Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 07:52 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times

Advertisements

You're certainly entitled to your opinion & voting choice, but I'd rather have a candidate that is for the 100% equally, than a president who always favors all corporations & other special interest groups, no matter how many of us they make sick or injured & dead.

Nearly every issues position of the Libertarian Party is what the majority want. The Libertarian Party voting numbers are still in the double digits and should increase with the events they have planned, like the NYC rally this Sat, streaming live on the internet. Why be wary of the most honest candidate? He's served as NM governor for 8 years, often cut taxes & vetoed hundreds of items. Inherited a deficit & left a surplus.

I can only guess you had your mind made up to oppose any 3rd party candidate. Please tell me if that is incorrect. Gary is hard-working, kind, cares about the 100% equally. He's smart & creative, but doesn't create lies. He is really interested in serving the people. It is not a money or ego thing for him. He is the only candidate besides Clinton & Trump to be on the ballot in all 50 states. He's not for sale to high bidder.

If you know why anyone is "wary" of him, please let me in on this secret! Thanks & best wishes.

[quote=GravityMan;45410939) The Libertarian Party has probably erased any chance it had of hitting that 5% threshold in November. (They never had a real chance of hitting the 15% needed to qualify for the debates.) A lot of libertarians, independents and #NeverTrump Republicans were already wary of the guy.[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 08:05 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,048,411 times
That idiotic reporter ( Is that what he is?) purposely named an unknown place just to get that reaction. I'll bet that not one person in that room could have known that city. Or where it was . I'll also bet that not one of the US politicians, including obama, knows where that is. It was a set up and as usual, they media pats themselves on the back with this stupidity. This kind of baiting is why most people do not trust the media. It's time for the educated people/voters of this country to remind the media that their job is to REPORT the news, not MAKE it !

Old 09-08-2016, 08:46 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
That idiotic reporter ( Is that what he is?) purposely named an unknown place just to get that reaction. I'll bet that not one person in that room could have known that city. Or where it was . I'll also bet that not one of the US politicians, including obama, knows where that is. It was a set up and as usual, they media pats themselves on the back with this stupidity. This kind of baiting is why most people do not trust the media. It's time for the educated people/voters of this country to remind the media that their job is to REPORT the news, not MAKE it !
Seriously? You really think that no one know where Aleppo is or what has been happening there? You didn't notice the picture of the dirt covered bloody little boy in the ambulance after the airstrike that was on the front pages of all the papers and all over the media? Or any of the myriad of newstories about what has been happening there?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:53 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Seriously? You really think that no one know where Aleppo is or what has been happening there? You didn't notice the picture of the dirt covered bloody little boy in the ambulance after the airstrike that was on the front pages of all the papers and all over the media? Or any of the myriad of newstories about what has been happening there?
I'm sure that most people don't know anything about Bodrum, Turkey if thats all you ask them. However once you show them a picture of that 3 year old dead on a beach they instantly know what you are talking about. Our news cycle moves so fast, and there are so many tragedies that its impossible to keep up with them 100%

I still think its a bad situation and Johnson should have been better able to handle this question.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:03 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Way to go, Larry.

From today's Morning Joe:
Much to do about nothing. Who knows every little city in every country. I had never heard of it either. And I really don't know any reason I should have heard about it now.

No, he is not the candidate whose policies I agree with but to get so out of shape on the name of a town! I got so tired of hearing about this today.

It's not like he breached national security rules by sending classified e-mails on a personal server. He also didn't cause the problem that is going on in that country. "Why there is so much going on in that country" should be what the news is talking about. Surely there are bad things happening all over Syria.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:13 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm sure that most people don't know anything about Bodrum, Turkey if thats all you ask them. However once you show them a picture of that 3 year old dead on a beach they instantly know what you are talking about. Our news cycle moves so fast, and there are so many tragedies that its impossible to keep up with them 100%

I still think its a bad situation and Johnson should have been better able to handle this question.
I guess that I just get a bit frustrated sometimes. People will go on and on about Syrian refugees and how bad they are, but make no effort to learn about what has caused the ongoing situation and what the parts in it were played by the US and others. All they seem to know is Syrian refugees bad!

I guess that my problem is that I listen to NPR in the mornings when I walk and they do in depth news stories about things other than the election.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:17 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
That idiotic reporter ( Is that what he is?) purposely named an unknown place just to get that reaction. I'll bet that not one person in that room could have known that city. Or where it was . I'll also bet that not one of the US politicians, including obama, knows where that is.
It's funny seeing leftists claim Gary is totally unqualified to be President because he doesn't know where Aleppo is. Do these people honestly think Bernie Sanders would have known where Aleppo is either? Of course not.

Hillary can boast all she wants about knowing where Aleppo is. Obama's already killed innocent civilians there.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I guess that I just get a bit frustrated sometimes. People will go on and on about Syrian refugees and how bad they are, but make no effort to learn about what has caused the ongoing situation and what the parts in it were played by the US and others. All they seem to know is Syrian refugees bad!
Thats fine, and I understand that, but my only point is that Its crazy how a guy who didn't instantly know the name of a random town in Syria is suddenly being dismissed and being told he is disqualified to even be in the conversation when, meanwhile there are laundry lists of multiple events so much more significant than this for both Trump and Clinton. The obvious 3rd party bias is just so transparent its ridiculous.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:28 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Aleppo is hardly on the same level as a little town in Turkey.

Not knowing what/where Aleppo is reflects stunning ignorance. It's something even high school students who don't sleep through class know about.

It'd be like someone asking a question about Vienna and you not knowing that it's a city in Austria, or being unaware that Cairo is in Egypt.

Those defending this level of ignorance are really just exposing their own total lack of even basic factual knowledge about the world.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Aleppo is hardly on the same level as a little town in Turkey.

Not knowing what/where Aleppo is reflects stunning ignorance. It's something even high school students who don't sleep through class know about.

It'd be like someone asking a question about Vienna and you not knowing that it's a city in Austria, or being unaware that Cairo is in Egypt.

Those defending this level of ignorance are really just exposing their own total lack of even basic factual knowledge about the world.
You're right, I'm ignorant about the world. Excuse me while I go study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections