Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 07:38 AM

20,175 posts, read 9,700,951 times

Advertisements

1. If you were leaning toward voting for Hillary two weeks ago, are you still leaning toward voting for her after her collapse this past Sunday, 9/11?

2. If you have changed your mind about voting for Hillary, are you now leaning toward (1) voting for Donald, (2) voting for a third-party or write-in candidate -- and, if so, which one? -- or (3) not voting at all?

(Personally, I am definitely more undecided now than I was before, although there is still no way I can see myself voting for Trump.)

Last edited by katharsis; 09-13-2016 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Added write-in candidate option. (Thanks, Mr. Zero!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:43 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,019,066 times
I'm unaffiliated and have never given any serious thought to Clinton or Trump, they are dangerous and laughable. I'll be voting third party, specifically Gary Johnson.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:47 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,089,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
1. If you were leaning toward voting for Hillary two weeks ago, are you still leaning toward voting for her after her collapse this past Sunday, 9/11?

2. If you have changed your mind about voting for Hillary, are you now leaning toward voting for Donald, voting for a third-party candidate -- and, if so, which one? -- or not voting at all?

(Personally, I am definitely more undecided now than I was before, although there is still no way I can see myself voting for Trump.)
Clinton probably has walking pneumonia. I've known other people with that, and they eventually recover. It's a non-factor to me.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:47 AM

4,664 posts, read 4,581,749 times
I was a registered Republican for over 20 years, until I switched to unaffiliated a few months ago. Hillary isn't my ideal candidate, but I will still either vote for her or cast a write-in vote.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,019,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Clinton probably has walking pneumonia. I've known other people with that, and they eventually recover. It's a non-factor to me.
I'm not worried about her health, I'm worried that the only way to get the truth out of her on anything is via congressional subpoena or near death experience. She has a significant problem with the truth, and with believing that she is somehow above the law, and now we want to hand over the most powerful position in the world to her? Imagine the things she will be burying and not telling us about.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:08 AM

6,844 posts, read 14,113,127 times
Either Clinton or Trump will our next POTUS. I am not a fan of either but they are the only valid choices. I want dispute Clinton being corrupt and a liar. Despite advisers cleaning up Trump he is who we think he is. I feel confident in what I will get in Clinton on the other hand Trump is a total wildcard. I don't expect Trump to be a political expert but he has refused to even study the issues. Clinton health is not a concern to me. Hell Bush Sr. threw up in someones lap. I may not agree with Clinton's approach to the job but I can say she is qualified to do it. Trump has not proved to me that he has the knowledge to do the job. He sees himself has a dictator and for that reason I cannot vote for him. I will vote for Clinton this election. Just maybe the pubs can get it together by 2020. The found someone even worse than Clinton and that is a tall order.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:12 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Either Clinton or Trump will our next POTUS. I am not a fan of either but they are the only valid choices. I want dispute Clinton being corrupt and a liar. Despite advisers cleaning up Trump he is who we think he is. I feel confident in what I will get in Clinton on the other hand Trump is a total wildcard. I don't expect Trump to be a political expert but he has refused to even study the issues. Clinton health is not a concern to me. Hell Bush Sr. threw up in someones lap. I may not agree with Clinton's approach to the job but I can say she is qualified to do it. Trump has not proved to me that he has the knowledge to do the job. He sees himself has a dictator and for that reason I cannot vote for him. I will vote for Clinton this election. Just maybe the pubs can get it together by 2020. The found someone even worse than Clinton and that is a tall order.
Yes you know what you are going to get. Corruption and lies as you note. I don't think I would admit something like this myself. Voting for her behind a curtain of secrecy is one thing but admitting you are willing to vote for corruption and lies is another.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:34 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,903,645 times
To vote for Trump is a choice that will have horrid implications with relation to the Supreme Court. Not saying anything to the fact he is a racist misogynist that has done a horrific job with his own businesses, including cheating those he contracted services with. Do we want to look into his bribery? His phony charities. there is so much that is to see with this one.

While I like Jill Stein's policies she has ZERO chance of being elected. She has not even gotten on all the ballots in all the states. She has one job she makes money at, running for office unsuccessfully. When she can't get herself on the ballots do you really think she can run a country?

Gary Johnson soft peddles his nonsense, but with a little digging you have that they want a 23.5% sales tax vs income tax - this is an unfair burden on the lower income people. They also want everything privatized, schools, roads, Social Security, health care and so forth. they want to eliminate most of government which would leave it ineffective at handling the threats we have. As we have seen privatization with the prisons has not worked at all. can you imagine Wall Street with their hands on the trillion dollar social security account? That is a disaster waiting to happen.

That leaves Sec Clinton as the only reasonable choice. Mind you I wish it were Bernie, but it isn't. For The republicans to wage a war on her for 30 years trying to make everything stick, white water, Benghazi, email, she is untrustworthy and so forth, she must be doing something right to irritate so many. I realized long ago if it was a story about the Clinton's it was likely made up in order to tarnish them.

Now what I have aid will outrage the many haters on this site that are ignorant enough to use Fox as a news source or the right wing conspiracy sites, of which there are many. I suggest a look at the BBC, as they don't have a dog in the race, or the AP, or Aljezera or some of the few reputable news sources... I clearly leave out MSNBC, CNN, the New York Papers, and Breitbart who all disgrace themselves daily with the coverage they provide, News it is not.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:43 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Now what I have aid will outrage the many haters on this site that are ignorant enough to use Fox as a news source or the right wing conspiracy sites, of which there are many. I suggest a look at the BBC, as they don't have a dog in the race, or the AP, or Aljezera or some of the few reputable news sources... I clearly leave out MSNBC, CNN, the New York Papers, and Breitbart who all disgrace themselves daily with the coverage they provide, News it is not.
Americans don’t know what Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton would do to respond to Syria’s civil war, less than three months from Election Day, said Julie Pace, chief White House correspondent for the Associated Press.

"If you are a voter in this election and you look at that picture of that little boy and you feel sick to your stomach, like most of us do, you should look at your presidential candidates and demand a plan," Pace said Aug. 21 Fox News Sunday. "Neither Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump have a plan for addressing the civil war in Syria."

AP's Julie Pace: Neither Trump nor Clinton has plan to address Syrian civil war | PunditFact

On the other hand is Hillary Clinton, arguably a war criminal, destroyer of nations, from Honduras to Iraq to Libya, champion of environmental devastation, and holder of the title "America's most corrupt politician in 2015".

What US elections should look like in a real democracy - Al Jazeera English

The BBC is owned and operated by the British government, a propaganda tool masquerading as a legitimate news, information and analysis media outlet.

What’s most important for people to know, BBC and its Western counterparts systematically suppress, substituting state-approved propaganda - serving their governments’ interests.

- See more at: BBC Reinvented History of War in Syria

Old 09-13-2016, 08:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,801,710 times
I'll vote for Clinton if she has pneumonia, Parkinson's and epilepsy and is an alcoholic who wears a catheter and a knee brace.

If she has a pulse on November 8, she gets my vote.

That may give you an idea of what I think of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections