Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 09:15 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You're the one calling names on here. It is so stupid to call everyone voting for someone a bigot and that is such an ugly word that nice people don't use it where I live. Trump lives in the horrible New York world and yes it looks like he is losing at the moment but the real loser if Hillary wins is America.
Sure, I am "calling names." If you support someone who spews bigoted views, then I will assume you're a bigot.

But I'm also not running for President so :-P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
All these talking points are just fluff. Think about America with even more corrupt people that Hillary allows inside our borders. That's the real world and the real point.
Sure, Hillary's corrupt.

And Trump is honest?

What about his top buddy Paul Manafort helping prop up the former pro-Putin figurehead in Ukraine? Are those the kinds of people Trump is going to hire as President?

Old 08-18-2016, 09:27 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
My son says a person knows they lost the debate when they start calling people names. .
So then by your own words, Trump has lost the debate since he constantly insults people.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:32 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So then by your own words, Trump has lost the debate since he constantly insults people.
...shoot, Trump didn't make it past announcing his candidacy without losing.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
It is good to have a mature human being running for the office and not a crook. And yes we are so proud of his grasp of the USA needs. People need to pay for their own college but be safe while they are doing it. American's cannot do anything if they have their heads chopped off.
How many times did it take you to post that with a straight face? What an oxymoron.....do you know what an oxymoron is? Too funny.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking That Drumpf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAA5QXyaYw0

...it will be good to have a leader in office again, who can identify our enemies.

...he actually has on the victims of Muslim terrorism and our hero military.

...he be like some kinda military genius.

Says he knows more about ISIS than the generals do.

Trump: U.S. generals "don't know much" about ISIS - Videos - CBS News

Says he's "the most militaristic" cuz he dressed up in a cadet uniform.

And dodged Nam.

What a hero!

Old 08-18-2016, 09:49 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sure, Hillary's corrupt.

And Trump is honest?

What about his top buddy Paul Manafort helping prop up the former pro-Putin figurehead in Ukraine? Are those the kinds of people Trump is going to hire as President?
Manafort works for the CIA and these stories are needed to maintain his cover. He will never be held accountable for what he did while in the CIA.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I was looking more at how the comments apply to trump's abortive attempt at moderating his tone rather than the actual policy 'suggestion' in it. But, as for the content - what did Mateen do that would make his legally eligible to be thrown out of the country? Nothing, really, other than have a son who did an abominable thing.

We have a long history in this country of tolerating, and even embracing, other viewpoints. Look at the neo-nazi people, the white supremacists, etc. I don't see trump suggesting the timothy mcveigh's parents should be kicked out of the country. I don't see any other group being targeted like trump targets the muslims. Maybe he will expand it, make all the less-than-10 women leave? And, all the disabled people? And, all the journalists? Oh wait - not the National Enquirer and Breitbart, even tho they aren't technically 'journalists'.

And, I believe that even the New Yorkers who supported stop and frisk are now dismayed at seeing the result of that policy, and see it as something to be ashamed about. Or not, you never know.
Trump so far has stated stupid words. They are stupid enough to get me to not vote for him. Hillary has actually participated in stupid asinine wars that has killed American's and thousands of innocent people in many parts of the world and lied about it.

I have to wonder about your level of outrage here.

We do have some idea about whether NYers still support these practices.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...ions-1.6316830

Old 08-18-2016, 02:35 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAA5QXyaYw0

...it will be good to have a leader in office again, who can identify our enemies.

...he actually has on the victims of Muslim terrorism and our hero military.
You're going to be heart-crushed the day after the election. Calling him Pres Trump already appears to be some fantasy-delusion.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:38 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Was Trump on top or bottom? Not sure how a manatee and and orangutan do it but more power to them.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 08-18-2016 at 03:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections