Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 08:45 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
No, no law. But Americans expect, when choosing one of their economic betters to lead them, that he will lead partly through his personal example of his good works. So, we've come to expect to see that wealthy people (and DT DOES play one on TV, at least) who want our respect are generous givers to worthy charitable causes. The issue is out there and on peoples minds this election season. And yet, DT refuses to give us any hard data on a )his personal giving b) more than a suspicious hint or two about his foundation's giving and c) he refuses to divulge any information about his tax burden. So, we don't know, and are starting to think that he might not, a) pay any taxes and b) has no need of tax deductions and doesn't donate to any tax deductible charities.
Now see I don't. I don't worry about who gives to charity and who doesn't. It really isn't any of my business. I give to several. Guess what? They are fairly unknowns. I bring this up because another poster made that distinction.
What I expect from candidates is the desire to put America and Americans first. That eliminated Hillary by itself. Hillary is for Hillary. Worse still her position on illegals? No way. Her position on more refugees from regions who openly hate the USA? No way.
Hillary is a liar and a thief demonstrated by her actions.
Trump.. Not my candidate. I agree with him on some things, but not his solutions. We don't need a billion dollar wall. We need law enforcement and laws that have some teeth.
600+ billion spent on defense. Trump wants to spend more. Nope. We don't need another 14 billion dollar carrier. We need to actually use our military for our own defense instead of everybody elses.
Back to charity. I think it strange that anyone would need to know how anyone else does charity. Just as I think it strange that folks need to see another person's tax return. Be honest if a stranger demanded to see your tax return you wouldn't feel warm and fuzzy about it. If a stranger demanded to know what your charities were. You would feel at least a little imposed upon. I know that I wouldn't like it.
You say Americans expect it? Maybe Americans expect the wrong things? Maybe we should expect honesty and integrity instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 08:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Ok; how much of his money has Trump given to charity? Total? Broken down to which charity? Ever even heard of any of them?
The worst part of his stinginess when it comes to charity is his phoniness about it.

He pretends and boasts that he gives hundreds of thousands to charity but actually gives only to the needy Trump family.

He speaks at charity fundraisers to give the impression he is donating to the charity, but doesn't.

The press cannot let him off the hook on this, even if the cult gives him a pass on this, as they do on all of his sleazy dealings.

He is a yuge phony and liar.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:11 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Well, maybe that's why Trump doesn't want to show his taxes. That's a big red flag...

Old 09-17-2016, 09:12 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
No, no law. But Americans expect, when choosing one of their economic betters to lead them, that he will lead partly through his personal example of his good works. So, we've come to expect to see that wealthy people (and DT DOES play one on TV, at least) who want our respect are generous givers to worthy charitable causes. The issue is out there and on peoples minds this election season. And yet, DT refuses to give us any hard data on a )his personal giving b) more than a suspicious hint or two about his foundation's giving and c) he refuses to divulge any information about his tax burden. So, we don't know, and are starting to think that he might not, a) pay any taxes and b) has no need of tax deductions and doesn't donate to any tax deductible charities.

BULL manure......

Biden gave average of $369 to charity a year - ABC News

Quote:
Over the decade, the Bidens reported a total of $3,690 in charitable donations, or 0.2% of their income.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:16 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Well, maybe that's why Trump doesn't want to show his taxes. That's a big red flag...
A big red flag for who? I don't care if he personally gave a billion or $500 to charity.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:23 AM

For those who have no clue about how many charities are actually out there....
Here is the CFC, about 114 pages with approx. 45 charities per page....do you know them all?

http://d1laeornwwf0to.cloudfront.net...+of+Caring.pdf

Old 09-17-2016, 09:51 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,183 times
Default Let's review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
For those who have no clue about how many charities are actually out there....
Here is the CFC, about 114 pages with approx. 45 charities per page....do you know them all?

http://d1laeornwwf0to.cloudfront.net...+of+Caring.pdf
You're right: the Tea Party has "weaponized" charitable giving over the last few years, making it hard to tell a worthy charity from a nutjob "thinktank" with a tax deductuctable clause. THAT'S what all the phoney IRS scandal was about; them doing their job looking for politically motivated tax cheats.
So yeah, there are a LOT of charities out there that aren't worth spit.

The simpler and more equitable thing to do, by far, would be to tax fairly and support demonstrated need. But I don't want to get anyone all riled up this morning.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
You're right: the Tea Party has "weaponized" charitable giving over the last few years, making it hard to tell a worthy charity from a nutjob "thinktank" with a tax deductuctable clause. THAT'S what all the phoney IRS scandal was about; them doing their job looking for politically motivated tax cheats.
So yeah, there are a LOT of charities out there that aren't worth spit.

The simpler and more equitable thing to do, by far, would be to tax fairly and support demonstrated need. But I don't want to get anyone all riled up this morning.

LOL, were people fired because of that "scandal"? And were any removed because of this?

I'll wait, you're not riling up anyone but your fellow lefties....

So, lets review why the IRS is in a class action law suit over this: "The tax agency filed the list last month as part of a court case after a series of federal judges, fed up with what they said was the agency’s stonewalling, ordered it to get a move on"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...targeted-for-/

Old 09-17-2016, 11:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
So, as I read it, the Trump Foundation has given away 17,000 dollars total to three little "charities" you've never heard of. The foundation gets its money from donors, not from the man who named it. And we have no record of DT having given away ANY of his money, ever.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-what-we-know/

Anybody have any facts that say different?
would you like to tell us how much Obama gives? I have no idea how much Trump has given and though I think it is cheap and horrible when people do not help the needy, but I don't vote based on how much I like or dislike someone's personal life, I vote on what they are telling us they will try and do. At least in his case we might have a fighting chance. I don't know.

Let's face it, no one is voting for Trump because they think he is a lovable, caring Teddy bear.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:01 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,239 times
I wonder if the OP will show us how much they give to charity? Before I pay any attention to their posts or give them any credibility on BS topics like this, I think we have a right to know.

God but these people are getting absolutely insane with the topics they're told to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections