Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1. If there are divorces or breakups over this election it won't be "as a result of a Trump campaign" - it will be a result of internal conflicts and an inability to respectfully resolve those conflicts in a loving way within the relationship - not "Trumps' campaign". Stupid question, stupid premise.

2. As stupid of a comment as #1. But you already knew that, didn't you?
Whenever I hear the you're-stupid rebuttals, can't help but chuckle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 08:40 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Not in our household. My husband was a Trump supporter, I preferred somebody else, but not Hilary. Now I'm a Trump supporter. I'm in the never Hilary camp, and so is my husband. But I don't think I will watch the debate tonight. I will skip it. I will vote for Trump though.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:44 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I do have problems with Bill Clinton and his disgusting record with women, but I don't hold Hillary accountable now for it, although I am disturbed that she defended him against his accusers. Besides Clinton ran the second time on a great record of accomplishments.
Trump is a dark hole AND a pervert.
There are so many contradiction in these statements I don't know where to begin. Trump is a pervert but Clinton who used cigars as ***** in the oval office is not. If you say that he was then why do you dilute that by talking about his "great accomplishments?" Trump has a LOT more accomplishments. Why not extend the same good will to Trump?

Old 10-09-2016, 08:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
We were discussing this last night in my home; how many couples are divided in this election? While there are surely some holdouts, a lot of female voters are dumping Donald Trump; and in those households where the husbands or boyfriends are staying the course, what's the outcome?

Trump Is Losing Educated GOP Women—and Splitting Up Families Along the Way - POLITICO Magazine

In a normal election year these splits might have some couples sleeping apart for a few nights in November, but this time around, I wonder how many divorces or breakups will occur as a result of the Trump campaign?

Clinton leads by about 20 points among women, Trump by about the same among men - a huge gender gap, triple the normal gap in exit polls for four decades.

[snipped a really dumb comment.]

The last poll I saw showed a slight majority of married women oppose Hillary. The new audio may change that.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:02 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
The Clinton campaign is the one that plays identity politics. You can blame them if this happens.
You can blame women having opinions diferent then their husband.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:32 AM

15,967 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
There are so many contradiction in these statements I don't know where to begin. Trump is a pervert but Clinton who used cigars as ***** in the oval office is not. If you say that he was then why do you dilute that by talking about his "great accomplishments?" Trump has a LOT more accomplishments. Why not extend the same good will to Trump?
Clinton left a healthy economy, no wars, no debt, high employment. Trump inherited a great sum of money, incurred a billion dollar loss, we have no idea what taxes he has paid. He has instigated hatered against every minority community, has no respect for women, invited Russia to spy on us, suggested someone assisinate Hillary. He is an idiot and dangerous to US.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:36 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I'd never marry anyone stupid enough to vote for either of those two. (Though I can understand voting for one to keep the other one from winning.)

And I didn't.

Thank god.

The debates are hilarious, though, and we watch them.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:47 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
I go to a sewing group that is basically all women. We don't talk about politics, but I have heard the odd comment now and then that leads me to believe that there is significant friction in those households where one supports trump and the other does not. Some are just keeping silent at home to keep the peace, and a lot of those women are going to be voting for someone other than trump in the privacy of the voting booth. They say their hub's will never know. I am wondering if the general agreement to not talk politics at the group meeting will suddenly end this week, tho.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
We were discussing this last night in my home; how many couples are divided in this election? While there are surely some holdouts, a lot of female voters are dumping Donald Trump; and in those households where the husbands or boyfriends are staying the course, what's the outcome?

Trump Is Losing Educated GOP Women—and Splitting Up Families Along the Way - POLITICO Magazine

In a normal election year these splits might have some couples sleeping apart for a few nights in November, but this time around, I wonder how many divorces or breakups will occur as a result of the Trump campaign?

Clinton leads by about 20 points among women, Trump by about the same among men - a huge gender gap, triple the normal gap in exit polls for four decades. Trump men are surely bitterly wishing they could undo that women's suffrage thing they enacted 100 years ago. Maybe if Trump is elected he could do something about that annoying 19th amendment.
In our family, from us oldsters down to the grandkids as young as late 20s, we are not divided. We have on daughter and hubby that may vote for Johnson. The rest of us, both men and women are reluctantly, still voting for Trump, potty mouth and all.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:04 AM

188 posts, read 662,967 times
My hubs is a trumpet. He also believes in chemtrails and various other conspiracy theories. We stay silent on these issues just to keep the peace. I am no fan of Hillary, but I really really really don't want Trump in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections