Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 11:48 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

Advertisements

Black Americans Rallying to "Presidential" Donald Trump! ⋆ The Constitution

Interesting article. More jobs with Trump but only more riots from Hillary.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:15 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,120 times
That USC thing was a survey and not a poll. He's still doing terribly with AAs, move along.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
The USC is a survey panel that asks a percentage of their panel every day how they rate their support on a scale of 1-100. In theory every person on the panel (about 2400 people) should be contacted at least once a week. Because it's new there is no real indication just how effective it will be. It does show a much closer race than pretty much every major poll but that's likely because it weights the poll by the self reported voting off the 2012 election. Which is giving it a heavier Republican leaning audience. It's also an average of the last 7 days of reporting so it wouldn't of picked up the speech the next day. So far major polls give Trump around 1-2 percent of the vote. That's likely not too far off the mark considering how little Romney and McCain got.

Last edited by ~HecateWhisperCat~; 08-20-2016 at 02:20 AM..

Old 08-20-2016, 01:49 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Black Americans Rallying to "Presidential" Donald Trump! ⋆ The Constitution

Interesting article. More jobs with Trump but only more riots from Hillary.
Those who want jobs and take personal responsibility will vote for Trump.

Those who want freebies will not.

That's true, no matter the color/hue.

/end

Old 08-20-2016, 01:56 AM

273 posts, read 349,733 times
This is a genius move by the Trump campaign. If Trump can get just 15% of the AA vote in Ohio and NC and 20% of the AA vote in PA it's game over for crooked Hillary and her Wall St. buddy Tim Kaine.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
This is a genius move by the Trump campaign. If Trump can get just 15% of the AA vote in Ohio and NC and 20% of the AA vote in PA it's game over for crooked Hillary and her Wall St. buddy Tim Kaine.
He won't.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:55 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,234,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
He won't.
Basically. I don't understand the draw of the black community to the Democratic party other than the Republicans seem to practice intolerance and preach hate; get off abortion and gay issues already they are killing the party and the country. Full control of either party is a death sentence for this country so get your crap together already. The Dems haven't done anything for their community in decades except give them money with no hope of changing their circumstances. I am all for fixing the problems facing low income communities with the money I worked hard to earn but those policies aren't put forward by either party; harsher punishments for violent and gang crimes including the death sentence would be a strong deterrent but I'm all for ending criminal's lives.

I am a wealthy white guy but I grew up very poor, drive by shootings on my neighbors were common, and got here with a high school diploma and a strong work ethic. Even I know those same opportunities that made it so I will never have to work another day in my life at 31 simply don't exist for the poorest communities in this country.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Basically. I don't understand the draw of the black community to the Democratic party other than the Republicans seem to practice intolerance and preach hate; get off abortion and gay issues already they are killing the party and the country. Full control of either party is a death sentence for this country so get your crap together already. The Dems haven't done anything for their community in decades except give them money with no hope of changing their circumstances. I am all for fixing the problems facing low income communities with the money I worked hard to earn but those policies aren't put forward by either party; harsher punishments for violent and gang crimes including the death sentence would be a strong deterrent but I'm all for ending criminal's lives.

I am a wealthy white guy but I grew up very poor, drive by shootings on my neighbors were common, and got here with a high school diploma and a strong work ethic. Even I know those same opportunities that made it so I will never have to work another day in my life at 31 simply don't exist for the poorest communities in this country.
This is why the Republicans don't win the African American vote. Because it's stuck on the belief that all of them live in the ghetto and are a static block with no upward mobility whatsoever. The idea that Donald Trump is going to sweep down and "solve their problems" is beyond laughable. It shows just how out of touch his supporters are with anyone that isn't a white american.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:08 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,234,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
This is why the Republicans don't win the African American vote. Because it's stuck on the belief that all of them live in the ghetto and are a static block with no upward mobility whatsoever. The idea that Donald Trump is going to sweep down and "solve their problems" is beyond laughable. It shows just how out of touch his supporters are with anyone that isn't a white american.
And you ignoring the facts is my entire point, there is a systemic problem and the left has done nothing to address it but that minority group still votes that way. Black poverty level in 2013 was 25.2% and in 2014 was up 1% to 26.2%. Compared to white poverty of 10% and 10.1% in the same years the black poverty rate is 12% higher than any other race group. A shocking 12% of the black population earns less than half of the poverty level, compared to 5.6% white and 4.6% non-Hispanic white. Only 51% earn more than double the poverty level, compared to 70% of whites and 75% of non-Hispanic whites. As for median income for all races was $53,657 in 2014 and for the black community is only $35,398.

White high school graduation rates are at 87%, 2013-2014 school year, while black high school graduation rates are 14% lower at 73%, the only lower group is the Native American population at 70%.

You keep thinking there isn't a problem and keep pushing that line for those votes though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections