Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 08:43 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Just another annoying blond surrogate for Trump, promoted to babysitter. No thanks.

The reason people don't want to work for certain companies is because of high turnover. Not a good sign. Trump is Mr. High Turnover and this woman is a paid apologist.
sorry, that is a little bit harsh and what do you even know about Kellyanne?

Last edited by nmnita; 08-22-2016 at 08:51 AM..

Old 08-22-2016, 08:49 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Neither of those things is true. Nice try though.
are you saying polls are not primarily land line driven or are you saying he won't do better than the polls show? I can't seem to grasp what the heck you are saying. There were 4 points to my post.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:54 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,807,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
I agree with the original poster. She's quite impressive.

I also found a conversation I had with one of my clients and her friends quite interesting. She's just under 60 but her husband and their friends are in their mid-70s. They are the only ones I know that get called for polling. She laughed about it and said that it seems to be the case that most elderly people are the only ones with land lines and the outdated way these polls are conducted, focus on that group (people with land line phones). Then I was listening to a few shows recently, and apparently Trump crushes Hillary on internet related polls. I'm just wondering if this is going to be another Michael Dukakis deal, where the polls aren't really capturing the pulse of the voters. It should be interesting.
No and no.

Reuters conducts their poll via the internet.
Clinton is leading by 8.

"The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English in all 50 states."

Clinton leads Trump by eight points: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

As for Ms Conway, clearly whatever Trump is paying her means more to her than her principles.
I don't know how that makes her "brilliant", but it certainly makes her a Trumpkin.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
not to forget, the polls of today are mostly based on land lines and internet polling. Neither are accurate. I hope and pray he is doing better than the polls show: I am guessing he is.
What would be a more accurate methodology?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
Hmmm....strange comment. Polling for youngins don't equate to that unless you think a land line phone is typical of youngins

And I think they're dead even in the age of 55-64 range (I did put extra emphasis on the land line phone portion in my comment...even put it in parenthesis so no one would misconstrue it...but of course, you did). I happen to think somone in their mid 60s is elderly (of course they wouldn't appreciate me saying that). Admittedly, Pew and other polling places using land line phones do have above 65 if you're white. Like all other categories, the minority votes in all age categories go to Clinton. In addition, the online polls have anonymity and are sample sizes of up to 100x that of places like Pew, so one can figure out which sample they'd rather use and which would be more accurate. As stated, Dukakis led in the polls by a good margin up to election day and lost. Same thing was being said to the Brits recently in the Brexit vote. It happens.
Huh?

I think that many people confuse the pop-up surveys that they may encounter when visiting websites with traditional political polling.

They are not one and the same.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:07 AM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
She is working for him now. You can't expect her not to be 100 percent behind him.
I do, but my point is that the words coming out of her mouth is just party line aligned with her new employer. I don't see what's so impressive about that.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:50 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,135,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I do, but my point is that the words coming out of her mouth is just party line aligned with her new employer. I don't see what's so impressive about that.
Spin can only carry one so far. She is certainly a step up from Katrina, the disaster, Pierson. That woman needs to step aside with all her wacko talk.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:05 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,343,508 times
Quote:
are you saying polls are not primarily land line driven or are you saying he won't do better than the polls show? I can't seem to grasp what the heck you are saying. There were 4 points to my post.
Well I will concede the first point. I thought you were saying that all polls are landline only. I see that you meant they are primarily landline based and not landline only, However, landlines favor Trump which would mean that the polls would be biased in his favor if we went with that line of thought. Internet based polls perform very well. In some cases better than live caller polls. Of course the jury is still out on them as being just as accurate. They aren't inaccurate though.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
sorry, that is a little bit harsh and what do you even know about Kellyanne?
I've been watching her sarcastic smirks and listening to her lie for months. Sorry--I just don't like her, and she'll quite obviously shill for whomever pays her. Her entire job now is to make excuses for Trump and babysit him (yes--she will be with him 24/7 to try to keep him from saying and doing stupid things.

Seriously? We want a president who needs a minder, or he'll embarrass himself? This is ridiculous.

She is as annoying as that other blonde surrogate--that Scotty woman. Just wondering--is being blonde a requirement for GOP spokespeople? Ingraham, Coulter, et. al. They all sound alike and they are all phony as hell.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:14 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,641,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
She is as annoying as that other blonde surrogate--that Scotty woman. Just wondering--is being blonde a requirement for GOP spokespeople? Ingraham, Coulter, et. al. They all sound alike and they are all phony as hell.
racist much ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections