Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 01:50 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times

Advertisements

Of course, it's perfectly OK to pander to the belief, common among the lower ranks of the Democrats' "captive clientele" that "rich Republican billionaires" have a huge stash of cash in vaults somewhere, which "Bernie" Sanders and Co. could easily seize and redistribute.

In fact, most of the wealth that the Democrats have taught their Pavlovian clientele to envy is in the hands of tax-exempt institutions. So any tax burden created by the Lefties will wind up in the laps of struggling, upward-mobility-seeking two-career families -- a lot of whom are wise to the shell game pushed by the Cult of the Jackass (but can't do much about it because they're outnumbered by Obama's and the Clintons' legions).

Both sides have pointing, grunting embarrassments within their fold; the difference is that the crew in Left Field has much better access to the machinery and numbers necessary to carry out their fantasies (Or at least, make it appear so).

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-21-2016 at 02:06 PM..

Old 09-21-2016, 03:00 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
oh, you know what, i wasn't thinking along those lines, i was just thinking he was saying that obama had a hand in the conspiracy and obama being in office wasn't really a factor. Yeah, that's pretty out there, it gives real conspiracy theorists a bad name, even conspiracy theorists won't suggest obama was at fault or even partially at fault for 9.11
Then can we agree the guy is a dope?

Old 09-21-2016, 03:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
And there are a bunch of youtube videos of Hillary supporters agreeing with Trump policies when they are told they are Hillary's. Low information voters abound.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:53 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I really can't say what I want to say, but again, the poster above is another example of what I was talking about regarding Trump' success.

Swindled.
Swindle is the middle name of the CON MAN. Deplorables are backing the right candidate.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:06 PM

734 posts, read 351,845 times
What about the guy who said Bill Clinton has AIDS and got it from fooling around with Magic Johnson? AIDS, who knows, but getting it from Magic Johnson?!

Yeah there are low-info voters on both sides. Very sad.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:56 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow
This has nothing to do with a theory about 9/11. That moronic Trump supporter apparently thinks Barack Obama was president in 2001. That's ignorance at an unprecedented level.

No wonder Trump loves the uneducated.
Just because he wasnt president @ the time doesnt mean he didnt have anything to do with 9.11!! (He was still very much in the picture)

Obama/Osama -- Doesnt that seem strange to you?? (Some say they are THE SAME PERSON and "Osama" didnt ever exist)

"Osama" was just created to create fear amoung the american people.... (Allowing them to advance thier agendas)

Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
there's plenty of theories on 9.11, there is also a lot of unanswered questions, the 9/11 debate is a completely different thread for a different time, we can debate 9/11 if you want, but it seems like you're just accepting the official story as set in stone, some people aren't just accepting what they're told.
Did you watch the video? It's not a "theory" that Obama was or was not POTUS during 9-11, he wasn't. That's not an unanswered question, it's a fact. Further, the nitwits who insist that there is a difference between two identical photos of Clinton, one supposedly being a body double. Moron city. Good God, the stupid is deep with these people.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:44 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It scares the crap out of me and I'm a combat veteran. To realize that there is a sizable segment of the population who are so grossly misinformed and their conclusions are so totally wrong, yet set in cement, scares me. The spookiest part is what are these people going to do when Trump loses the election? Riot, do an armed march on Washington? Start hanging politicians on sight?
These people are creepy dangerous.
The only thing that scares me more is what these people will do if Trump wins the election. Will it be payback time for all the years they had to sit on their hands under Obama? Will it be open season on liberals and progressives? Will they set fire to all the houses of worship that aren't Christian? Will there be roaming bands of young, out of work Trumpsters, beating the crap out of anybody not making America Great Again? Will they send all progressives to reeducation camps?
The possibilities are too bleak to contemplate.
I find comments spouting such misinformed nonsense a lot scarier than any twisted scenario dreamed up by the "never Trump" crowd.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:32 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And there are a bunch of youtube videos of Hillary supporters agreeing with Trump policies when they are told they are Hillary's. Low information voters abound.
Absolutely true. Lots of people go and vote with no information whatsoever. Seems that this is more common among the Trump devotees, though. When you look at the demographics of Clinton supporting states versus Trump supporting states, it's no coincidence that the most poorly educated areas are in the Trump camp. Most highly educated states are strongly Clinton.

I posted this a while back but a good time to show it again.

Here's a list of the 15 states most solidly behind Trump (in order of support) and their education rank (out of 50).

1) Wyoming 38th
2) North Dakota 48th
3) West Virginia 49th
4) Oklahoma 44rd
5) Kentucky 32rd
6) Alabama 40th
7) Idaho 42cd
8) Tennessee 39th
9) Indiana 37th
10) Louisiana 47th
11) South Dakota 45th
12) Montana 36th
13) Arkansas 50th
12) Kansas 18th
13) Utah 26th
14) Nebraska 29th
15) Montana 36th

Here's a list of the 15 states most solidly behind Clinton (in order of support) and their education rank (out of 50).

1) Maryland 2cd
2) Hawaii 20th
3) Vermont 6th
4) California 14th
5) Massachusetts 1st
6) New York 5th
7) Oregon 15th
8) Washington 13th
9) New Jersey 7th
10) Illinois 9th
11) Delaware 11th
12) New Mexico 16th
13) Connecticut 3rd
14) Rhode Island 10th
15) New Hampshire 12th

Old 09-22-2016, 06:21 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It scares the crap out of me and I'm a combat veteran. To realize that there is a sizable segment of the population who are so grossly misinformed and their conclusions are so totally wrong, yet set in cement, scares me. The spookiest part is what are these people going to do when Trump loses the election? Riot, do an armed march on Washington? Start hanging politicians on sight?
These people are creepy dangerous.
The only thing that scares me more is what these people will do if Trump wins the election. Will it be payback time for all the years they had to sit on their hands under Obama? Will it be open season on liberals and progressives? Will they set fire to all the houses of worship that aren't Christian? Will there be roaming bands of young, out of work Trumpsters, beating the crap out of anybody not making America Great Again? Will they send all progressives to reeducation camps?
The possibilities are too bleak to contemplate.
First of all, thank you for your service to our nation. I have nothing but the greatest respect for our military, and especially those that are combat veterans. I value their opinions more than anyone else during this election year - for example, the speech that General John Allen made at the Democratic convention. If you have not seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYuH5fKUn_0

I share your fears; right now, this country is divided in ways that we have not seen since the Civil War. We have never had this level of intolerance of opposing opinions; when does it cross the line from some anonymous confrontation on a blog/forum/Twitter to real violence? I think there are some darker days to come for us regardless of the outcome of the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.