Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 12:41 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,454,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Nope, GOP recipe is simple but first step in that process is to STOP tacitly supporting bigoted morons. Baby steps.
Meanwhile you support bigoted morons (The DNC). Didn't you read their racist and bigoted email dumps?

Old 08-23-2016, 12:41 PM

119 posts, read 89,118 times
Quote:
A lot of us having been saying this for a long time but time of reckoning is closer than Trump fans would like to believe. The country's demographics have been changing and changing for a really, really long time.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...gry-white-male

"Change is coming. A study by the union-backed Economic Policy Institute predicts that the American working class will be majority nonwhite by 2032 -- a decade earlier than the population as a whole. But with a disastrous, divisive showing in November, Trump could begin to usher the angry white male off center stage."
Actually, the angriest voters have always been on the left. They like to portray themselves as these ultra-intelligent, cool-headed, and scientific-thinking voters. Then you see them in real life and they're shouting down anyone who they don't want to hear, sobbing in dark corners that someone hurt them, burning down neighborhoods and throwing Molotovs, raging about their oppression and vowing to overthrow the "man." It's literally like watching a large group of babies throwing temper tantrums in the middle of a grocery store because they soiled their diapers and want some candy.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:43 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
There were two this time around in the GOP primaries, Cruz and Rubio.
You're right. Dumb statement on my part.

I guess I'm saying the entire GOP base including leaders and members may very well one day be primarily minorities. Or I guess at that time they will be classified as the majority.

Pretty clear that white people are not reproducing at the rates as other races. And likely the trend will continue and we will see hispanics or other races on different sides of the political spectrum battling for control.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:43 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,454,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schempgo View Post
Actually, the angriest voters have always been on the left. They like to portray themselves as these ultra-intelligent, cool-headed, and scientific-thinking voters. Then you see them in real life and they're shouting down anyone who they don't want to hear, sobbing in dark corners that someone hurt them, burning down neighborhoods and throwing Molotovs, raging about their oppression and vowing to overthrow the "man." It's literally like watching a large group of babies throwing temper tantrums in the middle of a grocery store because they soiled their diapers and want some candy.
Pretty much

Old 08-23-2016, 12:44 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post

I guess I'm saying the entire GOP base including leaders and members may very well one day be primarily minorities. Or I guess at that time they will be classified as the majority.

Pretty clear that white people are not reproducing at the rates as other races. And likely the trend will continue and we will see hispanics or other races on different sides of the political spectrum battling for control.
I wasn't calling you dumb, I tried to forget about that whole point in time too...working on forgetting about this entire election cycle actually.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:46 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Meanwhile you support bigoted morons (The DNC). Didn't you read their racist and bigoted email dumps?
No, please post some of those comments with valid reputable links.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schempgo View Post
Oh right. That guy who shouted at President Obama during his SOTU address was a democrat...shocking display of ignorance and disrespect or Jan Brewer wagging her finger in the POTUS face on the tarmac. She was also a democrat, right. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but not facts. Shall I continue? There are so many examples out there I could be left typing for weeks and weeks and on and on.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:49 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
No, please post some of those comments with valid reputable links.
Well, they talked about how Bernie was a Jew and possibly an atheist and how they could use it against him to garner votes from the religious south.

Also they called Hispanic outreach "taco bowl engagement'.

Did you not hear about this? I'll let you google it for the links if you want because I thought this was common knowledge.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:51 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,424,177 times
Quote:

It's actually not "reproduction" that's really the issue. Birthrates fluctuate. Few decades ago the black birthrate was lower than the white one.

What's causing the demographic changes more than anything is immigration.

But it's so, so much more complicated than "white" vs. "non-white." It's also going to get a lot more complicated with intermarriage of all the races/ethnicities.

Hispanics are not "non-white" just because they have Spanish last names. Cruz and Rubio are classic examples of two white Latinos.

Many immigrants are also liberal voting for economic reasons, but socially conservative otherwise. How that's going to play out down the road remains to be seen. (For example, my step-grandmother was a registered democrat but super super Catholic as well. She voted Republican in man an election because of the abortion issue, especially after she met my grandfather and the economics and lifestyle improved for her).

In my own immigrant (Latin European) side of my family, I notice that many of them are Republican and even Trump supporters.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Well, they talked about how Bernie was a Jew and possibly an atheist and how they could use it against him to garner votes from the religious south.

Also they called Hispanic outreach "taco bowl engagement'.

Did you not hear about this? I'll let you google it for the links if you want because I thought this was common knowledge.
That intra-party nastiness exists on both sides, no denying that. We all know the things Trumps republican opponents said about him during their primaries. Trump takes it to a whole new dreadful level though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections