tolerated it, you recommend the woman stay there to be further victimized? Get the hell out, sue the crap out of them but above all else, get away from them. DUH!

As for women supporting "this man", are those the women also supporting Hillarious and her female predator husband?

How any woman can believe anything Hillarious says when it comes to women's right is amazing.

Did he fight for Monica's rights? Oh wait, that was consensual because you know, the President of the USA is not in a position of power.
If there is a culture that allows sexual harassment and it affects the terms and conditions of employment, the victim, male or female, should pursue remedies provided by Title VII. No one has to tolerate sexual harassment in the workplace. That's been the law for more than 50 years.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:06 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
I was sexually harassed at a job several years. My parents begged me to quit but I didn't. In retrospect I wish I would have because once I reported him he acted fine for 6 months then secretly plotted to get me fired. Eventually he succeeded. However it was a blessing because my new job is amazing!

Old 08-02-2016, 11:02 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Trump is absolutely correct, if they don't like what they are required to do to keep their job or get a promotion, find a new job.
One of these women complaining against Roger Aisles continued to work for him for 20 years and preformed every act he asked for. She and others were summoned and brought to his hotel in limousines, preformed for him and were returned home. They were well paid prostitutes who had other choices if they had chosen to do so. It didn't bother them until the story broke they they came foreword crying about it.
One said when she got older and lost some of her appeal, she recruited younger women for him. Wasn't that nice of her, to recruit other into the web of sin..
This isn't a case of Cosby drugging them, they were willing and eager to preform sex acts to get ahead. That makes them prostitutes. They could have quit and found a new place to work at any time, or if need be, a new profession where they wouldn't have to sacrifice their morals.
I don't excuse what Roger did, but they had a choice and chose to use their bodies to get ahead. I have no sympathy for them, and neither should anyone else...

You really are a grumpy old man who thinks women are still inferior and men are superior. All the women's fault, right? I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for you or laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections