Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 05:53 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times

Advertisements

Mike Pence Facing Heat for Declining to Call David Duke 'Deplorable'

If the KKK isn't deplorable, then what is?

Hillary Clinton: "If you won’t say the KKK is deplorable, you have no business running the country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 05:58 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,132,993 times
What's deplorable? Easy, Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party. I thought everyone already knew that.

Personally, I don't think a political candidate should call any person they would be representing "deplorable". Hillary needs to take her "deplorable" comments and questions and stick them in her diaper with the rest of her horse poopy!

So, I guess she is still with us.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:59 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
@Misanthrope83: Communists? It's the GOP candidate that's sucking up to Putin -- who wants to rebuild the USSR -- not the Democrats.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:00 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times
And hil gushed over her "reformed" former KKK "mentor" byrd as an old man at 83 still using an ugly racist word in an interview(it's all over youtube), the "N" word, during his supposed "reformed" racist klan years. What a slime bucket. This is the man clinton says she admires/her "mentor", "a man of surpassing eloquence and nobility." as clinton is quoted as saying.

Sen. Byrd Apologizes for Racial Epithet - ABC News

Perhaps time to get off the tired topic OP of KKK/white supremicts/race games given hil hil's view on the matter of her former kkk buddy byrd and her choice statements over the years that were seen as racist by many?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:01 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Is that like Kaine refusing to call Hillary deplorable?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:01 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Hillary was right, Nutty Don is looking for the Alt-right vote. Mike Pence better hope he and Nutty Don win, as his political career is over if not

Old 09-12-2016, 06:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Is David Duke still involved with the KKK?

She certainly didn't use the word "deplorable" when this happened.

Flashback: Hillary Clinton Praised Former KKK Member Robert Byrd as 'Friend and Mentor'

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Is David Duke still involved with the KKK?

She certainly didn't use the word "deplorable" when this happened.

Flashback: Hillary Clinton Praised Former KKK Member Robert Byrd as 'Friend and Mentor'

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.
It's also true that Robert Byrd was a member of the Ku Klux Klan in the 1940s and helped establish the hate group's chapter in Sophia, West Virginia. However, in 1952 Byrd avowed that "After about a year, I became disinterested [in the KKK], quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization," and throughout his long political career (he served for 57 years in the United States Congress) he repeatedly apologized for his involvement with the KKK:
"I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."
Second, while David Duke is no longer a member of the Ku Klux Klan, he is still an active member of another white supremacist organization, NAAWP: the National Association for the Advancement of White People. Duke, a prominent Holocaust denier (although he describes himself as a "Holocaust exposer"), also has a more-than-passing interest in politics: the former member of the Louisiana House of Representatives has run for the U.S. Senate, governor of Louisiana, and President of the United States. Duke has spent his life founding and supporting various white nationalist and white supremacist groups, while Byrd, by contrast, spent the majority of his life publicly disavowing and repeatedly apologizing for hisearly KKK affiliation.

See the difference?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:12 PM

465 posts, read 257,098 times
: peeks in:

Nothing to see here but the usual suspects defending the indefensible by deflecting, and refusing to address the actual topic...

Old 09-12-2016, 06:13 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,897,485 times
Indiana has a long history with the Klan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections