Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 05:11 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

I came across this short audio of Trump telling someone who asked him "Who is God to you?"

I agree with Trump's answer, it is simple and not pandering to any specific religion, just those that recognize that God is indeed "the ultimate". I like the "purity" of it, without all the strings that formalized religions bring to God.

Often when people tell me that aren't sure if there is a God, I make nearly that same basic comment to them and a light goes on and they realize they knew God's presence forever but didn't put a name on it.

Trump gets it:

WATCH – Reporter Asks Trump ‘Who Is God to You,’ His Piercing Response Blows Up the Internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 05:14 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I came across this short audio of Trump telling someone who asked him "Who is God to you?"

I agree with Trump's answer, it is simple and not pandering to any specific religion, just those that recognize that God is indeed "the ultimate". I like the "purity" of it, without all the strings that formalized religions bring to God.

Often when people tell me that aren't sure if there is a God, I make nearly that same basic comment to them and a light goes on and they realize they knew God's presence forever but didn't put a name on it.

Trump gets it:

WATCH – Reporter Asks Trump ‘Who Is God to You,’ His Piercing Response Blows Up the Internet
Just out of curiosity, are you trying to break the all time City-Data record for posting links from Angry Patriot? I strongly urge you to stop reading a blog named Angry Patriot. Unless it's about Aaron Hernandez in prison.

Mick

Old 09-06-2016, 05:23 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Its quite ridiculous really. He is clearly less religious than Kim Jung Un and Stalin who banned all religions. I think he should just be honest with us here. He could be an important figure for the rapidly growing segment who is stepping out of the closet and reject religion.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Trump gets it:

Seriously? The internet seems quite well and functioning. even trump's antics haven't blown it up yet.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:04 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Actually, Trump's response to the question had more to do with his making great deals than it did about his belief(s) about G-d. If he wanted to talk religion, he could have expounded about that a LOT more than he did.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:47 PM

734 posts, read 351,490 times
"G-d is the uitimate" Sounds like new age pandering to me.
Like he wasn't comfortable answering the question.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:01 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,577,410 times
"Who is God to you?"

Trump: "Putin"

Old 09-06-2016, 07:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
So Trump is a Muslim.
Allahu Akbar = God is the ultimate.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
"Who is God to you?"

Trump: "Trump"

Old 09-07-2016, 06:28 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
"Who is God to you?"

Trump: "Trump"
I agree. Trump thinks he is a god; and he said "me, of course, next question."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections