Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 04:01 PM

25,779 posts, read 17,544,373 times

Advertisements

This is just the dangest presidential election I have ever envisioned.

Man, there is NO ONE to vote for, but I feel like I GOTTA vote!
Has the world gone just plumb crazy?

Today, I found that Bill Clinton, who left office in 2000, didn't make $500K per speech until 2009, when Hillary became Secretary of State. After that, it was a steady $500K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 04:43 PM

17,600 posts, read 9,383,017 times
Funny Stuff! We also have a thread up by the Leftists - Heads Roll at Trump Campaign The OP asks -Are the wheels coming off the Trump train? (turns out 2 recently hired GOP aids that worked for Carson have been replaced)

And then a week long purge - The Chairman of the DNC, the Communications Director, the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Financial Officer -- all "poof". Makes you wonder ...... Are the wheels coming off the Democratic National Committee? NOPE - they are doing damage control because they got caught with their rigged system to keep Bernie out of the running and with their candid remarks about women, gays, minorities.
Disgusting people.

You can't help but laugh at the Leftists and their puppy dog media.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,743,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
God, I wish Obama was allowed to run a 3rd time.

Don
You would be in a very small minority.

You started a thread awhile back on how you regretted voting for him. You called it something like "I May have been wrong him", and you didn't like what he was doing with the country.

Let's see if he even leaves office. An "event" whether real or staged such as civil unrest, terror attack, etc. gives him the power to suspend/cancel the election.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:13 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,953,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You would be in a very small minority.

You started a thread awhile back on how you regretted voting for him. You called it something like "I May have been wrong him", and you didn't like what he was doing with the country.

Let's see if he even leaves office. An "event" whether real or staged such as civil unrest, terror attack, etc. gives him the power to suspend/cancel the election.
You are right, I did have my moment of doubt, especially regarding his strength in handling ISIS a while back. But that moment of weakness on my part has been far overshadowed by the overall terrific job he has done in every other area. Like everyone else, when I get frustrated, I sometimes lash out and say things I really did not think through.

As for being in the "minority" I don't think so. His approval rating is about 54-55 %, EXTREMELY HIGH for an outgoing President. You can say what you want about Obama, but he has class, is intelligent, has devoted his life to public service (when he could have made a lot more money more easily by being an Attorney or similar) and he is well respected by leaders of many other countries. Plus, the country is in much better condition today because of him.

If (by some freakish twist of fate) Trump gets in there, let's see if his approval ratings are as high after his term in office. The term "early impeachment" comes to mind here.

Don

Old 08-02-2016, 05:14 PM

27,811 posts, read 16,324,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No fear, it will be history by dinner time
Dinner time.. Already off msn homepage lead..Trump negatives dominate

Old 08-02-2016, 05:15 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,923,923 times
It is great to learn how many people in this country support lying including some so called republicans who now support Pinocchio!

The true characters are shown!

Old 08-02-2016, 05:23 PM

26,216 posts, read 22,387,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
News from The Associated Press

Yet liberals will still vote for her. This was an attempt to CHEAT Bernie the commie out of the election. How ethical is this?
So, 3 more took a bullet for Hillary? No surprises there, they should just be glad with the Clintons history that it was a metaphorical bullet.

I can assure anyone that if they are expecting anything but cheating by Hillary's campaign and the DNC, they will be VERY disappointed.

Now, I liked Bernie. He was my backup if Trump was cheated out of the Republican nomination. I still think he bowed out due to unreasonable pressure, again anyone knowing the Clinton history knows you do not want to be in their way.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:29 PM

7,729 posts, read 8,819,117 times
Have to at least commend those resigned staffs for having some sense of honor/shame. There is one person who would under no circumstanances ever resign from any position out of shame, you all know who it is--who has no sense of shame.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:19 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,953,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Have to at least commend those resigned staffs for having some sense of honor/shame. There is one person who would under no circumstanances ever resign from any position out of shame, you all know who it is--who has no sense of shame.
I could not agree with you more...........Trump has zero shame. Thanks for pointing that out.

Don

Old 08-02-2016, 07:23 PM

27,811 posts, read 16,324,812 times
Does anybody believe this would NOT be msm lead story for the next week+ had it been the rnc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections