Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:30 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,908,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Get real. Christians are not under attack in the U.S. nor are they an endangered species.

Practice your own religion any way you want. But leave the rest of us out of it.

Conservatives just don't believe in the separation of church and state. The "Christian persecution" we've heard about for the past 8 years is just more right wing paranoia alongside the likes of FEMA camps, gold and silver, and other crazy nutjob conspiracy theories.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:33 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,345,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Christians are an endangered species under the hard left extremists like Obama and Hillary.

"Powerful Leftists have decreed that following Jesus in America today to be hate speech, resulting in Christians being punished, stereotyped, marginalized, intimidated, fired, and even jailed.."
Left to you maybe.

By the rest of the worlds standards, these two are pretty far right. Those you deem to the right have fallen off of a cliff somewhere.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:35 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Does anyone know what it takes to get a tax-exempt status removed from a church?

Several years ago, I attended a number of churches looking for one that sang the old hymns. Alas, all I could find were congregations singing variations of, "My God is an awesome God."

But I did run across a lot of churches that were pushing legislation and candidates.

If citizens start turning over recordings of preaching from the pulpit about legislation and candidates, would that be enough to launch an investigation into their tax-exempt status?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Christians are an endangered species under the hard left extremists like Obama and Hillary.

"Powerful Leftists have decreed that following Jesus in America today to be hate speech, resulting in Christians being punished, stereotyped, marginalized, intimidated, fired, and even jailed.."
Nonsense.

Everyone should recognize that hate speech is hate speech, regardless of who spouts it.

People are entitled to believe whatever they choose in the privacy of their own homes.
When those beliefs enter the public sphere and do harm to others there is no defense.

I won't read the link, but does it happen to mention this bit of scripture anywhere?

Matthew 5:38-40:

38 You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40 if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well;…

How about this one?

Mark 12:31:

31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Old 10-06-2016, 10:37 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,345,883 times
Quote:
You affirm what the article warns of; you hard left people are a danger to civilization.
Civilization is in danger because he hopes for the day you stop getting special treatment? Wut?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:39 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,205,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Nonsense.

Everyone should recognize that hate speech is hate speech, regardless of who spouts it.

People are entitled to believe whatever they choose in the privacy of their own homes.
When those beliefs enter the public sphere and do harm to others there is no defense.

I won't read the link, but does it happen to mention this bit of scripture anywhere?

Matthew 5:38-40:

38 You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40 if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well;…

How about this one?

31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”
Yes agreed but some take it to the wrong extreme as to kill people because they love themselves and their religion/god - for example.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:41 AM

46,993 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Said it before: No one can cry "We're being persecuted!" as loudly as those who are losing an unearned privilege they have come to consider a law of nature.

Your faith no longer comes with a side order of automatic preferred status in worldly matters - outside your church, you'll have to surrender to Caesar that which is Caesar's. Deal. Incidentally, I think that was recommended by a fairly major figure, anyway?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:50 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
You affirm what the article warns of; you hard left people are a danger to civilization.

Religious zealots feigning victimhood where none exists are a danger to America.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:53 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

How about this one?

Or one of the better explanations of some so-called Christians.

I like your Christ, I don't like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ
_____ Gandhi

Old 10-06-2016, 11:04 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Christians and endangered species? Seriously?

A church on every corner, every president has proclaimed their religious beliefs, the majority of Americans claim to be Christians, and you are still crying persecution?
Give me a break.

How about this, you live by your beliefs in your personal life, and let others live by theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.