Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:59 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times

Advertisements

Trump has a big fantasy if he thinks it will be easy to win the Florida and Ohio swing states without the help of Republican stalwarts Jeb Bush and John Kasich, respectively.

Jeb Bush says he won't vote for Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...0645_story.htm

Then this morning, the Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort shockingly attacked the popular Ohio Republican Gov. Kasich. Kasich's chief political strategist slammed back:

<<
Asked about the criticism, Mr. Weaver escalated the dispute. He not only mocked Mr. Trump’s rambling and at-times awkward introduction of Mike Pence as his running mate on Saturday, but also pointedly brought up Mr. Manafort’s history of working with contentious foreign leaders.
“Manafort’s problem, after all those years on the lam with thugs and autocrats, is that he can’t recognize principle and integrity,” Mr. Weaver wrote in an email. “I do congratulate him though on a great pivot at the start of the convention after such a successful vice-presidential launch. He has brought great professionalism, direct from Kiev, to Trump world.”>>

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/us...-rnc.html?_r=0

In response, the petulant Kasich essentially hit the Trump Ohio campaign broadside with a torpedo on tonight's NBC Nightly News. Maybe it's my imagination, but Kasich actually seems gleeful as he twists his knife into the Trump campaign in that interview.

John Kasich Tells Lester Holt that Trump Would "Have to Change Everything" for His Support - NBC News

Kasich gave Lester Holt Hillary's number one Ohio sound bite, and Kasich had to know it.

Clearly, Kasich has decided to begin his campaign for the 2020 Republican nomination today.

Kasich actually is undermining Trump's support in delegations from other states while refusing to set foot in the RNC hall in his home state.

Kasich takes backhanded shot at Trump in speech to Illinois convention delegates - Chicago Tribune

It seems like Kasich now is actively campaigning against Trump. How bizarre is this development?

Did Trump's campaign just kiss Ohio good-bye on the first day of the Cleveland convention?

Stories like this are appearing across the Buckeye state today. Brilliant politics. Not.

Donald Trump's campaign shows how not to kick off a convention: Analysis | cleveland.com

Moreover, the Trump campaign has terrified Ohio Republicans by attempting to leech onto the campaign of embattled incumbent Republican Senator Rob Portman.

<<
"It's not going to hurt us,'' Manafort said. "We said, 'Ok, you don’t want to be with us? We'll take care of the party in Ohio. We're going to work with Rob Portman, we're going to make sure Rob Portman gets re-elected, and we're going to win Ohio.''
Portman campaign spokeswoman Michawn Rich called Manafort's comments about Portman being angry with Kasich "totally false.''"Rob Portman and John Kasich are working hand in hand to defeat Ted Strickland and any suggestion otherwise is inaccurate,'' Rich said in an e-mail statement.>>

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...-must-win-ohio

Democratic negative campaign ad writers probably already are gearing up attack ads linking Portman to Trump, and hoping they can get a shot of Portman shaking Trump's hand.

And Trump supporters believe that Trump can negotiate with foreign leaders when he has managed to alienate a good chunk of the Republican leadership and their supporters?

Last edited by WRnative; 07-18-2016 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Cry baby losers who put their ego before their country and would put their own ambition before the well being of the American people. They are the past and we need not look to them for our future.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Trump has a big fantasy if he thinks it will be easy to win the Florida and Ohio swing states without the help of Republican stalwarts Jeb Bush and John Kasich, respectively.
I live here in Ohio and I have yet heard one person say

"jees, I'm going to wait to hear who Kasich is supporting, before I vote"..

Maybe you can cite examples...

Old 07-18-2016, 09:07 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
They are going to look very foolish when Trump wins!! Kasich and Bush..

Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
I never understand those voters who are actually swayed by who some other person says they are voting for.

Do people really sit there and think "yes, I was going to vote for Trump, but since Bush says he is not, I now am not going to vote for Trump also."

Talk about low information voters...

Old 07-18-2016, 09:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
And Trump supporters believe that Trump can negotiate with foreign leaders when he has managed to alienate a good chunk of the Republican leadership and their supporters?
According to Trump and his faithful, his foreign policy is simple, eff em all.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:20 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times
Default Trump may has dug his political grave today

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Cry baby losers who put their ego before their country and would put their own ambition before the well being of the American people. They are the past and we need not look to them for our future.
Or Kasich is digging Trump's grave before Trump and his supporters even know Trump's campaign is dead.

Fact: No Republican has ever been elected President without carrying Ohio.

You have to be a fifth-rate politician to antagonize a popular Ohio Republican incumbent governor political pitbull.

Trump, Ohio GOP at war as Cleveland convention begins - POLITICO

It would be shocking if Kasich, given his political pedigree, loosened his bite on Trump's neck.

My hunch is that to Trump and his advisers, Ohio is just another flyover state. Big mistake.

<< A Republican president is never elected without carrying Ohio.>>

Why Ohio Is So Key in 2016 | US News Opinion

Old 07-18-2016, 09:20 PM

416 posts, read 260,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Or just maybe they aren't interested in seeing a narcissistic, bigoted blow hard with his finger on the button.

Manafort can dismiss all those republican's who dislike the dumpster, but it will make his run for the presidency impossible to achieve.

Great post op.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:22 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
The Tea Party (paleoconservatives) are now in control, while the neocons (the liberal, Rockefeller infection) are scurrying down the mooring rope like Norway rats, and staying away (but evidently not quietly).

Old 07-18-2016, 09:24 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I live here in Ohio and I have yet heard one person say

"jees, I'm going to wait to hear who Kasich is supporting, before I vote"..

Maybe you can cite examples...
I'm in Ohio too. You are missing the point. No one is going to vote based on Kasich's endorsement, but as the OP wrote, he is giving Clinton an advertisement. One minute I am here reading threads about Trump being the best ever at uniting the party. The next it is a thread on how no one cares that Kasich and others aren't voting for Trump. You don't need a superior intellect or a degree from Trump U to realize someone is outright wrong. Is he the best ever unifier? No. Is the republican governor of the state hosting his convention supporting him? No. Would a rationale person think that odd? Yes.

If you try really hard, you will be able to piece it together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections