Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 05:55 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,660,809 times

Advertisements

I expect her to be about as truthful as this guy....

Saddam Hussein's former spokesman Tariq Aziz

Old 08-22-2016, 12:16 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,261,620 times
Kelly Anne is very smart and is exactly what Trump needed. In the unlikely event Trump listens to her and doesn't get derailed in the weeds on something, he's got a decent shot provided he opens up his checkbook and starts buying some ads and reaches out.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:46 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
She is another slick PR person/handler who is good at, she thinks, deflecting questions and explaining away previous attacks she made on Trump. She may go down as the person who sealed Trump's defeat. On the one hand she says she wants to let Trump be Trump, then she takes credit for all the mea culpa Trump has been engaged in during the past week. We all know the real Trump is who we saw during the primaries, not the regretting Trump. She calls last week Trump's best week but based on what evidence? I claim that Trump is not happy with the Trump we saw last week. That's not him. He agreed to it out of desperation. If he doesn't see a rise in the polls, I won't be surprised if he goes back to the original Trump, by then of course the people are totally confused.
This exactly.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:05 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,220,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
But of course !

I've liked her for years. Brilliant pick.

Donald excels at staffing, another example of what we need in America,
viable, creative executives.
Seriously? He's gone through three campaign managers in how many months?

Old 08-22-2016, 02:10 AM

12,068 posts, read 10,365,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
She is an improvement from his past hires. Pierson lies repeatedly. Manafort is owned by Putin. I will say this is a slight step up. I don't think any of his choices have been the best people. I don't think he hires the best people. Believe me.
I haven't seen Katrina Pierson on TV in several days.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:23 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,220,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Just another annoying blond surrogate for Trump, promoted to babysitter. No thanks.

The reason people don't want to work for certain companies is because of high turnover. Not a good sign. Trump is Mr. High Turnover and this woman is a paid apologist.
Trump is totally surrounded by paid apologists.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:42 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Why? Have the Republicans changed candidates? If it's still Trump, what makes you think anyone who wasn't already in the cult will suddenly change their minds now? Donald Trump is still Donald Trump. And lest anyone forget exactly who Donald Trump really is, there is a year's worth of rally footage and television interviews to remind them. And rest assured, the Democrats will continue to do exactly that.

You can't erase 12 months of Trump idiocy by installing yet another campaign manager.

This changes nothing as long as Donald Trump is still the GOP candidate.
A great number of voters have a short term memory and will forget the outrageous, repugnant Trump with a move like this. I doubt that Trump can keep things uncontroversial. Many voters don't tune in to the election until after Labor Day as well.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:14 AM

1,099 posts, read 906,775 times
I agree with the original poster. She's quite impressive.

I also found a conversation I had with one of my clients and her friends quite interesting. She's just under 60 but her husband and their friends are in their mid-70s. They are the only ones I know that get called for polling. She laughed about it and said that it seems to be the case that most elderly people are the only ones with land lines and the outdated way these polls are conducted, focus on that group (people with land line phones). Then I was listening to a few shows recently, and apparently Trump crushes Hillary on internet related polls. I'm just wondering if this is going to be another Michael Dukakis deal, where the polls aren't really capturing the pulse of the voters. It should be interesting.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:25 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,532,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
In the unlikely event Trump listens to her and doesn't get derailed in the weeds on something,.....
my guess is that this week the democrats, thru surrogates, will more aggressively taunt trump to force him to react.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:32 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,532,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I haven't seen Katrina Pierson on TV in several days.
hadn't thought about that. seems conway has taken over those responsibilities.

so far conway has been good at deflecting away from topics the campaign doesn't want to discuss but her MO has become pretty obvious (IMHO). i'll be curious to see if she can continue in future interviews or if she'll start getting called out on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections