Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 11:40 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That would appear on a business return, not a personal one.. His personal returns would include just income from the businesses, not debt, because debt remains at the business level, and income densest transfer, unless the owner wishes it to occur.
I've filed personal returns and had to list who I was repaying loans to, no business involved.

And on a personal return, wouldn't the amount of loss claimed be limited to no more than the income claimed?. Isn't business loss claimed on the business return?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 11:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't think their net worth is as high as you think it is.

Hillary - 30-50 million Hillary Clinton Net Worth 2016 | Salary

That source does not have a comparable page for Bill, but here's what they do say - How Much Money Does Bill Clinton Make From Giving Speeches?

Let's be generous, and assume his net worth is twice hers, because he can charge more for his appearances.

Yes, that's a lot of money. But nobody thinks it's more than Trump's net worth.
The Clintons estimated net worth is all over the place, just like Trumps..

proof positive that the excuse that releasing tax returns proves ones net worth utterly ridiculous.

We have decades of the Clintons tax returns, it has provided absolutely nothing of value..

Old 10-05-2016, 11:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I've filed personal returns and had to list who I was repaying loans to, no business involved.
Are you really comparing your personal tax returns, to that of Trumps, a man who ownes an estimated 500 businesses?
Quote:
And on a personal return, wouldn't the amount of loss claimed be limited to no more than the income claimed?. Isn't business loss claimed on the business return?
no, one could claim a loss on one business which has absolutely no relevance to the income of antoher business. A business loss, depending on its reason, could occur on either, for example, Trump could loan the business money, thus putting the business in the red, while reducing his personal for the year..

Old 10-05-2016, 11:49 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times
[quote=pghquest;45719658]Looks like your minimizing the actions in order to justify them. When the other side makes them, I'll equally attack them..{/QUOTE]

WHEN the other side makes them? How's the weather there in FantasyLand?

Do you REALLY believe that both parties aren't full of BS?

Quote:
The Supreme Court has already ruled on the matter,
And often after laws have been in effect for years.

Quote:
The discussion taking place, (I know its difficult for you), is why the Demcorats, arent talking about the issues.. You know, the IMPORTANT Democrats.. not some random poster on a thread forum..
Oh bull!

You allege Democrats want to avoid talking about issues, although registered Unaffiliated I attempted to talk about an issue and you promptly sought to avoid talking about it, doing EXACGTLY what yuou accuse others of.

And from what I see of the allegedly IMPORTANT Democrats AND Republicans, they ALL spend far more time trying to tear each other down than talking about the issues. To allege only one side is doing this is laughable to the extreme.

BTW, unlike so many bandwagon jumpers here I've thought Donny a jackass for 35+ years, both as a D and as an R.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:51 AM

1,050 posts, read 700,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
And all Trump supporters want to do is bash Blacks, Muslims, and Hispanics all day long. According to Trump supporters everything in the world that's wrong is the fault of the scary Brown people. We can't talk about ideas, the only thing we can talk about is how to deport all the scary Brown people and Make America White Again!

It's pathetic ...
You are lying

Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Cant talk about terrorism, illegals, jobs, flaws with the tax code, social security, the economy..

We must talk about Trump and the tax returns.. NOTHING the Democrats want to talk about, has any impact on the future of this nation.

Its pathetic..
Maybe it's because they don't want to tell us

Old 10-05-2016, 11:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
And all Trump supporters want to do is bash Blacks, Muslims, and Hispanics all day long. According to Trump supporters everything in the world that's wrong is the fault of the scary Brown people. We can't talk about ideas, the only thing we can talk about is how to deport all the scary Brown people and Make America White Again!

It's pathetic ...

I have not seen or heard that. I have heard solutions to problems in America, that concern, Blacks, Radical Islam, and Illegal Aliens

Old 10-05-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
No ones bashed any of those things..

Illegals have been attacked, but that was a big issue for you guys just a few years ago, given the high cost of medical care for them.. note, the passing of ACA for an example..
The name calling strategy is an attempt to shut people up as they see someone is trying to defame their character

Old 10-05-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
GREAT! Let's talk about Trump wanting to throw even MORE! $$$ at a military that already consumes more $$$ than those of the next 7-10 nations combined. WHY should a military that costly require rebuilding? IF Donny's the great business mind he's claimed to be WHY isn't he proposing the DoD first be audited to find out where all that $$$ is going?
It's not just about spending money, it's how it's spent

Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Yes they do. He could owe $1 billion to a Russian Bank with direct ties to Putin. He could have investments in Russia that could be impacted by policy. He could implement policies that increase his investments.

He could have fraudulent deductions. We need to see these things. He already got busted with a fraudulent $25,000 charity deduction. He could be earning far less money than he says(there goes his 'successful businessman' con).

He's hiding something huuuuuge. Besides, he lied. He said he would show his tax returns and now he refused to do it. He has broken his promise to the American people.
If you believe honesty is so important--then I hope you're not voting for Hillary, she's an expert at lying par excellence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections