Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 05:27 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Not a form of Stockholm Syndrome, really. His followers agree with him no matter what. Madness of crowds.

That's common with all base supporters though. I mean I have seen Obama supporters do the same for him as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 05:33 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
That's common with all base supporters though. I mean I have seen Obama supporters do the same for him as well.
In my voting lifetime I've never seen the anger that I've seen with the Trump base. I've seen upset, I've seen devoted (with both parties) but never what I'm seeing now.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:35 AM

952 posts, read 518,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
All the talk about the new manager helping keep trump composed and moderate his tone, and somebody lets him get hold of his twitter account, and, he goes off on a rant about a woman who said something bad about him. hmmm.

Wonder if she'll quit in frustration pretty soon? How many times does he have to show his real feelings about women before any women who work for him just give up and leave him to stew in his own... mess?

Donald Trump calls female MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski 'neurotic and not very bright'

'This Week' Transcript: Kellyanne Conway, Robby Mook, Reince Priebus, and Dr. Jill Stein - ABC News

To clarify, the clip is from when she was the head of a Cruz superpac.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CONWAY: You said he's for the little guy but he's actually built a lot of his businesses on the backs of little guys, completely transparent. Donald Trump's tax returns aren't. I'd like to see those be transparent.
It's vulgar. And do I want somebody who hurls personal insults or who goes and talks about philosophical differences?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

STEPHANOPOULOS: So what changed for you?
And do you stand by those comments?

CONWAY: I do. And the reason is I don't like when people hurl personal insults. That will never change. That's not my style. I'm a mother of four shall children. And it would be a terrible example for me to feel otherwise --

STEPHANOPOULOS: You think Mr. Trump's going to change on that?

CONWAY: Well, but he doesn't hurl personal insults. In other words, he just this week, look what he talked about.

Bet she's waking up in a Lewandowski/Manafort state of mind.

Guess, out of concern for her children, she'll be resigning soon...

Last edited by Livejack; 08-23-2016 at 05:52 AM..

Old 08-23-2016, 05:47 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
In my voting lifetime I've never seen the anger that I've seen with the Trump base. I've seen upset, I've seen devoted (with both parties) but never what I'm seeing now.

Me neither ! This is one of the weirdest elections I can ever recall. This "anger" so many people seem to have, I really, really do not understand where it came from. What are they so ticked off at ?

Just yesterday, I had a customer at work, a guy who I get along great with, nice guy. I asked him how business was, and he said he is swamped. Then, for some unknown reason, he went off on this tangent about how bad things are in this country and how we need to throw Obama out right now !

I tried to probe a little to find out exactly WHAT he didn't like, and he really had no specifics, just that "These politicians are thieves and the system has to change !" I find it odd that his own life and business are booming, and yet conditions are so bad they need to change.

As for Trump being able to continue to contain himself, Leopards don't change their spots. What we saw in Trump for the past year is what Trump is. No amount of trying to temper his rants by his advisors will ever make him any different, or change his basic flaws. He is what he is...........that is the problem.

Don

Old 08-23-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:

Yes, but I'm talking specifically about their refusal to call him out when he flips on issues. The anger of a lot of his supporters is a separate topic.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:50 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
All the talk about the new manager helping keep trump composed and moderate his tone, and somebody lets him get hold of his twitter account, and, he goes off on a rant about a woman who said something bad about him. hmmm.

Wonder if she'll quit in frustration pretty soon? How many times does he have to show his real feelings about women before any women who work for him just give up and leave him to stew in his own... mess?

Donald Trump calls female MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski 'neurotic and not very bright'
The debates are going to be interesting, although I'm not a Hillary fan, all she has to do is toss out the bait and then set the hook. She'll reel him in like a large mouth bass. And the thing is, even though Trump probably knows he'll be played, he won't be able to help himself.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
The debates are going to be interesting, although I'm not a Hillary fan, all she has to do is toss out the bait and then set the hook. She'll reel him in like a large mouth bass. And the thing is, even though Trump probably knows he'll be played, he won't be able to help himself.
If his performances mirror the last two then he might have some issues. Trump is great in a giant field where it's a free for all. He isn't as good when the debate rules are strictly enforced and less people are on the stage though.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:54 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
I was out and about in Tampa yesterday and I came across crowded wall-to-wall people in restaurants (ie Panera) and so many stores with help-wanted signs. From my perspective, it seems like the economy is doing pretty well. I see consumerism seems to be hopping. I see people in newer cars, housing demand here is returning to pre-housing bust days, homes are being bought up pretty quickly. In my city (Tampa) crime is near levels that we haven't seen for ages. I walk through my city without a care (Trump says I should be afraid). I'm not saying that the rest of the country is like this - just from my perspective in Florida.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:00 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
If his performances mirror the last two then he might have some issues. Trump is great in a giant field where it's a free for all. He isn't as good when the debate rules are strictly enforced and less people are on the stage though.
You know what would really be cool? If some random Bernie supporter got ahold of the projector for a minute and just projected the footage of Trump and Hillary hugging at Trumps wedding. Right behind them during the debate.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I was out and about in Tampa yesterday and I came across crowded wall-to-wall people in restaurants (ie Panera) and so many stores with help-wanted signs. From my perspective, it seems like the economy is doing pretty well. I see consumerism seems to be hopping. I see people in newer cars, housing demand here is returning to pre-housing bust days, homes are being bought up pretty quickly. In my city (Tampa) crime is near levels that we haven't seen for ages. I walk through my city without a care (Trump says I should be afraid). I'm not saying that the rest of the country is like this - just from my perspective in Florida.
He doesn't really have much to run on is the issue. The economy is sluggish but it's not bad. Gas fluctuates but it's still very low compared to where it's been over the past few years. That leaves law and order and terrorism. I mean it could work I guess. People always perceive crime as being worse even if it's not in their communities. It's always worse outside of them according to their thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections