Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 03:26 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Right - which is my point.

Why is the OP so torn up over the kids chanting "build the wall"?
My guess is because it is hateful and ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 05:12 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Right - which is my point.

Why is the OP so torn up over the kids chanting "build the wall"?
It was directed at American citizens.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:23 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
It sounds like Dems have some educating to do, because all Trump proposes is border law enforcement (which really scares Democrats, doesn't it?).

Old 09-07-2016, 06:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
I'll probably be mocked for this. But I feel it is important enough for me to say this.

Earlier today, before I left my office, I opened up my email. A friend of mine had emailed me this link.

Students use 'Trump' as anti-Latino taunt during basketball game - CNN.com

I know it's probably old news for some of you. But it is news to me. I never heard of this before.

I was very disturbed by this story. While I was driving home, I started crying. Yes, I cried. I found myself asking myself how did it come to this? I also thought of the movie that was based on a true story I saw called Europa Europa.

Youths are impressionable. Their sense of right and wrong hasn't been developed yet, which makes them especially vulnerable to impressions, particularly by those who have imposing voices.

Please don't vote for Trump. I don't know what else to say.

You will get no mocking from me, I share your disgust over what we have become and how divided this country is right now. I use the word "class" a lot, and we are losing the class we once had. Since when do people think it is ok for a Presidential candidate to get up on a stage, in front of families, and use words that begin with F and MF ? My God, what kind of example does that set for young, impressionable children ?

Donald Trump has divided this country so badly in such a short period of time that I am sickened and saddened by it. To see those kids doing that against other kids, who have done nothing to them, is beyond belief, and I hope the nation sees that as a wake up call to stop this madness. He is on a power trip and , for some reason, some people are falling for it.

I am so fearful about the world I have left behind for my own two sons. If Trump somehow gets his way, I do not even want to begin to think of what things will be like here in America in the future.

Don

Old 09-07-2016, 06:21 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
And CHILDREN !

Don

Old 09-07-2016, 06:21 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
OP, if a news story from CNN brought you to tears and changed your opinion on who to vote into the presidency, please seek professional help. LOL.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:24 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
The OP almost made me want to vote for Trump. I am so sick of every little thing makes Americans butt hurt. These are High School Kids not 1st graders. Sporting events you cat call each other. Its normal. Big freaking deal.

What's next? Calling someone a clinton because they coughed? What will that do? Shut down a school for a week?

Old 09-07-2016, 06:26 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I'm voting for Trump. I have watched veterans, elderly and disabled American citizens go without the care they needed while illegal aliens used the emergency room at 3 times the rate of American citizens, and the illegals used it for free! I have watched neighborhoods turn 3rd world and schools 2 or 3 blocks from the state's teacher college end up with scores of 3 on a scale of 10 and 10 being the top!

I have watched illegal aliens replace American workers in factories and now, one in eight white collar jobs are held by an illegal alien.

Also, OP, what do you have to say to the friends and loved ones on this list, they were subjected to much more than "bullying":

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens

Americans FIRST! Anyone that doesn't want to support the laws of our country can haul tail out of here with the others once we start enforcing the immigration law the way it was meant to be.

Kids always find a way to bully other kids. Toughen your kids up and give them self-esteem. Now, if you are criminal, well, you should have thought twice about having kids in the first place although for an illegal alien, kids are a cash cow!

Vote for Trump, the alternative is a morally, mentally and physically incompetent candidate and will be the end of who we are as a country.

Trump/Pence to preserve our nationalism. We do not have the resources to save the world. With globalism, your job ends up being bid worldwide and if you can live on 30 cents an hour, Hillary is your gal!

Old 09-07-2016, 06:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You will get no mocking from me, I share your disgust over what we have become and how divided this country is right now. I use the word "class" a lot, and we are losing the class we once had. Since when do people think it is ok for a Presidential candidate to get up on a stage, in front of families, and use words that begin with F and MF ? My God, what kind of example does that set for young, impressionable children ?

Donald Trump has divided this country so badly in such a short period of time that I am sickened and saddened by it. To see those kids doing that against other kids, who have done nothing to them, is beyond belief, and I hope the nation sees that as a wake up call to stop this madness. He is on a power trip and , for some reason, some people are falling for it.

I am so fearful about the world I have left behind for my own two sons. If Trump somehow gets his way, I do not even want to begin to think of what things will be like here in America in the future.

Don
No it became divided under Obama, long before trump ever ran or announced he wanted to run.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:28 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
I'll probably be mocked for this. But I feel it is important enough for me to say this.

Earlier today, before I left my office, I opened up my email. A friend of mine had emailed me this link.

Students use 'Trump' as anti-Latino taunt during basketball game - CNN.com

I know it's probably old news for some of you. But it is news to me. I never heard of this before.

I was very disturbed by this story. While I was driving home, I started crying. Yes, I cried. I found myself asking myself how did it come to this? I also thought of the movie that was based on a true story I saw called Europa Europa.

Youths are impressionable. Their sense of right and wrong hasn't been developed yet, which makes them especially vulnerable to impressions, particularly by those who have imposing voices.

Please don't vote for Trump. I don't know what else to say.

Boy their perspectives in askew.
I wouldn't base my feelings on it.

Maybe keeping high level and continued corruption out of the White House maybe more importan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections