Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:46 AM

13,733 posts, read 9,080,250 times

Advertisements

I have no doubt that Mr. Trump still draws very well to his rallies. Yet, how many are going simply to see if he says something that will be on the news that night?

As I have stated before, if someone came to my office and said "Legalsea, down the hallway Ben brought his dancing bear. The bear dances on his hind legs, and sports a "Minnie Pearl" type hat, complete with flower and price tag. Would you care to see it?"

I would say "Yes, I would like to see the dancing bear".

But I would not vote for said bear in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 AM

4,119 posts, read 6,641,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think Clinton's ground game will matter as much as Cruz's ground game in the primaries.

I think her money will matter as much as the Bush megabucks in the primaries.

I think the Obama demographics she's counting on may prefer her over Trump but they aren't enthusiastic enough about her to show up to vote.

I think it's almost impossible not to expect another atrocious external event to happen that will be harder for Clinton to wallpaper over than Trump.

I do, however, see the debate schedule as rigged in Clinton's favor. Monday Night football only matters if your voters are largely men. You don't need a schedule to know there is football on Monday night.
Ground game is the #1 resource in an election. Bush won 2 terms due to his ground game. Obama took note and improved on it.

Money matters, don't lie to yourself.

In an off year election Democrats still prevailed in almost every state wide office, so the enthusiasm point is taken note of and kicked to the curb. A lot more people vote in presidential elections than off year elections. If the democrats can win in an off year election, then the enthusiasm is there.

Debate schedule, please....

External events, yea Trump going nuclear on a dead army captains veterans.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,600,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I shall be sure to watch the news tonight. No doubt, either today or later during his swing in Pennsylvania, Donald John Trump will tell his audience of his love for the late Joe Paterno, and of Old Joe's wonderful coaching staff.

How the Trumpets will cheer!

Old 08-02-2016, 09:56 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have no doubt that Mr. Trump still draws very well to his rallies. Yet, how many are going simply to see if he says something that will be on the news that night?

As I have stated before, if someone came to my office and said "Legalsea, down the hallway Ben brought his dancing bear. The bear dances on his hind legs, and sports a "Minnie Pearl" type hat, complete with flower and price tag. Would you care to see it?"

I would say "Yes, I would like to see the dancing bear".

But I would not vote for said bear in November.
When crooked Hillary gets the roll of Godfather in the remake of same you find that is something to vote for but you don't want to see it. Maybe closing your eyes and voting will catch on.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:00 AM

1,268 posts, read 803,387 times
We all know president is selected by rally attendance. It's in the Republican version of the Constitution. You will find the passage just beneath the article about which religions are okay to ban and deny rights to gays.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:01 AM

I forgot, Mr. Trump has already spoke of Joe Paterno, in April 2016, asking how Mr. Paterno was doing.

Donald Trump apparently forgets Joe Paterno died, asks Pittsburgh crowd how he

I would hope that Mr. Trump, now aware that Mr. Paterno is dead (and probably not doing as well as he would desire), will forebear from bringing him up.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When crooked Hillary gets the roll of Godfather in the remake of same you find that is something to vote for but you don't want to see it. Maybe closing your eyes and voting will catch on.
I prefer Parker House rolls, but that seems irrelevant to this discussion. You do write good!

Old 08-02-2016, 10:29 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,408,737 times
I didn't listen to her speech. As I told my husband, "All she does is lie, so why waste my time?" I think people are really disgusted with her at this point. Wait, I did hear a clip and she was shouting at the audience. Has anyone heard a reason why she shouts at them like that? Maybe add hard-of-hearing to her list of medical issues?

A lot of people have noticed the shouting and maybe that is offensive?

http://time.com/4260665/hillary-clinton-shouting/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...317-story.html

If I were trying to be more "likable" (like that would happen for Hillary), I wouldn't be shouting like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections