Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:08 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times

Advertisements

I want a Government and politicians who understand and respect and protect our Constitution and the Republic founded by our founding fathers. I know that is likely too much to hope for.

Nonetheless, I'm sick of ignorant politicians or politicians who want to change our Republic in ways that violate the prescribed manner in which change is supposed to take place according to our Constitution.

Thus, I want Trump to win the election.

No, I do not believe that Trump has a solid grasp of our Constitution and the Republic formed by our founding fathers. However, should he be elected, I am certain that the Democrats will suddenly find a new-found respect for the Constitutional limits on the power of the Executive and the proper role and function of the Legislative branch. Moreover, if Trump is elected, I believe (perhaps against hope) that if he nominates anyone to SCOTUS, that individual will not be a progressive liberal who believes that law can and should better be made by the judiciary rather than the legislature.

IMO, preserving our system, as it was originally established, is more important than any particular individual who might be elected to serve as POTUS. As stated above, I do not believe that Trump has necessarily a better understanding of or respect for the Constitution, but, I am fairly certain that Democrat legislators will suddenly want to limit rather than empower POTUS if Trump is POTUS. If Hillary is elected, the Democrat legislators will almost certainly be happy to allow her to exercise powers that POTUS was never meant to have.

Democrats and liberal progressives seem to believe that the end (their vision of what things should be) justifies the means. In contrast, I believe that preserving and protecting our Constitution and our Republic and our federal system is vastly more important than who occupies the POTUS position.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:14 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm a gay man partnered to another gay man. We live in our own home that we own, have 2 cars, 2 dogs, garage, grass lawn, etc. In other words, a piece of the American Dream. I vote to prevent a nazi germany happening here.

From what I have seen so far, the Trump phenomenon looks very similar to the precursor of nazi germany. And I don't care if you guys accuse me of violating godwin's law. When we have a candidate that demonizes entire groups of people, encourages his fans to disenfranchise minority groups, and students holding hateful signs to disenfranchise the other team in a game who were made up of mostly hispanic students, I know we are heading toward the nazi germany direction if ilks like Trump are given a voice. I absolutely don't believe it is a coincidence that every white nationalist group out there have rallied to support Trump. That should give you a clue to what kind of message Trump is pushing.

My partner and I are not activists. We don't get in people's faces. And actually, I'm deep in the closet at work as not to offend people who might be offended by how I live my life. We just want to be left alone. Letting Trump take a hold of power might as well be letting the religious freaks have free reign over our lives. No thanks.
Thanks - nice to know that you don't consider Hillary Clinton's "Trump supporters are a Basket of Deplorables, Irredeemable and not Patriots" as NOT "demonizing" an entire group of Americans. Her entire campaign is built on Demonizing those that she doesn't like and on Divisiveness. She included all Republicans in her list of enemies when she was asked "who are your enemies?"

Tell us one single thing that Donald Trump has EVER said against Gay Men or Lesbian Women.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:22 AM

8,617 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm a gay man partnered to another gay man. We live in our own home that we own, have 2 cars, 2 dogs, garage, grass lawn, etc. In other words, a piece of the American Dream. I vote to prevent a nazi germany happening here.

From what I have seen so far, the Trump phenomenon looks very similar to the precursor of nazi germany. And I don't care if you guys accuse me of violating godwin's law. When we have a candidate that demonizes entire groups of people, encourages his fans to disenfranchise minority groups, and students holding hateful signs to disenfranchise the other team in a game who were made up of mostly hispanic students, I know we are heading toward the nazi germany direction if ilks like Trump are given a voice. I absolutely don't believe it is a coincidence that every white nationalist group out there have rallied to support Trump. That should give you a clue to what kind of message Trump is pushing.

My partner and I are not activists. We don't get in people's faces. And actually, I'm deep in the closet at work as not to offend people who might be offended by how I live my life. We just want to be left alone. Letting Trump take a hold of power might as well be letting the religious freaks have free reign over our lives. No thanks.
Try not to be so melodramatic with the sweeping generalizations as the demonization and hate is just as prevalent on the left as it is the right. I, too am gay and I have been out of the closet for quite some time and living in the real world. What I have learned in that time is that while protests certainly bring attention to issues, angry protests do not change the minds of people, but education and personal relationships do. I work for a Christian organization and I am very out-of-the-closet at work. Everyone is entitled to believe how they do when it comes to religion, but I have not had any difficulties with any "religious freaks" (as you called it) regarding my sexuality and have had quite a bit of support actually.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:28 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I want a Government and politicians who understand and respect and protect our Constitution and the Republic founded by our founding fathers. I know that is likely too much to hope for.

Nonetheless, I'm sick of ignorant politicians or politicians who want to change our Republic in ways that violate the prescribed manner in which change is supposed to take place according to our Constitution.

Thus, I want Trump to win the election.

No, I do not believe that Trump has a solid grasp of our Constitution and the Republic formed by our founding fathers. However, should he be elected, I am certain that the Democrats will suddenly find a new-found respect for the Constitutional limits on the power of the Executive and the proper role and function of the Legislative branch. Moreover, if Trump is elected, I believe (perhaps against hope) that if he nominates anyone to SCOTUS, that individual will not be a progressive liberal who believes that law can and should better be made by the judiciary rather than the legislature.

IMO, preserving our system, as it was originally established, is more important than any particular individual who might be elected to serve as POTUS. As stated above, I do not believe that Trump has necessarily a better understanding of or respect for the Constitution, but, I am fairly certain that Democrat legislators will suddenly want to limit rather than empower POTUS if Trump is POTUS. If Hillary is elected, the Democrat legislators will almost certainly be happy to allow her to exercise powers that POTUS was never meant to have.

Democrats and liberal progressives seem to believe that the end (their vision of what things should be) justifies the means. In contrast, I believe that preserving and protecting our Constitution and our Republic and our federal system is vastly more important than who occupies the POTUS position.
Until the Obama/Clinton era - I don't think any of us were all that concerned with "protecting our system of Government". We are now watching a Dictatorial US Department of Justice that will do anything (including Obstruction of Justice & Destruction of Evidence) to protect a Political Power.

Giving up Law & Order in the interest of Protecting a Political Power is very, very Dangerous.

The Corruption in Washington D.C. will destroy our System of Government - it is the most important thing we face right now. It has to be stopped - Hillary Clinton has already told us she will keep Loretta Lynch, supports the Black Lives Matter Rioters and will Double Down on the ObamaTeam Lawlessness or ignoring Congress, the Judiciary and our Constitution. IF she is elected - she will tilt the US Supreme Court so far Left and we will all be at the Mercy (and there is no Mercy) of those who will destroy our entire System.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:30 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,456 times
I've been voting since Carter ran. This is the first time in my life I have had to say I want a president that doesn't make americans look all bat **** crazy.

My friends in other countries are laughing at the thought that Trump has gotten this far. One is actually scared he might win.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I've been voting since Carter ran. This is the first time in my life I have had to say I want a president that doesn't make americans look all bat **** crazy.

My friends in other countries are laughing at the thought that Trump has gotten this far. One is actually scared he might win.
I'm not voting for Trump because he very well may do the same thing but they don't think us attacking other countries killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people doesn't make us look bat **** crazy?

To answer the question.....the stupid, useless, wasteful murderous wars. End them.

Jill Stein 2016

Old 10-10-2016, 08:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
My voting issue? How about poor choices for candidates for POTUS? On the one hand we have Trump who would turn the presidency of the US into a 4 year reality show (that would be a flop and cancelled in 4 years or less), and Hillary who would sell us out for a new world order. No thanks to both. I'll be voting for a pot head who promises to protect my liberties, I can live with the rest of his platform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections