Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,853,606 times

Advertisements

I didn't see it, but I've heard that Lauer was weak. Doesn't surprise me. Can't expect much more from someone who's been doing fluff pieces for 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 03:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The main criticisms I have seen relate to Lauer not calling Trump out on his lies during the forum.
He approached each nominee differently and likely got the desired outcome.

Hillary came off very defensive.

Trump made more controversial remarks.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:23 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,038,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Was he unfair towards Hillary as opposed to Trump? Absolutely. He hit her with hard questions and then kept interrupting her when she tried to answer them. He hit Trump with soft questions and let him get away with outright lies and did not interrupt him. So yes he was in Trump pockets to say the least.
lolololol. Best laugh I've had today.

Lauer is an idiot, but he was fair. It was one of the most even moderation jobs in this election cycle.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Was he unfair towards Hillary as opposed to Trump? Absolutely. He hit her with hard questions and then kept interrupting her when she tried to answer them. He hit Trump with soft questions and let him get away with outright lies and did not interrupt him. So yes he was in Trump pockets to say the least.

He focused on email and ignores the foundation thing.

He let Trump talk, knowing he would go off the rails and he did.

It's funny how people tend to attack moderators instead of holding their favored candidate responsible.

I don't care for and will not vote for either nominee. I saw nothing in their performances that changed my mind.

Still can't figure out how in a country of 320 million, this is as good as it gets.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:26 PM

18,483 posts, read 15,279,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
IMO with this huge attack by the Democrats on Lauer it is clear they are already setting the ground game for the moderators of the debates to not ask Hillary any questions on the emails. Clinton Foundation or anything about her record unless it is positive and to protect her as much as possible
I was thinking the same thing.

That, and the fact that the media has such a left leaning bias, they have created a bubble that left leaning people live inside, where anyone breaking from the bias and actually doing fair reporting is seen as UNfair, and right leaning.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
This is how it will be people. If Hillary gets in you will not have the right to ask questions without being accused of being sexist. Who didn't see this one coming lol. As if she needs another excuse on top of claiming ignorance.

It's easy, we've had 8 years where if you didn't like Obama's policies, dared to question him, liberals scream racist. Just replace racist with sexist.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:32 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,894,571 times
Default Waking Up!

Quote:
he is getting a huge amount of hate from Clinton supporters who say he was unfairly harsh or even sexist in his questioning of her

just do a search to see numerous articles about it

https://www.google.com/#q=matt+lauer&tbm=nws
Mat did well in presenting tough questions. The difference is Clinton looked acted insulted as the questions got tough. while Trump engages with the audience .

Just maybe a some true News Professional come out of this election and reporting the facts, not feelings!

Old 09-09-2016, 03:37 PM

25,857 posts, read 16,560,676 times
Quote:
he is getting a huge amount of hate from Clinton supporters who say he was unfairly harsh or even sexist in his questioning of her

just do a search to see numerous articles about it

https://www.google.com/#q=matt+lauer&tbm=nws
LOL, he's as liberal as they come. Wow, he's feeling the full weight of the propaganda machine for not kissing her butt. I hope he never tries to be an objective journalist ever again. He'll be looking for a real paying job when that happens.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:43 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Would you agree to a chris matthews style interview of hillary?

Old 09-09-2016, 05:45 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes he was tougher on Clinton, out of a 30 minute interview spent 10 minutes on emails. Went really easy on Trump, very few challenges and follow-up. He actually stated his plan to defeat ISIS was a secret, and he was against the war in Iraq.
How about you, would you agree to a chris mattews type interview with hillary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections