Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 01:56 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,766,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Isn't Trump one of these RINOs based on his historic stances on the polices?
Wow...this seriously needs to be explained to you? How long has Trump been a politician?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 02:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wow...this seriously needs to be explained to you? How long has Trump been a politician?
I stated on the stances. Stances aren't mutually exclusive to being a politican.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:33 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Hell no. And there's zero reason for me to.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:44 PM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I stated on the stances. Stances aren't mutually exclusive to being a politican.
Trump is not really a RINO or a Republican or a Democrat. He is a moderate in the classic political science definition which holds that, contrary to the notion that moderates are wishy-washy on issues, moderates tend to draw their philosophy from the extremes of both conservative and liberal thought. He can be in favor of vast new government programs while at the same time arguing like a nativist to close the borders or to impose trade tariffs. That approach can appear enigmatic but it is the hallmark of a moderate. I must admit to doing the same. If Trump were qualified to serve as President, I might give him a second look.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:48 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,030,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Trump supporters love the demagoguery and like being told that they're discriminatory beliefs have worth. So I can't imagine any of them changing their support. They represent the absolute bottom of humanity, and if they had any morality or ability to reason whatsoever, they never would've supported him in the first place. The people who don't like Hillary don't have to pick Trump, so choosing Trump shows the type of people they really are.
Personally, I'll never again respect any people I know that supported Trump, regardless of the outcome of the election. It's been incredibly disheartening to see people I know support him. None of them were liberal to begin with, but it's always surprising, and rather sad, to see someone's true colors on display. You think you know people... Ultimately, the bottom line is that I don't associate with racists/bigots in real life if I can help it.

but thieves, rapists, killers are ok.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is not really a RINO or a Republican or a Democrat. He is a moderate in the classic political science definition which holds that, contrary to the notion that moderates are wishy-washy on issues, moderates tend to draw their philosophy from the extremes of both conservative and liberal thought. He can be in favor of vast new government programs while at the same time arguing like a nativist to close the borders or to impose trade tariffs. That approach can appear enigmatic but it is the hallmark of a moderate. I must admit to doing the same. If Trump were qualified to serve as President, I might give him a second look.
But since he is a Republican, he is A RINO to the conservatives. That is what I am talking about not his actual alignment. To some conservatives, ANYONE can be a RINO, even other conservatives that don't fit their box. I know of one who called Cruz a RINO on this forum before...

Old 08-21-2016, 03:57 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You're from one of the indigenous north or south american tribes?

Hint: the founders WERE invaders.
The only people who have the right to make the claim that the founders were invaders are people descended from a specific sparsely populated part of what is now Alaska. I doubt you have that specific ancestry, but if you do, please edify us. Anthropologists refer to the 'north and south american tribes' as indigenous, but they still migrated from elsewhere.....except for the area I referred to above.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The only people who have the right to make the claim that the founders were invaders are people descended from a specific sparsely populated part of what is now Alaska. I doubt you have that specific ancestry, but if you do, please edify us. Anthropologists refer to the 'north and south american tribes' as indigenous, but they still migrated from elsewhere.....except for the area I referred to above.
This is some very strange reasoning here. You seriously think the founders didn't know they were Europeans?

Old 08-21-2016, 04:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
So the original anti-illegal immigration crowd is ok with the v.3@realdonaltrump?

Does he think his original supporters can't read? Or does he just not care that he is doing a 180 on immigration? Or are his followers so loyal that they also will now change their minds on illegal immigrants?

"..Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump plans to present an immigration plan in Colorado Thursday that will include finding a way to legalize millions of undocumented immigrants, according to three people who attended a meeting between the candidate and Hispanic leaders on Saturday at Trump Tower in New York..."

Trump now says he plans to legalize some undocumented immigrants - Univision

Trump camp leaves wiggle room on deportation of illegal immigrants - POLITICO

Old 08-21-2016, 04:21 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
only Trump's offenses are real and supportable with evidence.
See FBI Director Comey's testimony under oath to Trey Gowdy re Hillary. Many people find the lies confirmed by that testimony offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections