Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Trump's tax situation effect your vote?
Yes 26 27.08%
No 68 70.83%
Not sure 2 2.08%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 02:41 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He is a smart business man.
A smart business man does not lose a billion in one yr and have like 6 or so your business fail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 02:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
A smart business man does not lose a billion in one yr and have like 6 or so your business fail
But a grifter might con his other company to buy all the failing companies at a price he set while he collected millions in salary and claimed the paper loss as real tax deductions for up to 18 years.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...proportions--2

Old 10-04-2016, 02:57 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
For all of you criticizing Trump and his taxes and finances, I just have this to say: when you have built an empire like his, have had the same ups and downs in business, and have earned/made/lost/and still have as much money as he does, then I'll listen to you.

Until then y'all are just blowing a lot of hot air.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:57 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
It was pointed out to me yesterday, that Trump actually transferred that debt from his business loss to his personal income tax report. Marla's name was on that report..so it wasn't Business only losses! How does a Corporation transfer their business losses to personal losses for income tax purposes? In do so..he also benefited by those losses Corporate wise would only benefit @ 30% ..while personal tax obligation gets lowered to just over half that amount!

Quote:
Because of provisions in the tax code that allow wealthy individuals to offset their personal income with losses in various partnerships and business ventures, Trump could have used his losses in 1995 to avoid incurring tax liabilities on as many as three years of prior and 15 years of future profits.
^^^^^

http://www.kshb.com/news/national/tr...95-report-says

Willing to bet his Accounting fee's are UUGE..but his Legal fees have only been a few hundred dollars for that past decades! It's not a wonder the proper paperwork wasn't done properly to allow his Trump Foundation to soliciting funds~~ It appears that the exposure of Trump's usage of those donations for personal gain uncovered the deception that's been going on for almost a decade! Sure it's political, BUT it's only political because his deceitful usage of Foundation piggy bank has been going on for years. Pay out other's people's $$$ for his personal use. I wouldn't call that smart much less genius. I call it a Deceit and since he claims he's a genius..HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!

Quote:
According to The Washington Post, the Trump Foundation — despite “subsisting entirely” on donations running back to 2008 — never “registered under article 7A of New York’s Executive Law, as is required for any charity soliciting more than $25,000 per year from the public.”
^^^^^^^

Read more: NY AG Sends Donald Trump Foundation Cease And Desist Order | The Daily Caller

Last edited by Lyndarn; 10-04-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 10-04-2016, 03:01 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Yes, like not paying his contractors and suing them if they complain. Hey, let's all not pay taxes, sound good?
This is what really cracks me up about about these guys saying, "well we all get all the tax breaks we can get, right"? As if they are satisfied with their puny mortgage deduction or whatever. They appear to be perfectly willing to pay federal taxes to cover the golden hindquarters of Donald Trump and the billionaire class.

Once up a time we worried about "no taxation without representation". Elect Mr. Trump and you can be assured that we will be right back there again, because I can guarantee that he will not be representing you if you make less than $1B a year. The bizarre part is that even when his supporters are presented with these facts, they do not see a problem with it. Somehow they think that that since the billionaire class is smart enough, and wealthy enough to take advantage of a tax code that is biased toward them, that is somehow admirable. They are perfectly happy to vote for a guy that will continue to enhance the ability of the billionaire class to fleece them.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:16 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
This is what really cracks me up about about these guys saying, "well we all get all the tax breaks we can get, right"? As if they are satisfied with their puny mortgage deduction or whatever. They appear to be perfectly willing to pay federal taxes to cover the golden hindquarters of Donald Trump and the billionaire class.

Once up a time we worried about "no taxation without representation". Elect Mr. Trump and you can be assured that we will be right back there again, because I can guarantee that he will not be representing you if you make less than $1B a year. The bizarre part is that even when his supporters are presented with these facts, they do not see a problem with it. Somehow they think that that since the billionaire class is smart enough, and wealthy enough to take advantage of a tax code that is biased toward them, that is somehow admirable. They are perfectly happy to vote for a guy that will continue to enhance the ability of the billionaire class to fleece them.
Exactly and his own tax plan makes that clear.

Donald Trump’s tax plan now favors the ultra-rich even more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ich-even-more/

Old 10-04-2016, 05:17 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,901,614 times
Quote:
I disagree. It's a simple question, does Trump have more or less then when he first started and how much is that amount. Trump has grown his millions he borrowed and inherited from his father and turn it into billions. Sure he has had major setbacks, but the $900~ million he lost isn't even a quarter of his networth. He survived his downturns and came back.

I don't agree with all of Trump business tactics, I do believe some are downright wrong and he has screwed people over. The number of lawsuits the man has been in is enormous, even for a major developer. The number of contractors, employees, and even staff on his campaign that have said he screwed them is a very long list.

Trump is a smart man, but his entire focus has been his own gain. He doesn't care about anyone else but himself and his stockholders. He is not someone I want to be president.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:11 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,487,406 times
Whatever you, or anyone else thinks about The Donald's tax machinations, it appears the IRS has been crawling through his finances, and likely has been for decades. (Hint: want to draw an audit, try to take a billion dollar write off.) If they found anything criminal, we would have heard about it, likely long before he ran for president.

And if it all was legal, what responsibility does anyone have to not use this county's byzantine tax code to there maximum advantage? None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
It was pointed out to me yesterday, that Trump actually transferred that debt from his business loss to his personal income tax report. Marla's name was on that report..so it wasn't Business only losses! How does a Corporation transfer their business losses to personal losses for income tax purposes? In do so..he also benefited by those losses Corporate wise would only benefit @ 30% ..while personal tax obligation gets lowered to just over half that amount!

^^^^^

Trump reported $915 million loss in 1995, report says - + KSHB.com

Willing to bet his Accounting fee's are UUGE..but his Legal fees have only been a few hundred dollars for that past decades! It's not a wonder the proper paperwork wasn't done properly to allow his Trump Foundation to soliciting funds~~ It appears that the exposure of Trump's usage of those donations for personal gain uncovered the deception that's been going on for almost a decade! Sure it's political, BUT it's only political because his deceitful usage of Foundation piggy bank has been going on for years. Pay out other's people's $$$ for his personal use. I wouldn't call that smart much less genius. I call it a Deceit and since he claims he's a genius..HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections