Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 01:43 PM

13,512 posts, read 17,047,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm ready for someone, that will tell an idiot to F-off, instead of sugarcoating it.

That's a great way to deal with foreign leaders.

The problem with right wing tough guys is that they haven't progressed mentally past the school yard, and they think that their mentality is "common sense" or "telling it like it is", as opposed to what it actually is, which is behaving like a disrespectful insolent adolescent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 01:44 PM

45,602 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Hey, Trump farted in a wrong direction!
Look, Trump picked his nose!
Haha, Trump tripped on stairs!
Meanwhile Hillary has seizures and reactions like this - and there's nothing from the media.

We just have to realize the media will not tell the truth, quit whining about it, and move forward.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:58 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default Reality? this is Reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yes, the communication skills of those 2 amount to insulting anyone who criticizes them like they are in middle school, and endless self promotion, just like Trump.

You really have to live in an alternate reality to think this comparison is somehow valid.
No I live in the here and now and I have witness 30 years of corruption from the Clintons who think they are above the law. 8 years of Obama and Clinton polices we are 1 % Growth that is not exactly a bell ringer.

• Average income for the middle class is down 5K
  • Black unemployment is up and out of control.
  • More Americans on Food stamps and unemployment which came out @ 9.7%, Not a bell ringer.
  • Clinton proposes to raise taxes for more failed Gov. Stimulus. (275) million. You would think we learned from the other 800 million we wasted during Obama.
  • I see American in decline if Clinton is elected.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:11 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
He's basically plastered all over the media, being attacked every day for stupid things he said or other trivial matters.

And the REAL news continues to get pushed into the background.

The biased MSM is so disgusting.
I'm curious. What "real" news are you unable to find easily in newspapers or online?

When I read the electronic version of my daily newspaper for example, I skim headlines of articles (or skip sections such as sports entirely) and only read articles I want to read. Everything else is "background." I define "background".

On Twitter I have created separate streams on specific topics that interest me e.g. technology news, local news

On City Data I subscribe to certain forums and when a thread interests me, I subscribe to it specifically. The first place I come to on C-D when I visit is my list of subscribed threads with unread posts.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:17 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,167,739 times
Quote:
Kind of reminds you of the middle ages and when the so called physicians would check over the king's stool for color and consistence and smell! Our media and our government are afraid. Never before, in recent times, have we had any sitting President go after the challenger to his replacement with such vigor. Any thinking person would ask 'why'. Why should any President care about his replacement; other than he/she is more worried about their freedom than their legacy!

My jury is out on what I personally think that our media is trying to accomplish. Yes; they could just be sex slaves for power and government. But they could also have the hidden agenda of dumbing down America - of course they do not have to try too hard. I do think that far fewer Americans trust the news for news today. If that is the case; there could be a day (if it has not happened already) where we simply do not believe anything we hear.

One last point on the current race for the WH: Hillary and her supporters are spending big bucks to get elected. Trump has been very frugal so far. This campaign is like a war; it is very possible that Trump is going to saturate the media (if they will take his money) closer to the election day. The early bird does not always catch the worm.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:25 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, the things trump does and says that are reported by the media are quite a bit more important than this list of yours.

ps: there IS no right direction in which to fart!

Old 08-05-2016, 02:41 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Psychological warfare in play... in other words depress and deter as many as possible from voting for Trump.

You had to know this was coming.

With as much baggage that Obama/Clinton has, the media has to do this.

And Trump is helping provide them with plenty of ammo.

Yeah, Trump has given them plenty of ammo ever since he put his hat and small hands in the ring. The media constantly gave him airtime and now that he's lying and saying stupid things, now you want to blame the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Since you going there your Candidate is a Criminal! Be care what stones one throws!
You call Hillary Clinton whatever you want and I'll call the Orange lying candidate anything I want.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:56 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,584,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Unfortunately, the things trump does and says that are reported by the media are quite a bit more important than this list of yours.
Such as?

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 08-05-2016 at 03:35 PM..

Old 08-05-2016, 02:57 PM

13,512 posts, read 17,047,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
No I live in the here and now and I have witness 30 years of corruption from the Clintons who think they are above the law. 8 years of Obama and Clinton polices we are 1 % Growth that is not exactly a bell ringer.

• Average income for the middle class is down 5K
  • Black unemployment is up and out of control.
  • More Americans on Food stamps and unemployment which came out @ 9.7%, Not a bell ringer.
  • Clinton proposes to raise taxes for more failed Gov. Stimulus. (275) million. You would think we learned from the other 800 million we wasted during Obama.
  • I see American in decline if Clinton is elected.
I see a much bigger disaster under Trump as does anyone not blinded by partisan hatred of the Clintons brought on my decades of listening to Rush Limbaugh for entertainment.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:10 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,641 times
To all you Liar, Liar Pantsuits on fire supporters. Get a clue. The democrat party is the party of slavery and mafia style corruption. Trump is our only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections