Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else find this strange? Apparently Matt Lauer had been getting criticized for helping to "get rid of" Ann Curry from the show she used to cohost with him. Now, other people on the show (a year later) are suddenly writing a letter in support of him? To me, it seems like a big childish thing of ALL of them. Ann Curry seems like the only mature one of the bunch when I compare her to Lauer, Kathie Gifford, Al Roker, etc. They seem like a bunch of clowns in comparison. Gifford and Roker are practically professional ones as it is.

Writing a letter? It's almost like a child's mother writing a letter to the football captain for not allowing her son to play football, and telling him what a "sweet boy" her son really is. I can't take this kind of thing seriously from people like this.

What do you think of all this?

'Today' team supports Matt Lauer with letter - MSN TV News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,475,265 times
Ann was my favorite as well. I find the show to be very juvenile now and especially irritating in the morning. I agree with you about it being childish. Recently I read about a book coming out written by someone behind the scenes detailing how badly they treated Ann so I expect this letter is a way to soften what was revealed in it. I have no respect for the show at this point.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:53 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
They are both good at what they do, so I am not really taking sides. But I think it's all kind of funny how they have been handling it after the fact.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
People still watch Today?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:25 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
When I first read your post I was thinking to myself I bet some stupid NBC manager made this happen and then I read the article and it was Kathie Lee Gifford's handiwork. Kathie Lee Gifford. BWAH! This is like a middle school activity on the set of Today.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
The Today Show went down the tube years ago in my opinion. And the bottom feeder Kathie Lee Gifford is just that. She suck's up to everybody and expect's everyone to suck up to her. She's such a fraud and any show she's on I immediately switch channels. She and Regis made an equally fine suck-up pair.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM

171 posts, read 325,679 times
I take Kathy Lee Gifford about as seriously as I take Joan Rivers.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
Just an FYI, the reason this is all coming out a year later is because there is a book coming out that talks about alleged bullying Curry took before her ousting. I dont know how true or false any of it is, but that is why it is happening now.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:09 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,585,281 times
First I'll say I was never a fan of Ann Curry, but I don't see how or why they bullied her because she became the host. What about all those years she was at the side desk? Why did her becoming a host cause problems all of a sudden?

Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,097 times
Matt Lauer has taken a beating lately, and his image has been affected by all the turmoil.

I dont think any of us know what truly went on behind the scenes. I like Ann Curry----she is a solid professional and will rally back from this and go on to future success.

I feel sorry for Ann Curry----yet I dont want to really castigate anyone here for what happenned. We can comment on Matt Lauers role in all this, yet remember he has made a very valuable contribution to the Today show for many years. He is an outstanding interviewer and has kept the show flowing over the years.

Todays ratings have been plummeting for the last few years, and chemistry has been a problem. I feel badly for Ann Curry if she was part of a palace revolt. That being said, I think it is best to reserve comment on Matt Lauers role in all of this at this time. There will be more revealing information on this situation down the road, and at that time it will be a little more concise as to what happenned.

This whole matter could have been handled better by everybody----nbc, Lauer, the press ect....
I am not going out of my way to defend Matt Lauer, but lets wait before targeting him.

Last edited by jefffla01; 04-27-2013 at 12:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV