Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 11:34 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,801,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sweet Jesus.

House Republicans cut millions from embassy security. They were warned the chickens would come home to roost and they did.

Blaming Hillary Clinton for this is nonsense. She was not the root cause for inadequate embassy security staff.

10 Congressional committee hearings and 7 million dollars and Republicans still could not pin this on her.

Parading around bereaved family members does not change the facts.
That is no excuse. The Secretary of State is responsible for their security.
http://www.state.gov/m/ds/about/overview/c9004.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That article doesn't say Anything that the poster accused Obama of. Just FYI. Nothing even close.

Per the poster: I remember Obama suggesting that soldiers who were injured in the war should provide their own medical if they are such loyal Americans.
If you are retired (this can also be medically which is prior to the 20 year mark of service), they have to pay copays on both Standard and Prime. If they chose to be enrolled in prime they pay just under $500 a year to pay less out of pocket.
Eligibility - Retired Service Members and Families | TRICARE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 11:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
No, not in terms of American lives. NOT exactly like Bush did.
Wasted lives is wasted lives. I have no intention in argueing which will get the hottest place in hell.

Quote:
The word is - if we leave Afghanistan (or try to again) that another radical group will just pop up and try to kill us.
So we make it the 51st state? They can't kill us if we aren't there.

Bombing hospitals are going to make them hate us more than leaving.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:39 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,801,976 times
Quote:
You know, half the country thinks we should be doing so much MORE with regard to ISIS and boots on the ground.
There are boots on the ground.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:43 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sure there is. Trump's stated goal to ban all Muslims from entering the country would have meant that their son would not have been here, would not have enlisted in the armed forces, and all of those soldiers whose lives he saved could very well be dead now.

Their son personifies exactly what Trump's policies would look like in reality. I'd call that a very strong connection.
Except that ISN'T his plan. He has said repeatedly now he means Muslims from specific regions involved with terrorism... NOT all Muslims. Context... you should try it.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:03 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
He did not use those words. By the way, it really annoys me when people use rep points to further their argument. Just post it for all to see.

A tremendously different tone. Yes, the idea was 'floated' but not because of some disdain for solders as the posters so-called quote indicates.
How long did you serve? It was done exactly like the poster indicates. Maybe you looked on some of those supposed websites that tell the truth but don't. I have knowledge of this and am part of the reason he backed down. We threw everything we had at him and called every congressman in the USA. Shame on you for helping dishonor vets. He did it and was serious and owns it. Fact and I know it is a fact.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Except that ISN'T his plan. He has said repeatedly now he means Muslims from specific regions involved with terrorism... NOT all Muslims. Context... you should try it.
Oh, I'm well aware that he continually changes his position, depending on the day of the week and the stages of the moon. The quote I posted were his own words, without qualification, before he got reamed for them and then tried to walk them back by pretending he never said that, he was misquoted, that's not what he meant...and oh, look at that shiny object over there!!

Apparently, you got distracted by the shiny object. Many of us didn't.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
We weren't distracted either. We have the vets and the spouses who usually meet separately. It happened the day of our monthly meeting. The auxiliary was invited to join the vets for some important business. The statement Obama made was that day just before our regular meeting. I can't remember whether it came from an e-mail or a telephone call but it wasn't old news and it came from the top to the alert of everybody.

This is one of the reasons I never go to those websites who are supposed to be fact checkers. When you see one thing and know it is on the website wrong, then other things probably are too. I just googled this and found some of the most ridiculous posts on the fact checker websites. I heard it on the news later in the week and it was true too. Now those websites have spun it every way but correct.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:48 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,842,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
In politics, there has been an unspoken rule that no one should use the death of a soldier in battle to make political capital, at least not on an individual basis. I agree with that rule; regardless of his or her religious faith, no one should use the death of a soldier to gain political advantage.

But because Hillary and Mr. Khan have set this rule aside, I feel free to make this post.

First of all, I'm not writing in order to find fault with Captain Khan's personal sacrifice, not at all, not in the least. What he did was certainly worthy of the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

In my above sentence, I put Hillary's name first because I think that her campaign team went out to find the families of Muslim soldiers, and write a speech for someone to give.

In the speech, Captain Khan's heroism was used to construct a barrier behind which to take cover. If Mr. Trump responded to any personal attacks made in the speech, Hillary or whoever could hide behind the misdirected anger that came forth. That's why the speech was structured the way it was.

Nobody is questioning that soldier.

Kahn, however, embraced by the liberal news media and getting more air time than a 747, has used his son's death in order to attack Trump's proposed immigration policy--which conflicts with what he's been pushing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections