Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 09:00 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times

Advertisements

I'll probably be mocked for this. But I feel it is important enough for me to say this.

Earlier today, before I left my office, I opened up my email. A friend of mine had emailed me this link.

Students use 'Trump' as anti-Latino taunt during basketball game - CNN.com

I know it's probably old news for some of you. But it is news to me. I never heard of this before.

I was very disturbed by this story. While I was driving home, I started crying. Yes, I cried. I found myself asking myself how did it come to this? I also thought of the movie that was based on a true story I saw called Europa Europa.

Youths are impressionable. Their sense of right and wrong hasn't been developed yet, which makes them especially vulnerable to impressions, particularly by those who have imposing voices.

Please don't vote for Trump. I don't know what else to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 09:03 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,397 times
Okay, your analysis so overwhelmed me that I too cried and now I can't vote for Trump...lol!

Old 09-06-2016, 09:09 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'll probably be mocked for this. But I feel it is important enough for me to say this.

Earlier today, before I left my office, I opened up my email. A friend of mine had emailed me this link.

I know it's probably old news for some of you. But it is news to me. I never heard of this before.

I was very disturbed by this story. While I was driving home, I started crying. Yes, I cried. I found myself asking myself how did it come to this? I also thought of the movie that was based on a true story I saw called Europa Europa.

Youths are impressionable. Their sense of right and wrong hasn't been developed yet, which makes them especially vulnerable to impressions, particularly by those who have imposing voices.

I'm not voting for Trump, or for Clinton, but you know how this happened? I'll tell you, its because Trump cant help but feign certain undertones to draw some racist voters, and the Democratic party LOVES to call the Republican party and Trump racists. They feed each other. Both parties are miserable and play on the fears and hatred of people out there. Don't mistake this as being solely because of Trump. Trump, Clinton, the Democrats, and the Republicans are all complicit here.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:22 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:

I think you said it quite well.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:25 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,046 times
Quote:

Kids do all sorts of cruel things and always have.

I would be more worried about the impression we would be making by electing a known liar and criminal into office. It's like giving a fantastic prize for being a horrible person.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:27 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times
Quote:

so you're saying that don't vote for trump because people who have nothing at all to do with trump are being idiots?

Old 09-06-2016, 09:35 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
I cry every time I think of another Clinton administration.
YES!!!

So let me get this right. You are saying you are not voting for Trump because of someone's actions? In the article it said that the school administrators shut it down. We live in a day and age where the mean girls/ bully type crap happens more than it did over 20 years ago.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:40 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:

Yeah, it's a lot worse than stealing signs, shooting cops and throwing eggs at people who just want to go to a rally. Boo hoo!

Old 09-06-2016, 09:42 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yeah, it's a lot worse than stealing signs, shooting cops and throwing eggs at people who just want to go to a rally. Boo hoo!
I was also going to throw in calling Melania Trump a prostitute.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:44 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:

Here is a trigger warning for you. People will vote for Trump. Find a safe space and ( maybe under the bed ) we will let you know when to come out. For your own protection stay away from places where voting takes place. There will be people there voting for Trump and it sounds like that will be traumatic for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections