Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Hillary Clinton was right to Purchase AD time ?
Yes, she needs to get as much exposure as she can get to win Florid! Who Cares about the Hurricane!? 7 17.95%
No, This is a total low Move ... She can care less about the Hurricane and the people affected... 32 82.05%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 10:31 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Political campaigns buy TV time slots weeks in advance, long before the hurricane was born.

So now the question is: are all of the Trump supporters slamming Hillary for her TV ads simply ignorant of how TV time gets purchased or are they distorting the truth on purpose?
Hillary Clinton makes political pitch in path of Hurricane Matthew, buys ad time on Weather Channel - Washington Times

While I'm sure airtime can bought way in advance, doesn't look like it was bought that far in advance in this case--the article states this airtime was bought recently for this channel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 10:41 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
That's a very smart move. If Trump had done it, y'all be congratulating him for his keen business acumen.

Don't be so PC. Hypocrites. pssst.

Mick

Old 10-07-2016, 10:46 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That's a very smart move. If Trump had done it, y'all be congratulating him for his keen business acumen.

Mick
If it was so smart, her campaign probably would not have pulled the ads.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:48 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
"My money is on" only means speculation
My 'speculation' includes a simple explanation that during the political ad season, which only lasts for a limited time, a candidate buys air time in response to quickly changing situations - thus, the recent buy of airtime as the polls heated up for clinton in Florida and other battleground states, along with wanting to take quick advantage of things that were said during the recent debates. That is sometimes called "being responsive to changes", or "flexibility".

Your 'speculation' is that the buy was done in an evil manner, to take advantage somehow of people who probably don't have electric and have other things to do than watch tv.

Either way, both of us are speculating on why the ad time was bought: one is saying that the buy was likely in response to something other than the hurricane, and the other is saying it is all about the hurricane. We may neither be right, but again, my money is on my explanation due to the overall political situation.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
You're speculating if I'm a hypocrite, but I'm not--everyone can be hypocritical at times and partial to their candidate

But people can also be genuinely turned off--and that's how I feel

Old 10-07-2016, 11:08 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Political campaigns buy TV time slots weeks in advance, long before the hurricane was born.

So now the question is: are all of the Trump supporters slamming Hillary for her TV ads simply ignorant of how TV time gets purchased or are they distorting the truth on purpose?
Gosh, you can't honestly believe that Trump supporters would distort the truth on purpose, could you?

/snort/

Old 10-07-2016, 11:08 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Kiss FL goodbye Hillary. You don't prey on people during devestation.
fake outrage when you have no problem with trump asking the terminally ill to hang on and go vote for him in the last 2 weeks of life. after all they will be remembered and loved. you are talking out both sides of your mouth on this one.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:09 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Hillary Clinton makes political pitch in path of Hurricane Matthew, buys ad time on Weather Channel - Washington Times

While I'm sure airtime can bought way in advance, doesn't look like it was bought that far in advance in this case--the article states this airtime was bought recently for this channel
You're right, I stand corrected. Confirmed on less biased news sources this was a last-minute ad buy.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:16 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Gosh, you can't honestly believe that Trump supporters would distort the truth on purpose, could you?

/snort/
She bought more airtime AFTER the storm was coming in anticipation that all Floridians would be watching that channel. Obviously, her campaign decided it was not a great plan and may backfire. Have no idea since they decided it was a stupid idea why her supporters are still on here defending it.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
fake outrage when you have no problem with trump asking the terminally ill to hang on and go vote for him in the last 2 weeks of life. after all they will be remembered and loved. you are talking out both sides of your mouth on this one.
That is a topic for a different thread, but I believe it's hyperbole, have you heard of that?

Still, it can be construed, especially by his opponents that he walked right into that one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections