Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 10:02 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump had nothing to do with the truck. He did not organize or donate its contents. He just showed up at the back end, a quick distribution line was formed for the quick photo-op, and it disappeared as soon as Trump left.
Link? Also, can you give me a link to Hillary and Obama's visit and what they delivered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Again?????????????? The semi Trump had delivered days before his visit had blankets, water, diapers, and other supplies. Are people so stupid they think he delivered a semi loaded with nothing but Play-Doh? Please stop perpetuating that nonsense.

The fact there was play-doh included in that shipment was for the children who lost everything in the flood, including their toys. How is that a bad thing?
Obviously they are that stupid per the comments. They have reached a new low this campaign season. I am surprised that they never paid enough attention to any of our national disasters as to know many of the things obvious to the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
LOL... it's actually true! I looked at the video myself... hilarious!

Guy shows up for a one minute photo op before flying off on his private jet and all the cons are jizzing themselves over what a great hero he is.
You might look again. He was there for approximately 4 hours surveying the damage and noting the needs of the people. Generally, this is done by our POTUS. Our POTUS is vacationing and felt his visit wasn't necessary although now that Trump went, Obama will go on Tuesday. Hillary didn't want to clog the roadways with her diapered bottom, so is communicating, probably by email.

For those of us that actually have paid attention and been concerned about our national disasters, we know what usually happens and why people that will get the media's attention show up. You see, the media wouldn't pay attention if you or I showed up but do when the POTUS shows up. POTUS doesn't show up. Trump shows up. The media shows up and it gets known what the situation is and what the needs of the people are so that appropriate goods and services can get to the area. This is the way it works.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
LOL... it's actually true! I looked at the video myself... hilarious!

Guy shows up for a one minute photo op before flying off on his private jet and all the cons are jizzing themselves over what a great hero he is.
Guy shows up does some good and lefties tripping over themselves to hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump had nothing to do with the truck. He did not organize or donate its contents. He just showed up at the back end, a quick distribution line was formed for the quick photo-op, and it disappeared as soon as Trump left.
Just keep telling yourself that.. Meanwhile oDummy offers lecture to LA and Hilliary nowhere to be found

Old 08-20-2016, 10:06 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
He handed out Play Doh to Pence for the cameras for less than a minute and then left.

It's called a Photo Op. Doesn't do much more good to anyone than Hillary's nothing.

You've been fooled again.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:08 AM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Hate may likely be what happens when people are incapable of responding to facts in a logical way and with critical thinking skills. Perhaps there is some self-loathing occurring as well.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
He handed out Play Doh to Pence for the cameras for less than a minute and then left.

It's called a Photo Op.
It's called leadership.. I'm sure the children approved along with the adults that received needed relief and morale..They were SO happy to see him. Meanwhile oDummy offers lecture and hilliary nowhere to be found

Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 AM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Reports, and I don' t know if true, is that Trump distributed Play Doh to flood victims in Louisiana. If true, what does that say about his campaign and his personality ? If true is that used in an ad against him ?
The play doh would be to keep the children and the democrats occupied while the adults clean up the mess.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Hate may likely be what happens when people are incapable of responding to facts in a logical way and with critical thinking skills. Perhaps there is some self-loathing occurring as well.
Here's some logical and critical thinking for you:

When you do the photo op in the flood disaster area, make sure you had your team set you up HANDING OUT FOOD and supplies relevant as top priorities to flood victims.

You can't eat Play Doh. You also can't make a shelter out of it. Nor is it of medical benefit to anyone. If you're a politician running for President, you DO NOT want to be seen on that photo as the guy handing out Play Doh at the flood.

What kinds of idiots does Trump have working for him that they continuously set him up doing such stupid, tone deaf things? Anyone with an IQ over room temperature could have predicted how this would play out and mitigated the perception risk.

Anyone other than Trump and the similarly clueless people he surrounds himself with.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
It's called leadership.. I'm sure the children approved along with the adults that received needed relief and morale..They were SO happy to see him. Meanwhile oDummy offers lecture and hilliary nowhere to be found
Showing up for a photo op to hand out play doh to Pence for 49 seconds is not leadership. Signing a Presidential declaration of disaster relief so that real resources can mobilize and work can begin immediately is.

Let me give you a hint...

When people have lost everything in a flood, the first things that are needed are: food, clothing, shelter, medical supplies. Those are being handed out by the relief agencies working in the area; probably best thing is to fund them.

Play Doh is pretty damn low on the list.

Furthermore, if you're a politician doing a photo op, you want to be seen handing out relevant supplies, not trivial trinkets. Someone on his PR team should get fired for this. The perception risk was evident.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Here's some logical and critical thinking for you:

When you do the photo op in the flood disaster area, make sure you had your team set you up HANDING OUT FOOD and supplies relevant as top priorities to flood victims.

You can't eat Play Doh. You also can't make a shelter out of it. Nor is it of medical benefit to anyone. If you're a politician running for President, you DO NOT want to be seen on that photo as the guy handing out Play Doh at the flood.

What kinds of idiots does Trump have working for him that they continuously set him up doing such stupid, tone deaf things? Anyone with an IQ over room temperature could have predicted how this would play out and mitigated the perception risk.

Anyone other than Trump and the similarly clueless people he surrounds himself with.
what are you the burger meister? Jeezus you cant make this stuff up..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX87QQLVD5k

Old 08-20-2016, 10:18 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,315,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Reports, and I don' t know if true, is that Trump distributed Play Doh to flood victims in Louisiana. If true, what does that say about his campaign and his personality ? If true is that used in an ad against him ?
Come on. Think about it. Children are in shelters and have lost everything, their toys, pets, home, sleeping blanket, stuffed animal. Play dough seems a good thing to give them.

So I wouldn't count it against him. In fact, I consider it thoughtful.

And to the poster above who says they needed shelter food etc not play doh, true. state and fed resources are providing such stuff. The trump trailer included basics and nice extras including play doh

It was a nice gesture and I am sure appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections