Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 01:34 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times

Advertisements

Of course, this kind of questioning is only legit when it is done by conservatives to claim Hillary has dementia or Obama was born in Kenya!

But it's a good analysis of the letter and suggests it may be bunk, like most of anything that involves Trump.

It doesn't take a genius to know that doctors, who are sensitive to their reputations and potential liabilities, don't go around making flowery comments about "this is the healthiest guy EVER - OFF THE CHARTS!" They usually stick to facts, which is something probably foreign to a guy like Trump.

I'm A Doctor. Here's What I Find Most Concerning About Trump's Medical Letter

Quote:
1. The header has a non-working web address, and doctors don’t include e-mail addresses in letters.

2. Lennox Hill has a Division of Gastroenterology, not a “Section,” and Dr. Bornstein isn’t listed on the website as a member.

3. The letter starts with a typo.

[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-31-2016 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 01:38 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
I'm much more worried about all the doctors that have stated their concerns over all the signs of Hillary serious health problems.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:38 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,210,962 times
Not that I'm into all this "health" controversy but from a lay perspective this question is key:

Quote:
Did Dr. Bornstein write it?

IMO the answer is no. Most likely a staff administration (i.e. secretary) did and it was signed off by him. No biggie from my perspective.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:41 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Actually the web site is functioning. I just went to it.

Here is what I find is weird. Basically the web site says nothing about the doctor or his practice. It has a canned layout that does nothing but provide links to other web sites. Basically, it is setup to get click through ad revenue.

I thought maybe someone just started squatting on the site when the letter came out. But I did a whois and it has been registered since 2006. The registrant is from hong kong. I suppose it could still be a squatter but I would think unlikely.

I have never seen a doctor do this.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:43 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Not that I'm into all this "health" controversy but from a lay perspective this question is key:

IMO the answer is no. Most likely a staff administration (i.e. secretary) did and it was signed off by him. No biggie from my perspective.
You think a doctor who was doing a physical on the Republican candidate for POTUS, with all the scrutiny that entailsm would really allow a secretary to write that particular letter? I think that's highly unlikely.

Besides, the letter is full of hyperbolic TrumpSpeak.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:44 PM

121 posts, read 74,738 times
This article also lays it out pretty well.

Since most Trumpies will be too lazy to go to the link, I'll include an excerpt:

Quote:
It purports to be a medical letter, but it is one of the most ridiculous documents ever to emerge in any political campaign. First, the letterhead is in the same font as the letter, which appears to have been created using Microsoft Word. The signature from the doctor is several inches past the signature line—the result you might get if the document had been signed as a blank and filled in later.[MOD CUT/copyright violation]
The article continues.

ETA:

My opinion is that it reads like an elementary schooler wrote it (and didn't bother asking his parents to proofread!) It is vague and uses exaggerated words like "astonishingly excellent" and "unequivocally" and bizarre claims like "the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

Can it be any more clearly faked? And honestly it sounds like the Trump wrote it himself.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-31-2016 at 11:58 AM..

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm much more worried about all the doctors that have stated their concerns over all the signs of Hillary serious health problems.
which doctors are those specifically?

EDIT: just saw in the OP link that there are "two doctors" who "have apparently diagnosed her with all kinds of ailments using the long disproven Fox-Drudge equation".

Last edited by wrecking ball; 08-17-2016 at 02:26 PM..

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
If true, the physician obviously did not read it before signing and that not only would be a major breach of medical protocol, his not knowing what it said would invalidate the information in the letter.

A easy fix for that would be for him to issue a new letter, right?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:46 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,173,562 times
You are just now realizing there was something almost hilariously bogus about that letter?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:50 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Hilarious !!! The desperation to mirror back every accusation crooked Hillary earns by deeds done. Not dirt cheep unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections