Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:08 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times

Advertisements

He just said that on 60 minutes, word for word when speaking of the SEC guy. He said, I know the president can't fire him but "When I'm president if I want somebody to resign, they resign."

I don't care if he's Ronnie or FDR, saying that bugs, hard. We just came out of that idea from Bush and the nasty tactics he's used.

No president or want to be pres should say that, ever. They broader implications of it are huge, far reaching and a little scary. Independents he wants gone will be gone? Geez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 06:39 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
McCain lives in fantasyland

Old 09-21-2008, 06:52 PM

142 posts, read 406,647 times
Well thats the republican right to work ideas....ive said it before right to work states=modern day slavery! Low wages, pay out of your ass for healthcare, and no working rights.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:02 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
Lets fire everyone istead of sitting down and planning a stratagy of how to get this economy on track...I am really sure this entire meltdown was one man's fault... He is insane...

Old 09-21-2008, 07:04 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
McCain lives in fantasyland
True. That wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't trying to drag everyone in it alongside him.

Quote:
Well thats the republican right to work ideas....ive said it before right to work states=modern day slavery! Low wages, pay out of your ass for healthcare, and no working rights.
They didn't used to think that way...not from my standpoint anyway. Maybe some did and I missed it. Who knows? What I do know is that anyone in power saying that makes me twitch and automatically think 'and this begins the garden path to abuse of power.' I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't happen and that others haven't done it; its the saying it straight out that I find breath stopping.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
He just said that on 60 minutes, word for word when speaking of the SEC guy. He said, I know the president can't fire him but "When I'm president if I want somebody to resign, they resign."

I don't care if he's Ronnie or FDR, saying that bugs, hard. We just came out of that idea from Bush and the nasty tactics he's used.

No president or want to be pres should say that, ever. They broader implications of it are huge, far reaching and a little scary. Independents he wants gone will be gone? Geez.
Will he force members of Congress to resign? Is he learning management strategies from Gov Palin? I guess this is a good thing because then we can force the liberal Supreme Court Justices to resign so we can have a full court to uphold the constitution

Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
No, really. He just wants to fire the lawyers in the justice department on his first day. Precedent, and all that.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
This reminds me of when the Iraq Prime Minister said that he wanted our troops to leave. When McCain was interviewed about this he said "When I win he won't say that" when the reporter pressed him and asked; "but what if he does." McCain's reply? "I just told you. Believe me, he won't say that." It made my blood run cold.

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
No, really. He just wants to fire the lawyers in the justice department on his first day. Precedent, and all that.
That is the first step to the necessary change we need in how the Justice Department stands up for the wrong people and the wrong side of issues all to often.

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post

yes, he seems to be a nasty piece of work. America is already flailing under such rule, we need change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections