Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:17 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

Hot Air » Blog Archive » MSNBC moron: Republicans not supporting the Olympics is like Jane Fonda supporting the Vietcong

Dem. are so stupid and only hear them self....maybe this moron should have googled a little bit about Rep. before opening his stupid mouth!

Mitt Romney speaks sense on Obama, Olympics | Jay Bookman

SALT LAKE CITY –Former Massachusetts governor and head of the 2002 Olympic Organizing Committee Mitt Romney says President Obama is doing exactly what needs to be done by flying to Denmark to lobby for the Olympics to come to Chicago in 2016.

Romney tells ABC News that having a sitting president make a personal pitch can make an enormous difference to the 106 members of the International Olympic Committee.

“I think the people in the IOC want to understand the level of the commitment of the host country,” Romney said. “Does the host country really care? Is this going to be a high priority? And nothing says that like having the presence of the leader of that country and, particularly, the case of Barack Obama.”

-----

Or is Mitt Romney a Dem. according to the moron in the first clip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 09:22 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,174 times
Typical MSNBC crap. Nobody talks about the hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars Obama spent flying to these meetings shilling for his hometown to get the Games.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
We gave it a shot, but it wasn't meant to be. Anyone who can turn this into a "bash Obama" moment is retarded.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:47 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,825,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Typical MSNBC crap. Nobody talks about the hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars Obama spent flying to these meetings shilling for his hometown to get the Games.
I guess it was a genius that knew when selecting Chicago for the 2016 Olympics that Mr. Obama would become the president. Money well spent for the USA in my opinion.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:49 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hot Air » Blog Archive » MSNBC moron: Republicans not supporting the Olympics is like Jane Fonda supporting the Vietcong

Dem. are so stupid and only hear them self....maybe this moron should have googled a little bit about Rep. before opening his stupid mouth!

Mitt Romney speaks sense on Obama, Olympics | Jay Bookman

SALT LAKE CITY –Former Massachusetts governor and head of the 2002 Olympic Organizing Committee Mitt Romney says President Obama is doing exactly what needs to be done by flying to Denmark to lobby for the Olympics to come to Chicago in 2016.

Romney tells ABC News that having a sitting president make a personal pitch can make an enormous difference to the 106 members of the International Olympic Committee.

“I think the people in the IOC want to understand the level of the commitment of the host country,” Romney said. “Does the host country really care? Is this going to be a high priority? And nothing says that like having the presence of the leader of that country and, particularly, the case of Barack Obama.”

-----

Or is Mitt Romney a Dem. according to the moron in the first clip?
I have to agree that anyone cheering because the US lost thousands of jobs is retarded, but not a traitor.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:53 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,866 times
republicans look stupid.... it makes no sense that they hate america so much they would rather see good paying jobs and something that will unite and lift the country go somewhere else...I have no problem losing the olympics to Rio because SA has never hosted and Brazil is on the come up...but come on...losers would be satisfied coming in last...

Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
More like a million dollars...and that may not count the cost of getting Michelle over there.

I listened to their presentations this morning and was very unimpressed. If I was on the committee they wouldn't have swayed me, they may very well have been a big turn off. Personally, I think they did a very poor job. I don't care if Chicago got it or not....but I think they went in with the wrong focus and message.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:07 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,344 times
You remember back in 2005 when New York lost their bid for the 2012 Olympics? Remember how the left cheered? Remember how we bashed Bush for it?

Remember?

Me neither.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:08 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,142 times
I don't recall that Bush put himself out there......???

Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
It really should not be an anti-Obama issue that we didn't get the Olympics. It also wouldn't be right to use it to talk about what a wonderful world leader Obama is if Chicago had gotten it. That most likely would have been played by the left that way. It's laughable to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies