Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 11:18 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,012,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You want to investigate e-mails that were deleted and no longer exist? How?
Well new stuff gets leaked every week it seems. Its certainly not far fetched to believe that the emails exist somewhere. Either in some forgotten about temporary file or archive, or some bad actors files of hacked emails. Its not easy to 100% wipe and destroy every trace of digital communications, I think we can both agree on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 11:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,985,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well new stuff gets leaked every week it seems. Its certainly not far fetched to believe that the emails exist somewhere. Either in some forgotten about temporary file or archive, or some bad actors files of hacked emails. Its not easy to 100% wipe and destroy every trace of digital communications, I think we can both agree on that.
Here's the deal. As I said several times earlier in this thread, this isn't NEW stuff. This is Assange pushing people's buttons with OLD stuff. Assange has a vendetta against the Clintons. And he's going through OLD stuff right now, cherry-picking what he thinks will work with people who hate the Clintons, and he'll release this cherry-picked collection with much fanfare. And it will trigger more responses like this thread. Because people will seize upon anything that supports their viewpoint.

I'm no exception. I don't like Trump and when the news comes out with things against Trump I eagerly read it. Some of it I dismiss. (Like the stuff about his wife. Leave his wife alone.) Some of it I find interesting and I'll research it. (Like the campaign finance stuff.) Some of it I don't have to research, because it's straight-up quotes from Trump (he says outrageous stuff so keep the media reporting on his campaign). I think Trump would be a fun person to have lunch with. He's witty, he's done so many things, seen so much of the world, he's got great stories, his bluster is entertaining. I don't think the things he's proposed for our country are good things, and I'm appalled by some of his supporters, but I also feel quite certain that if he won the election that our government's systems of checks and balances would contain him, as they contain anyone elected President.

But I think the propaganda that is unleashed against our politicians has to be answered. Propaganda must be leavened with the truth. Propaganda must be tested by logic and facts.

That's what I've tried to do.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Here's the deal. As I said several times earlier in this thread, this isn't NEW stuff. This is Assange pushing people's buttons with OLD stuff. Assange has a vendetta against the Clintons. And he's going through OLD stuff right now, cherry-picking what he thinks will work with people who hate the Clintons, and he'll release this cherry-picked collection with much fanfare. And it will trigger more responses like this thread. Because people will seize upon anything that supports their viewpoint.

I'm no exception. I don't like Trump and when the news comes out with things against Trump I eagerly read it. Some of it I dismiss. (Like the stuff about his wife. Leave his wife alone.) Some of it I find interesting and I'll research it. (Like the campaign finance stuff.) Some of it I don't have to research, because it's straight-up quotes from Trump (he says outrageous stuff so keep the media reporting on his campaign). I think Trump would be a fun person to have lunch with. He's witty, he's done so many things, seen so much of the world, he's got great stories, his bluster is entertaining. I don't think the things he's proposed for our country are good things, and I'm appalled by some of his supporters, but I also feel quite certain that if he won the election that our government's systems of checks and balances would contain him, as they contain anyone elected President.

But I think the propaganda that is unleashed against our politicians has to be answered. Propaganda must be leavened with the truth. Propaganda must be tested by logic and facts.

That's what I've tried to do.
Well see, we kind of agree again. I don't jump on the "lock her up" bandwagon, I don't jump on the "she sick" bandwagon, I don't jump on the "Trump is a racist" bandwagon or the '
hitlary' name calling, but when it comes to facts and non-propoganda, the email issue is exactly that, an issue. She has one of the lowest trust ratings (along with Trump) of any candidate, she has it for a reason. She lied about the emails, used her training as a lawyer to likely skirt facts and parse words with Comey so she didn't lie to him or the FBI, and she conveniently got rid of a ton of emails that we may never know anything about. These FACTS will not let me just sit here and blindly look past the fact that on her own email system, there was at least one account with a fake name which is suspicious regardless of who did it or why it was done until we know everything about it.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Well see, we kind of agree again. I don't jump on the "lock her up" bandwagon, I don't jump on the "she sick" bandwagon, I don't jump on the "Trump is a racist" bandwagon or the '
hitlary' name calling, but when it comes to facts and non-propoganda, the email issue is exactly that, an issue. She has one of the lowest trust ratings (along with Trump) of any candidate, she has it for a reason. She lied about the emails, used her training as a lawyer to likely skirt facts and parse words with Comey so she didn't lie to him or the FBI, and she conveniently got rid of a ton of emails that we may never know anything about. These FACTS will not let me just sit here and blindly look past the fact that on her own email system, there was at least one account with a fake name which is suspicious regardless of who did it or why it was done until we know everything about it.
I respect everything you've said in this post.

I'm still going to defend Chelsea. Simply because there's no evidence that Chelsea has done anything wrong. And without any evidence to the contrary, I see no reason for the FBI to RE-investigate the e-mails she exchanged with her mother.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I respect everything you've said in this post.

I'm still going to defend Chelsea. Simply because there's no evidence that Chelsea has done anything wrong. And without any evidence to the contrary, I see no reason for the FBI to RE-investigate the e-mails she exchanged with her mother.
But we don't know (because of Hillary's itchy delete button finger) that those were the only emails. I can't for one minute believe that she only ever exchanged emails with mom on that server, doesn't mean that any other emails were criminal, but it doesn't seem reasonable that she had an email address specifically for emailing mom.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:59 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,627,611 times
I work as a systems analyst and know a few things about IT. The server in question of hers, had someone use BleachBit software on it to scrub and forensically clean its hard drives.
You don't do that to remove information about your Yoga class or your daughter's upcoming wedding...
She has been 'Ponocchio'd' so many times I wouldn't trust her to ask her the time of day...
Despite all the evidence that will be brought out, SOME OF YOU will still VOTE FOR THIS WOMAN?????

Old 08-25-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
But we don't know (because of Hillary's itchy delete button finger) that those were the only emails. I can't for one minute believe that she only ever exchanged emails with mom on that server, doesn't mean that any other emails were criminal, but it doesn't seem reasonable that she had an email address specifically for emailing mom.
I don't understand what this has to do with anything.

Are you saying you want Chelsea Clinton to turn over all her e-mail addresses, and all the e-mails that she has archived, sent and received, to the FBI to determine if she's done anything criminal?

Why?

That kind of investigation would have to be built on some actual evidence that Chelsea had done something criminal. And there isn't any such evidence.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:05 PM

26,167 posts, read 22,339,785 times
Quote:
You want to investigate e-mails that were deleted and no longer exist? How?
Someone may have "borrowed" them before they were deleted.

Quote:
She may have destroyed them too late or had someone else do it that decided to save a copy for themselves. Imagine their value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
I work as a systems analyst and know a few things about IT. The server in question of hers, had someone use BleachBit software on it to scrub and forensically clean its hard drives.
You don't do that to remove information about your Yoga class or your daughter's upcoming wedding...
She has been 'Ponocchio'd' so many times I wouldn't trust her to ask her the time of day...
Despite all the evidence that will be brought out, SOME OF YOU will still VOTE FOR THIS WOMAN?????
Hillary couldn't have been "mistaken" about the content of those scrubbed emails could she? As I said, someone may just have gotten a copy before they were scrubbed. Also, I was thinking with "Ponocchio", that by this time, she shouldn't need someone to prop her up, just use her nose! She is so BAD.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:09 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,627,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Someone may have "borrowed" them before they were deleted.
She may have destroyed them too late or had someone else do it that decided to save a copy for themselves. Imagine their value.

Hillary couldn't have been "mistaken" about the content of those scrubbed emails could she? As I said, someone may just have gotten a copy before they were scrubbed. Also, I was thinking with "Ponocchio", that by this time, she shouldn't need someone to prop her up, just use her nose! She is so BAD.

Someday, I'll water her grave... The line may be long and the ground already wet when I get there, but someday, I'll water her grave...

Old 08-25-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I don't understand what this has to do with anything.

Are you saying you want Chelsea Clinton to turn over all her e-mail addresses, and all the e-mails that she has archived, sent and received, to the FBI to determine if she's done anything criminal?

Why?

That kind of investigation would have to be built on some actual evidence that Chelsea had done something criminal. And there isn't any such evidence.
No, I'm saying that I find it suspicious that mom deleted tons of emails that she claims were just personal. Somehow the only Chelsae/Diane emails left on the system were 100% just to mom and just about flowers? That is suspicious, considering there is one mention of Americans dying and fearing that tomorrow might be bad too, or whatever the specific language was. Was mom leaking classified info to Chelsea? I mean the list of questions about what was going on is miles long to begin with. I stand by the fact that if she had acted differently to earn even a modicum of trust, I'd give it to her, but she is worlds away from that, and unfortunately her daughter using a fake name to communicate with her just doesn't do anything to begin to erase that veil of secrecy and distrust. Those deleted email are just way too incriminating in the court of public perception which is why I'd never trust her until it is all in the open, barring any actual classified information for national security reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections