Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 10:10 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,173,406 times

Advertisements

"I just want to tell you the campaign is doing really well. It's never been so well united," Trump said. "We started on June 16. I would say right now it's the best in terms of being united that it's been since we began. We're doing incredibly well."

This quote from his latest rally is amazing...

I find it incredible that Trump actually thinks people believe him when he says things like that quoted above.

Best I can figure it, he knows that the people in his audience - those right in front of him will probably cheer when he says such things, and that cheering is far more desirable to him than whatever are the consequences of continuing to lie.

The other possibility is that he really believes it when he says such things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 10:36 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Trump can't tell the difference between truth, lies, and marketing puffery (his Trump University defense). He claims he had "the biggest [convention] bounce that anyone can remember", that he saw Muslims dancing for joy on 9/11, and he has seen a secret video of Iranian cash transfered off airplanes.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:39 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,063,177 times
Are you claiming Hillary tells the truth???

Old 08-04-2016, 10:41 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,827,543 times
Oh let's not forget the NFL one. They sent him a letter saying how they were unhappy about the scheduling of the debates.

First of all, what a stupid lie. Why would the NFL mail HIM a letter? Wouldn't they send it to the group that schedules the debates? Also, why would the NFL spend their time fighting that?

It's just so dumb, lying about this stupidest things....

Old 08-04-2016, 10:42 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,827,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I don't think anyone is claiming Hilary is honest, but at least when she lies she is more intelligent about and picks and chooses her battles. Trump is just as much of a liar, if not more, and lies about the stupidest things.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:46 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I don't think anyone is claiming Hilary is honest, but at least when she lies she is more intelligent about and picks and chooses her battles. Trump is just as much of a liar, if not more, and lies about the stupidest things.
I would rather someone lie about stupid insignificant things rather than lie about things related to national security... but who am I. Just a stupid person who would never vote for HRC.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:52 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Of course Hillary tells the truth! Like a normal person, Hillary tells truth and she tells lies. Most people does that.

But you can tell the difference between a normal person and a chronic lair can you? Someone who is incapable of telling the truth, someone who lies just out of habit? Trump will look you straight in the face while standing in the rain that it isn't raining.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:53 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Oh c'mon.

Both Donald and Hillary are politicians in a deeply divided hyper-partisan country ... both will say truthful things, half-truths, and outright lies.

I cannot support Trump because being a dishonest politician and businessman he is a buffoon and a clown. I would rather have an ambitious conniving politician for a president than a crude clownish embarrassing joker and demagogue for a president. Leaders of major countries around the world are denouncing the baboon-like Trump.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:54 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
"I just want to tell you the campaign is doing really well. It's never been so well united," Trump said. "We started on June 16. I would say right now it's the best in terms of being united that it's been since we began. We're doing incredibly well."

This quote from his latest rally is amazing...
He had 15,000 people show up at his rally. He is doing incredibly well.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
He's always lied and everyone knows it. His followers choose to ignore it that's all, and it is usually about things easy to check.

He lied about his Apprentice ratings. He lied about having secret information on Obama's birth certificate. He lied about being John Miller. He lied about his book sales.

The sheer volume of his lies is incredible.

Why Donald Trump's brazen lies overwhelm the press

Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies | Daily Wire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections