Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 03:24 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
the left corrals people by race. The right not so much.

The right isn't pandering to a special interest group who wants our politicians to thumb their noses at our immigration laws for them either and blackmailing them for votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 04:35 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
That 'taco bowl' email was sent May 6th... the day after trump's famous taco bowl picture on Cinco de Mayo... of course, it could not have possibly been in response to that, poking a bit of fun at 'the trump'. Could it? I kinda think it might have been.

Of course, there are people who will take offense to it, just like there were people who took offense at trump saying he loved Mexicans with a taco bowl. But, to call it a yuuuge movement of Latinos for trump? simply, not happening.
Goes to show how the democrats think of hispanics, as taco bowls only. Not funny.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:39 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I never did understand why any Hispanics would take offense at Trump eating Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo. WTH? Isn't that what most Americans do? Just because he objects to Mexicans being here illegally doesn't mean he can't enjoy Mexican food. Where was the racism? I don't get it.
I used to go to NYC on Cinco de Mayo to celebrate and get some good food.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,769,712 times
What a pointless argument... no, Trump was not racially offensive to eat a taco bowl and say he loved Hispanics. And no the leaked email was not evidence of Democratic Party racism, but just an attempt at a humorous reference to Trump.

I don't think it helps the right to use SJW tactics and hit opponents with bogus accusations of racial insensitivity. It legitimizes that tactic and the cultivation of anti-white racial grievance in general... better to stay out of that mud entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections