Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 11:47 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,824,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck The Elder View Post
If you are voting please post here why you would do something so ridiculous.
Thank you.
To stop idiots like Trump and his supporters from gaining any power or influence in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 11:55 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Quote:
Thank you for the offer, but I do NOT give you consent to vote for me. I do not participate in fraud even by proxy.
I don't need your permission.

I just go and vote.

Quote:
I pay taxes under duress. Taxation is theft.
Wrong again.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:02 PM

44 posts, read 23,639 times
@ Old Gringo
If you are voting on my behalf, you need my permission. I do not grant that permission.

If I am wrong about taxation being theft, please explain to me how it isn't.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
To stop idiots like Trump and his supporters from gaining any power or influence in this country.
Trump is a man of wealth. Wealth controls this country. How is his not being made head master going to prevent his being influential in this country?

Old 10-08-2016, 02:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,468,234 times
Quote:
@ Old Gringo
If you are voting on my behalf, you need my permission. I do not grant that permission.

Statist logic on taxation: You get a service in return so it's not theft.

By that logic I could mow your lawn while you sleep, knock on your door and demand payment at gunpoint as you stagger thru your post-nap haze wondering what just happened.

And that scenario to the statist is not only logical...it's moral.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Statist logic on taxation: You get a service in return so it's not theft.

By that logic I could mow your lawn while you sleep, knock on your door and demand payment at gunpoint as you stagger thru your post-nap haze wondering what just happened.

And that scenario to the statist is not only logical...it's moral.
Agreed. Anything that is taken by force, threat of force, or threat of confinement (kidnapping) is theft. Or, more bluntly, it is outright robbery. And, even more bluntly, it is armed robbery since those who enforce taxation are armed and dangerous.

I do not want the services I am forced to pay for through taxation. I do not want to pay for a giant military that goes around the world policing and killing; I do not want to pay for abortions I have a moral objection to; I do not want to pay to bailout bankers who are nothing less than thieves; I do not want to pay for my neighbors seven children; I do not want to pay for the healthcare of strangers; I do not want....

In a free country, I would be allowed to opt out of paying extortion fees for the things I do not want, but I do not live in a free country.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
@ Old Gringo
I vote on behalf of all the stay-at-homers. They abdicate their votes to me each time they back out. And I'm happy to oblige them.

Quote:
You're dead wrong.

And I'm confident that no one on earth can explain it to you.

But you're in control. If it's rock bottom taxes you're after, you have options. Use that rugged individualism to take charge of your situation and minimize that horrible tax burden that's crushing the life out of you.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:23 PM

"I vote on behalf of all the stay-at-homers. They abdicate their votes to me each time they back out. And I'm happy to oblige them"
So you are the guy who has been voting on behalf of dead people.

"You're dead wrong.

And I'm confident that no one on earth can explain it to you."
I didn't ask anybody on earth but you. And if YOU have a position you cannot support, then, obviously, you don't have a valid position. Either show how taxation is not theft or admit you are wrong.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:34 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,694,999 times
The OP sounds like a Bent Bow post.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
"I vote on behalf of all the stay-at-homers. They abdicate their votes to me each time they back out. And I'm happy to oblige them"
So you are the guy who has been voting on behalf of dead people.

"You're dead wrong.

And I'm confident that no one on earth can explain it to you."
I didn't ask anybody on earth but you. And if YOU have a position you cannot support, then, obviously, you don't have a valid position. Either show how taxation is not theft or admit you are wrong.

Calm down, newb.

You're the one making silly assertions like "tax = theft."

If you wanta struggle through your existence holding onto bull-headed notions like that, then it's your choice.

Not up to me to enlighten you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections