Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 05:33 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think Rand Paul, John Kasich, and Marco Rubio all would have been better nominees than Trump.
Very few people would be worse than Trump or Hillary.

Maybe it's time for Deez Nuts to come back and save us from this living hell some of you call an election.

Election my .... These candidates are disgusting.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL...there is no civic responsibility to vote for someone you don't support
Exactly.

Why do people feel like they can tell others how the should vote? Their higher than thou attitude is ridiculous. No one owes anyone a vote.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oh my!!!

A Republican senator is supporting the Republican candidate for president!!!

What a contrast from my own Republican senator, Pat Toomey, who refuses to endorse Donald, avoids mentioning Mr. Trump like the plague, and boycotted the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
yeah but Kentucky is not the same as PA.

Even though we had Little Mr no Personality Marco "endorse" Trump through a video, our local republican politicians here in South Florida actually speak against Trump

Old 08-24-2016, 05:49 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Kassich would be picking out the drapes to the oval office by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yep, not only did he have a massive national lead over Hillary - he was literally beating her in EVERY swing state and even blueish states like Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Maine.
That is because no one was attacking Kasich

I doint get why people want to pretend that primary polls against a candidate in another primary means anything, if it did Bernie Sanders would be the nominee as he beat all Republicans including Kasich.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:40 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,385,722 times
Besides Paul 's views on foreign policy I have always been luke warm towards him. Too bad he was not smart enough like his father to not take the stupid {R} pledge of supporting the nominee. His father gave the answer of " it depends who it is" leaving himself a out. Ron never did support Romney and voted for Johnson in the general and thus kept his word and principles intact.

I wish Ron would have went further and said " I won't support some {R} slug just because he is the nominee" and besides that circumstances change". Just like the stupid {R} Nordquist pledge of never voting to raise taxes. The circumstances changed and Obama was giving tax increases and the {R} received some puny cuts in the sequester. And looked like a bunch of idiots when they broke the pledge.

So now we have Paul that feels obligated to support Trump because of the pledge and uses the ignorant unwashed masses favorite excuse of choosing the lesser of 2 evils, "we have to keep that Hillary out so I will support Trump". Paul and Bernie are the same kind of sell out. Paul and his supporters are a natural fit to support Johnson, and Bernie and his supporters are a natural fit to support Stein.

I support most of Rands ideas and the work that he has done but when he is wrong he gets no defense from me. If I defended him it would put me in the same class as the pathetic partisans in the forum. Who will defend and make excuses every time for their party leaders. As the old saying goes " I would rather stand alone then run with the hyennas"

Last edited by Swingblade; 08-24-2016 at 06:58 PM..

Old 08-24-2016, 06:51 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,452,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Besides Paul 's views on foreign policy I have always been luke warm towards him. Too bad he was not smart enough like his father to not take the stupid {R} pledge of supporting the nominee. His father gave the answer of " it depends who it is" leaving himself a out. Ron never did support Romney and voted for Johnson in the general and thus kept his word and principles intact.
Paul might have been the candidate if he had done that. He completely misread the electorate.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Paul might have been the candidate if he had done that. He completely misread the electorate.
That might have made Paul more competitive because it would have gave himself some contrast from the other contenders and Trump. And that is what Paul needed at that time. By time the debates took place Trump had all the thunder with his simplistic immigration and Muslim rhetoric. There was no thunder left for Paul with his non interventionist policy against the rest of the neo con war mongers and their support for telling the world what to do.

Another thing that baffles me is during the debates Trump showed nothing but disdain for Paul and said out loud " why is this guy even running". I think Trump hates the Paul's and I have no clue why? seems Rand would know this but still choose to tote the party line and pledge and support Trump.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:31 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,452,743 times
Quote:
That might have made Paul more competitive because it would have gave himself some contrast from the other contenders and Trump. And that is what Paul needed at that time. By time the debates took place Trump had all the thunder with his simplistic immigration and Muslim rhetoric. There was no thunder left for Paul with his non interventionist policy against the rest of the neo con war mongers and their support for telling the world what to do.

Another thing that baffles me is during the debates Trump showed nothing but disdain for Paul and said out loud " why is this guy even running". I think Trump hates the Paul's and I have no clue why? seems Rand would know this but still choose to tote the party line and pledge and support Trump.
He said he would. I have far more respect for Paul for living up to the vow he made on that stage than I do for those whose word means nothing.

That is why Trump won in the first place. A bunch of sleaze ball politicians whose word means nothing. Say one thing and do the other and not blink an eye over it.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:01 PM

21,571 posts, read 10,691,737 times
Quote:

I wish Ron would have went further and said " I won't support some {R} slug just because he is the nominee" and besides that circumstances change". Just like the stupid {R} Nordquist pledge of never voting to raise taxes. The circumstances changed and Obama was giving tax increases and the {R} received some puny cuts in the sequester. And looked like a bunch of idiots when they broke the pledge.

So now we have Paul that feels obligated to support Trump because of the pledge and uses the ignorant unwashed masses favorite excuse of choosing the lesser of 2 evils, "we have to keep that Hillary out so I will support Trump". Paul and Bernie are the same kind of sell out. Paul and his supporters are a natural fit to support Johnson, and Bernie and his supporters are a natural fit to support Stein.

I support most of Rands ideas and the work that he has done but when he is wrong he gets no defense from me. If I defended him it would put me in the same class as the pathetic partisans in the forum. Who will defend and make excuses every time for their party leaders. As the old saying goes " I would rather stand alone then run with the hyennas"
I am voting for Trump because he will have a press and congress watching his every move, and the press refuses to do their due diligence on any Democrat now. At least Trump won't be allowed to do his worst because he would actually be impeached if he did something illegal. That's very appealing to me, not because I think Trump would actually do anything evil like others do, but because I want someone who is accountable to the people for a change.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:35 AM

If Trump wins I would assume that would mean the the {R}s would hold onto the Senate and the House. Would that stop Trump from doing something illegal? did the {R}s stop Obama's EO that changed the law in Obamacare? No, besides squeeling like stuck pigs they did nothing. I have always said that the {R}s are chomping at the bit for their turn on illegal EO's and other.
The people will never hold their elected officials accountable when you consider that 96% plus of incumbents will be re elected. Besides getting negative press please explain to me how the president and congress will be held accountable? I am all ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections