Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:18 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,651,697 times

Advertisements

I don't think the story is damaging IMO. I wasn't voting for the filthy liar anyway my friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,547,910 times
I actually have more trobule with this (and I hope this gets hammered more by whomever to keep McCain from winning): That he married his current wife only one month after he divorced his 1st wife.
If someone comes up with something that says that he was separted from his 1st wife for at least a few months before this, than that is one thing. However, if he did what it looks like he did (cheated on his 1st, divorced when caught and married his mistress right away), well........
at least Clintons toughed it out and stayed together.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,955,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
as a Liberal this story is between McCain & his wife not us. The KEATING 5 story is more damaging to him than this.

The news networks that I’ve been listening to are very careful when talking about the story with McCain and the lobbyist (they don’t say he’s having an affair) they are talking about the possible improprieties of the two being together. I don’t care who a 70 year old man is playing around with, he may not be able to do much anyway.

However the ethics committee needs to look at the issues with the Keating 5 and McCain’s statements from back in that time period. He’s back on thin ice with this issue and continues to be less then he professes. The Keating 5 issue was a big story years ago and criminals like Keating spent time in prison for wrong dealings. The saving and loan companies of the southwest were harmed, people lost their savings after things fell apart. It seems that (if my memory is correct) Neil Bush had some problems that also were tied into these crimes. Something with land development fraud in Colorado, he left the state and faded away out of the news at the time. Neil or Jeb Bush ~ can’t remember which one it was back in the 80’s.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:59 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,819,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
However, if he did what it looks like he did (cheated on his 1st, divorced when caught and married his mistress right away), well........
I think that has been established and admitted by McCain.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,062,750 times
Looks to me like the new york times has a bigger problem than Mccain on this one. If they don't come up with some better proof than the current story;heads might roll this time.As for the keating 5 that came to nothing when the justice dept and senate investigated.Keating is as deader than whitewater and bill clintons grandjury testimony now.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,547,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I think that has been established and admitted by McCain.
Wow, and a lot of the moral, socially conservatve republicans (even though I know he's making folks like Limbuagh sick) will vote for him, just because he is a republican.
Crissakes, they proably would vote against Jimmy Carter (if he ran, still had the same morality and was 30 years younger), just because he is a democrat.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:08 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,555,631 times
During a joint press conference with University of Texas coach Mack Brown and Barack Obama, the question about McCain and the lobbyist hotty was brought up by a reporter. Coach Brown ripped the reporter a new one, saying that it was in poor taste and low class.

Barack Obama, when asked about it, smiled and said "guess the coach told him". He also said "shame on you" or words to that affect. This entire account was provided by Newt Gingrich on the Sean Hannity radio show.

Even the "righties" are giving Obama his props.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,263,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
New York Times article

How problematic could this story be in terms of McCain's campaign?
According to history, the Democrats should love this, giving McCain the election. After all, its just about sex!!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:44 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,819,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
According to history, the Democrats should love this, giving McCain the election. After all, its just about sex!!
Was Clinton ever accused of trying to run favorable legislation through Congress to help Monica?

I could care less if McCain was banging his own sister - as long as he doesn't try to get her favors from Congress (and therefore the rest of us).

Old 02-22-2008, 07:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,263,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Was Clinton ever accused of trying to run favorable legislation through Congress to help Monica?

I could care less if McCain was banging his own sister - as long as he doesn't try to get her favors from Congress (and therefore the rest of us).
As for Clinton trying to run favors to help Monica, no.. but the Chinese (among others), in exchange for tens of millions in campaign contributions and his library fund.

You must not recall them running the White House as a hotel, renting out the Lincoln bedroom.

Please tell me your in your 20's, or even your teens and you were not around for the Clintons. I'd hate to see anyone that lived through those years forget this much.

BTW, Clintons polls got higher then ever when people found out he was getting bj's... The left made it about about sex, and people loved hearing all about it. The more the right talked about lying to a grand jury, the more the left kept talking about all of the sex he was having...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections