Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 03:29 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,720,424 times

Advertisements

Before all is said and done I expect to see Trump carted off in a straight jacket.
My guess he goes to Happy Valley before the end of the month.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,646,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Trump is a master at manipulating his haters, the Khan situation just proves how smart he is, he gets everyone's dander up, look at it this way, lets say the election race is the NYC Marathon, well, halfway thru the race, you don't run as fast as you can, you gotta 'pace yourself' and everyone now, idiots like "morning joe' and the like are unloading every barrel they have all at once, they're throwing EVERYTHING at Trump with over 90 days left before the vote, they're all in and all out, full bore, whipping and driving like a jockey on racehorse with 70 yards left in the race, do you feel its smart to not save one barrel for later? Every barrel is gone, pfffft, unloaded onto Trump in the last week, at some point, there's going to not only be no barrels left for anyone to unload, but all at once it seems like they're ganging up on him unfairly, so a lot of this stuff is backfiring and a lot of the stuff is getting lost in the shuffle. Cowards like "morning idiot" feel that they have 'safety in numbers' and right during the Khan situation, this guy is unloading like you never seen before, a guy like this won't ever unload when he's the only one in the media doing it, he takes the cowards route and does it while piling on, i guess he feels like a safe guy doing it when everyone else is unloading.

Keep unloading folks, don't save anything for the stretch run, keep firing tracers at orange crush, i'm pretty sure he prefers you 'get it all out of your systems' today and don't save anything for tomorrow.
Dude. You are giving Trump far too much credit. He just is not that smart.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-06-2016 at 10:06 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 04:11 PM

6,626 posts, read 5,045,377 times
Do you start running backwards at some point. That's an interesting strategy

Old 08-04-2016, 05:33 PM

3,571 posts, read 4,433,269 times
Trump is no genius. But, neither is he a fool, an idiot, nor crazy. Trump is calculating.

Whatever his intentions - be it destroying the GOP, ensuring his endorsers bare his stamp and brand for life, etc. - he knows exactly what he's doing.

He's gonna make sure he doesn't come out a loser, even if he loses to Hillary.

In one way or another, Trump is gonna come out on top no matter the ravages left in the wake of his unbridled path.

And even though this all seems like a very bad dream, this is the stuff of history.

Movies will be filmed. Books will be written. And we - especially Trump himself - will talk about this for generations.

Your thoughts?

Old 08-04-2016, 05:34 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,646 times
Quote:
Trump is a master at manipulating his haters, the Khan situation just proves how smart he is, he gets everyone's dander up, look at it this way, lets say the election race is the NYC Marathon, well, halfway thru the race, you don't run as fast as you can, you gotta 'pace yourself' and everyone now, idiots like "morning joe' and the like are unloading every barrel they have all at once, they're throwing EVERYTHING at Trump with over 90 days left before the vote, they're all in and all out, full bore, whipping and driving like a jockey on racehorse with 70 yards left in the race, do you feel its smart to not save one barrel for later? Every barrel is gone, pfffft, unloaded onto Trump in the last week, at some point, there's going to not only be no barrels left for anyone to unload, but all at once it seems like they're ganging up on him unfairly, so a lot of this stuff is backfiring and a lot of the stuff is getting lost in the shuffle. Cowards like "morning idiot" feel that they have 'safety in numbers' and right during the Khan situation, this guy is unloading like you never seen before, a guy like this won't ever unload when he's the only one in the media doing it, he takes the cowards route and does it while piling on, i guess he feels like a safe guy doing it when everyone else is unloading.

Keep unloading folks, don't save anything for the stretch run, keep firing tracers at orange crush, i'm pretty sure he prefers you 'get it all out of your systems' today and don't save anything for tomorrow.
WOW.
The man really has you whipped and eating out of the palm of his hand. He could tell you the sky is purple and you'd be on here ferociously echoing his sentiment and agreeing.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:41 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,219,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Today's news:

"U.S. national security officials are literally laughing at Donald Trump’s claim that he watched a “top secret” Iranian military-produced video showing its government scurrying to grab pallets filled with hundreds of millions of dollars."

U.S. Officials Literally Laughing at Donald Trump

Fortunately, i it was not from an actual national security briefing but a Fox news B roll. Also, it never actually happened.

Nonetheless, it wasn't "exactly a reassuring answer for members of the U.S. national security community who are already nervous that Trump could say or tweet classified information. Rather it confirmed their already existing fears that sensitive information could be mistreated—and now made up all together."

This might be today's , however the day is not over yet.
It's interesting how Clinton has decided to make up her own stories.

I really don't blame her. Nobody holds Trump to anything, why should she be held to a different standard?

Old 08-04-2016, 08:54 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,124,058 times
Quote:

Um...no. Trump just has no censor, which was fine during the drive to win the nomination, but we're in the playoffs now and the whole game has changed. His lack of impulse control is killing his chances.

Off-topic, but the Habs aren't winning anything, and the Caps are the biggest chokers in the NHL followed by the Sharks.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:59 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,729,418 times
Quote:

Shhhh! Don't alert the enemy.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:02 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,745,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Shhhh! Don't alert the enemy.
i know, i couldn't help myself, you're right, i don't want to give them any great ideas, i'll let them implode from now on.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:54 PM

47,104 posts, read 26,232,889 times
Quote:
Your metaphor is broken - going with the firearm simile, it is Trump himself who is providing the ammunition with his boneheaded behavior. Not using that against him would simply be wasteful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections